Is there a God

Self evident. Any special interest matter can be raised here, including current affairs which might not suit either of the Politics Forums.
Bogan

Re: Is there a God

Post by Bogan » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:42 pm

The town of St. Albans, NSW, is situated in the Hawksbury River Valley. Although close to Sydney, it is way off the beaten track on a dirt road through the mountains, on the northern side of the Hawksbury River, accessible only by ferry. In order to attract tourists, one bright spark claimed that there were flying rabbits (which he called "Flabbits", flying around St. Albans. This story was submitted to the Sydney tabloid press, more of a joke than anything else.

Guess what? Dozens of people started writing to the Sydney Daily Telegraph, saying that they had seen flying rabbits for years, but had never told anyone because they thought that nobody would believe them.

Psychologists call such phenomenon "visual hallucinations."

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:48 pm

Who wrote The Bible? The original one? I think it is just a bunch of Old Mens' Tales, passed down the generations. If you have done any Genealogy, you will know how that goes. ;)

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:51 pm

Flying rabbits? :rofl I think there is a lot more "mental health issues" around than we really know. ;)
Aliens.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:36 pm

Considering that the entire planet is now in the grips of the corona virus...maybe we should all start
praying....if we pray enough...everyone will be saved....
Ive always been a firm believer in the benefits of prayer...... :rofl
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:03 am

Is everyone praying...….
I suppose if/when they discover a vaccine...it will be Gods answer to all our prayers...... :rofl
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire

Texan

Post by Texan » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:31 pm

2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

There are conditions.

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:37 pm

Can I ask Tex, or anyone else for that matter....what has God done for you.....

Texan

Post by Texan » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:47 pm

billy the kid wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:37 pm
Can I ask Tex, or anyone else for that matter....what has God done for you.....
He has given me a mate that shares my values and loves me in spite of my faults. I was a foolish and selfish person in my younger years. I had dropped out of college and joined the military to not be a burden on my parents. Within 2 weeks of getting right with God, I got a letter in the mail from my future wife. We had a common friend whom I went to church with growing up and she gave my future wife my address for us to be "pen pals" after I joined the military and left town. We lived 500 miles apart from the time we started writing until we married just over a year later. We have been married over 28 years and I couldn't be happier. You can say that it was just random chance, but it will fall on deaf ears. Within 2 years of turning to God, I married my wife, finished college, and fathered my first child.

We have lived in several cities since getting married. Church has always been something stable in our lives. We have always met people with similar values and we influence each other and sometimes hold each other accountable for our actions. Our son's best friends have been found in church. I know that I am talking about church and not God, but God is the reason we are in church.

I have been known to use language on here that some people would consider fowl. If that offends anybody here, let me know and I will stop. Personally, I just see that language as an alternate word that has the same meaning. I have always drawn the line with "using the Lord's name in vane", which is the wording in the 10 commandments. You'll never here me use "Jesus Christ" or "God" as a byword. Anytime I mention those names, there will be a purpose for saying it and it will be in a reverent manner. Romans chapter 14 covers this. They use eating "unclean foods" as an example. Jesus declared all food fit for consumption, but suggested that if it offends someone for you to eat that food in their presence, then don't eat that food for their benefit. I don't use the words, fluffy bunny, shit, or even damn around my friends at church because I don't want to offend them. Maybe I shouldn't use them here either, as that may make me appear to be a hypocrite to you looking from outside the faith.

I've also been abusive at times. While I don't want to appear weak or afraid to stand up for my beliefs, I do need to watch my temper and control my tongue. Feel free to call me on it if I start name calling or making fun of somebody's perceived stupidity.(I'm talking about individuals.) I've let anonymity go to my head at times and forgotten who I am, what I stand for, and who I am supposed to represent. Sin of all types is easy to fall into and I try to keep myself in check at all times. Christians aren't perfect, they are just forgiven.

As a Christian, I would like to see everybody become a Christian, but Jesus gave this choice to everyone and it's not up to me to make their choices for them. As I see it, that's the difference between Christianity and Islam. I see Islam as an oppressive political system. Jesus calls Christians to spread the Gospel, but doesn't hold Christians responsible for making people listen.

Mark 6:7-11 Calling the Twelve to him, he began to send them out two by two and gave them authority over impure spirits. 8These were his instructions: "Take nothing for the journey except a staff-no bread, no bag, no money in your belts. 9Wear sandals but not an extra shirt. 10Whenever you enter a house, stay there until you leave that town. 11And if any place will not welcome you or listen to you, leave that place and shake the dust off your feet as a testimony against them."

I'd better get to bed. Thanks for listening to my ramblings and now you have a better idea of where I come from.

The4thEstate

Post by The4thEstate » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:34 pm

Texan wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:47 pm
As a Christian, I would like to see everybody become a Christian, but Jesus gave this choice to everyone and it's not up to me to make their choices for them. As I see it, that's the difference between Christianity and Islam. I see Islam as an oppressive political system. Jesus calls Christians to spread the Gospel, but doesn't hold Christians responsible for making people listen.
To expand on the difference between Christianity and Islam, I would note that if someone asked me to name devout Christians who dedicated themselves to living their faith, the first person who'd come to mind would be Mother Teresa.

And if asked to name devout Muslims who dedicated themselves to living their faith, the first person who'd come to mind would be Osama bin Laden.

It's not just Islam vs. Christianity. Look at the difference between Islam vs. Judaism: On one hand, you have Israel, a modern nation with a lengthy list of medical and scientific achievements. On the other hand, you have the Palestinians, whose energies are mainly devoted to lobbing missiles into Israeli neighborhoods..

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:42 pm

The4thEstate wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:34 pm
Texan wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:47 pm
To expand on the difference between Christianity and Islam, I would note that if someone asked me to name devout Christians who dedicated themselves to living their faith, the first person who'd come to mind would be Mother Teresa.

And if asked to name devout Muslims who dedicated themselves to living their faith, the first person who'd come to mind would be Osama bin Laden.

It's not just Islam vs. Christianity. Look at the difference between Islam vs. Judaism: On one hand, you have Israel, a modern nation with a lengthy list of medical and scientific achievements. On the other hand, you have the Palestinians, whose energies are mainly devoted to lobbing missiles into Israeli neighborhoods..
So being locked in a gulag and having their land taken over for Jewish settlements is OK with you?

Would you fight back :S ?

Despite having a lot of sympathy for the Jews after Hitler it seems Israelies are the new NAZIs in my opinion.

Their masters have taught them well!