Melbourne Cup Day

Discuss sport related and outdoor activities here
mellie

Re: Melbourne Cup Day

Post by mellie » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:53 am

Gillards backing British Import "Manighar" lol.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-10-11/i ... up/3498670

I reckon a German horse will win the cup...their wanting to form an USE , United States of Europe, only they UK aren't welcome, apparently.

No wonder old saddle bags (Queen E) has been sucking up to Australia.

skippy

Post by skippy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:54 am

Mr Abbott has refused to shift question time on Tuesday to allow MPs to watch the Melbourne Cup
This is going to be an easy one for me to prove you wrong,mel, question time will finish half an hour before the cup runs,so Abbott has been proven a liar,again, and you really need to get up to date with the facts,reading old news just makes you look silly, I expect an apology from you at 2,30 PM this arvo, tho I expect you will not be big enough to give it.

mellie

Post by mellie » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:01 am

This news is old Skip?

ha ha ha...

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/ju ... 6182162846

They may make the cup, finish early because they ensure they do, but it wont be because they have succeeded in having it moved the way Gillard wanted it to be moved to another time slot.

Yu dumbass....ha ha ha

In other words.... Labor have a choice, Question time or the Cup... ie, they may not ask any/few questions in order to have it over and done with by the race, or they will have to miss the cup.

Decisions decisions...

QT might be more exciting than the Cup this year :clap

If so, I'll back Abbott for a win, both ways...:)

skippy

Post by skippy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:13 am

but it wont be because they have succeeded in having it moved the way Gillard wanted it to be moved to another time slot.
You stupid fuckwit, I knew you weren't big enough to admit you were wrong.Abbott backed down, and you're a fucking retard.

mellie

Post by mellie » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:15 am

So, in other words Skip, if Labor want to make the Cup, they have to shut their cake hole.....most work places turn the radio on for a minute, listen to the race, then go back to work, they don't rearrange their entire work schedule around the race, rather work the race into their existing schedule, why should parliament be any different?

Are they special?

:) If I started work today at 3pm (Hospital) for an afternoon shift in A&E, would my DON (Director of nursing) be only too happy for me to arrive a bit later, so I may watch the race?

mellie

Post by mellie » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:18 am

Abbott has not backed down, Gillard will probably abstain from asking so many questions to finish early, but it wont be because Tony allowed them to move QT's time slot.

You thick skulled moron.

:) Anyway, I have to go put a bet on....i'll be back later Skip.

I'm looking forward to both QT and the Cup today.... decisions decisions....ha ha ha :clap

skippy

Post by skippy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:21 am

I refuse to engage with you anymore until you admit you're wrong, you're a fuckwit, if you cant admit you're wrong all I will do from now on is point out what a lying fucking retard you are.

mellie

Post by mellie » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:23 am

Read it and weep Skiptard, and unless you have a link to an update , then I suggest you go back to eating through a straw. eeeerrrrr hahah :clap

Yu Veg

Anyway, back later... xx

skippy

Post by skippy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:27 am

mellie wrote:Read it and weep Skiptard, and unless you have a link to an update , then I suggest you go back to eating through a straw. eeeerrrrr hahah :clap

Yu Veg

Anyway, back later... xx
Stupid lying fuckwit

mellie

Post by mellie » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:55 am

You see Skip, it seams Gillard tried to give herself an early-mark to watch the cup, (Thats one way of avoiding the bigger questions I guess) when Abbott said, no, I don't think Question Time should be cut short at all.

So.... due to the MP's desire to watch the race, and their having voted in favor of being able to move question time forward.....
Abbott has agreed to start QT earlier, though only because the MP's voted in favor of doing so, so whilst Abbott didn't get his wish which was to have QT as per regular schedule, neither did Gillard, who really wanted to give herself an early mark to avoid the thick of QT.

Personally, I think it demonstrates poor work-ethic, can the rest of Australia rearrange their jobs around the Melbourne Cup?

Abbott was right to oppose it, though the MP's sided with Gillard the bludger and decided to work their sitting (Jobs) around a horse race, not the other way round.

Yes Skippy, you were ultimately right in that Abbott was forced the relent due to MP's in favor of re-scheduling QT, (how much of the tax payers money did this waste determining if Question Time should be rescheduled around a horse race I wonder), however this is only just in, so you wouldn't have known this at the time you constructed your lame-ass argument , so this said, technically, unless you can provide a source which confirms you were right at the time the article I used to substantiate my argument went to press, then really, you just got lucky.... thats all.

:) Just because they changed their minds in the last hour, due to MP's insistence, (Not Tony's) doesn't mean you were right at the time you disputed the facts.

You should go back a horse yourself....must be your lucky day, because for once, you actually called it correctly, even if you were just pissing in the wind and had nothing to substantiate your claims at the time you put forth your argument.

*Pokes out tongue*

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nationa ... 6182279945