Melbourne Cup Day

Discuss sport related and outdoor activities here
mellie

Re: Melbourne Cup Day

Post by mellie » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:13 pm

Some might call this dumb luck... :thumb

So, have you backed any horses Skip, and if not, how about placing a dummy bet?

*snort*

My actual bet is ..

$20 on ILLO for a place

My dummy bet is

1) ILLO
2) Jukebox Jury
3) Americain

or

1) Jukebox Jury
2) ILLO
3) Americain

:)

mellie

Post by mellie » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:20 pm

This said, I think Tony Abbott has more important things on his mind, (ie, running the country) than studying the form guide, as can be demonstrated by his 2010 cup day gaff.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2010-11-02/a ... fe/2320600

At least he has his priorities in order, pity our Gillard didn't.

Oh the pettiness of the ABC.

mellie

Post by mellie » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:22 pm

This just came in ...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/racing/588 ... bourne-Cup

hmmm... damn it, I should have shut my mouth.

And I should have backed it for 1st place.

I have it backed for a place, but not the win.

;P

Bart Cummings wasn't even going to get out of bed, until his new Jockey mounted ILLO.

"I wasn't going to come, I thought it was too cold, but they said that the jockey would be disappointed if I'm not here and the owner would be disappointed, so here I am,"- the master trainer said.
Last edited by mellie on Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mellie

Post by mellie » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:36 pm

skippy

Post by skippy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:59 pm

Abbott has agreed to start QT earlier
Now you admit I'm right, where;'s my fucking apology???

skippy

Post by skippy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:06 pm

however this is only just in, so you wouldn't have known this at the time you constructed your lame-ass argument
I knew at fucking 8.30 this morning, when all the media outlets started reporting it, you useless fuckwit. Just don't engage with me anymore if you cannot admit when you are wrong I don't want anything to do with you, you have no respect for yourself, let alone others.

mellie

Post by mellie » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:14 pm

skippy wrote:
Abbott has agreed to start QT earlier
Now you admit I'm right, where;'s my fucking apology???

You based your premature assumption on what again skippy?

Because at the time you disputed the matter at hand, Tony Abbott was strongly opposed to granting Gillard an early mark so she could go and watch her grey dog scratch it's ass down Flemingtons track.

Beginners luck...you got lucky, thats all Skip.

At least I could back my assumptions up with something more substantial than verbal abuse, could you say the same?

-Smirk

I work with facts Skip, not 'assumptions'.

You piss in the wind, and take chances, I don't.

Ok, you got lucky, but you didn't get lucky because you were right or clever, (because you were wrong at the time you disputed the facts) you got lucky because our MP's stacked a vote in favor of the Cup, lovely work ethic they have....perhaps we should all "Stop Work" on this day, render it a public holiday for an hour or so.....this way it will be fair, when it's clear, this is how Gillards cabinet feels.

mellie

Post by mellie » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:16 pm

And Skip, stop being a princess, recall the 2010 election, not only are you a terrible loser, but you are an even more unbearable winner, not that you win often.

;P

PS- Have you placed your bets?

mellie

Post by mellie » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:19 pm

skippy wrote:
however this is only just in, so you wouldn't have known this at the time you constructed your lame-ass argument
I knew at fucking 8.30 this morning, when all the media outlets started reporting it, you useless fuckwit. Just don't engage with me anymore if you cannot admit when you are wrong I don't want anything to do with you, you have no respect for yourself, let alone others.

Show me one link that substantiates your claims, because the fact of the matter is, they only decided around 11am to reschedule QT.

So if they didn't even know yet, this and were still casting their votes you arrogant toilet brush, how the ferk did you know?

What are you god?

Admit it, you made a baseless assumption, an un-educated guess, then got lucky...thats all.

Oh, and Gillard didn't win, or achieve her objective, because she wanted QT cut short, not brought forward.

The bludger.

mellie

Post by mellie » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:24 pm

Skippy, you cant provide a link that demonstrates that you knew at 830 am because you are lying, AGAIN!!

If you can provide a link that demonstrates that they knew QT was to be re-scheduled at or before 830 am, then I shall eat my words.

You are now just trying to cash in on a stroke of dumb luck... sorry, but again, I work with facts.

Not a crystal ball.