Prime Minister for Canyons wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:59 am
Black Orchid wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:25 pm
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:48 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:46 pm
About as much as celebrating gayness has to do with tennis.
Theres a difference between celebrating and identifying.
Identify as a frog for all I care but keep your identity politics out of sport. :roll:
Novak self-identified as a dickhead
I agree, and he totally got what he deserved, but I don't think we need to have a "celebrate Novak the dickhead" or a "poor Novak was mistreated" day.

Redneck

Re: Australian Open Tennis

Post by Redneck » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:28 am

Nice to see Ash Barty still winning at the AO

------------------------------------------------------------

Ash Barty is through to the semi-finals of the Australian Open for the second time in her career after a thumping win over American Jessica Pegula on Tuesday night.

The world No. 1 was red-hot as she set-up a final-four showdown with American slugger Madison Keys.

Ash Barty has bulldozed her way into the semi-finals with a 6-2 6-0 win over American Jessica Pegula.

The world No. 1 was clean without really needing to dig into her bag of tricks as she raced through to her second semi-final at Melbourne Park in just 63 minutes.

The feat is something no Australian has ever achieved previously with even Aussie tennis icons Lleyton Hewitt and Pat Rafter only making one semi-final appearance each.

Barty is the first Aussie to play two semi-finals at her home grand slam since the tournament was moved from Kooyong in 1988.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/tennis/au ... 9fe056c3db

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:49 pm

Redneck wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:28 am
Nice to see Ash Barty still winning at the AO

------------------------------------------------------------

Ash Barty is through to the semi-finals of the Australian Open for the second time in her career after a thumping win over American Jessica Pegula on Tuesday night.

The world No. 1 was red-hot as she set-up a final-four showdown with American slugger Madison Keys.

Ash Barty has bulldozed her way into the semi-finals with a 6-2 6-0 win over American Jessica Pegula.

The world No. 1 was clean without really needing to dig into her bag of tricks as she raced through to her second semi-final at Melbourne Park in just 63 minutes.

The feat is something no Australian has ever achieved previously with even Aussie tennis icons Lleyton Hewitt and Pat Rafter only making one semi-final appearance each.

Barty is the first Aussie to play two semi-finals at her home grand slam since the tournament was moved from Kooyong in 1988.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/tennis/au ... 9fe056c3db
Wow - a 6-2 6-0 win leaves her with PLENTY of energy in reserve.
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:11 am

Ash Barty progresses to the final

Ash Barty is one win away from adding another major championship to her tally after becoming the first local player in 42 years to reach the Australian Open women's singles final.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:56 am

Today matches

7:30pm tonight

Womens Singles......Ash Barty (Australia) vs D Collins (USA)

8:30pm tonight

Mens Doubles... all Australian:...... N Kyrgios/T Kokkinakis vs M Ebden/M Purcell

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:27 pm

Terrific.

Danielle Collins was very good

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:38 pm

How good was that ?

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:59 am

I had not seen Ash play before, nor watched tennis for a long time.

It was very good

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:01 am

It was a great match. Barty came back from being 5-1 down in the second set and slayed it. I felt sorry for Collins when she said "no-one has ever really supported me in my career" when she was thanking people. Before that I didn't think too much of her when she walked off without even acknowledging the umpire.

Rough crowd out there though. I don't like it when people boo and groan. I'd toss them out.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:15 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:01 am
It was a great match. Barty came back from being 5-1 down in the second set and slayed it. I felt sorry for Collins when she said "no-one has ever really supported me in my career" when she was thanking people. Before that I didn't think too much of her when she walked off without even acknowledging the umpire.

Rough crowd out there though. I don't like it when people boo and groan. I'd toss them out.
Totally.
I like Collins