sprintcyclist

Re: Australian Open Tennis

Post by sprintcyclist » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:33 pm

nadals fading
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:21 pm

Almost as soon as I said that, Nadal bounced back .............
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Prime Minister for Canyons

Post by Prime Minister for Canyons » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:08 am

sprintcyclist wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:23 pm
I like Medvedev.

How do they serve at 200 km/h?

Practice and timing. A lot like how do the pro golfers drive 300 metres. I went to a tournament a few years ago and saw Norman drive, he didn't swing any harder than any amateur I've ever seen, it was just the perfect timing of the swing.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:55 am

It was a really good match. I stayed up and watched it all. I think the crowd at the AO were a bunch of bozos though.

Apparently Kyrgios was mouthing off in a press conference about one of his finals opponents too. :roll:

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:05 pm

As for Purcell, who lost the men’s doubles final alongside Matthew Ebden, he enjoyed playing in front of a big crowd but was unsure if such scenes would be reciprocated across the globe.

“I think it was great for ticket sales here, but I’m not so sure how it was taken overseas,” Purcell said.

“If you’re watching some of Nick and Thanasi’s matches earlier in the week and you’re overseas, maybe you get turned off tennis a little bit.”

Kyrgios took to his Instagram stories to respond to Purcell’s comments in vicious fashion, stating that “people would rather watch paint dry” than his style of play.

“As for @maxpurcell you donut, regarding your comments after the match you clearly have no idea about entertainment and sport,” Kyrgios wrote.

If you haven’t noticed there is a reason why people actually come to my matches, it’s because the level and my game are actually worth watching.

“Next time you lose another slam final, you should just put your head down and try to figure out how to play the big points better.

“No need to slate other Aussies in the media cuz people would rather watch paint dry than your s and v (serve and volley) game style.”

>snip<

All I said was that when people watch me around the world the stadiums are full, I grew up with Ash and always knew her potential.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/tennis/aus ... ee64260816

Still an arrogant brat.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:44 pm

It was only a few months ago that Nadal thought he may never play again with his ankle injury and surgery. Then, in December, he went to start to make a comeback in Abu Dhabi and got Covid.