Could Brian be right ??

Sciences, Environmental/Climate issues, Academia and Technical interests
Nom De Plume

Re: Could Brian be right ??

Post by Nom De Plume » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:00 pm

billy the kid wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:00 pm
Whether this forum is right or left is immaterial....totally immaterial....
The bottom line is that the left is destroying the entire planet and it has to be stopped....
One way or another...the left has to be wiped out.....
Unforunately, I probably wont be around to enjoy it.....
Why would you want to wipe out lefties?
How are the lefties destroying the entire planet?

You are one of those peeps that Trump warns us against... peddling fake news to the masses.
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:10 pm

I don't peddle fake news...all my links are genuine...if you want to dispute them...that's your privilege…
I often post quoting a link and add a comment.."believe what you want to believe"
As far as the loony left is concerned...anyone who wants to promote their idiotic leftish attitudes
under the banner of tolerance and diversity can kiss my arse…..
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

FLEKTARN

Post by FLEKTARN » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:22 pm

billy the kid wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:00 pm
Whether this forum is right or left is immaterial....totally immaterial....
The bottom line is that the left is destroying the entire planet and it has to be stopped....
One way or another...the left has to be wiped out.....
Unforunately, I probably wont be around to enjoy it.....

It's a heavily biased opinion. The Right could be destroying it as well. What did you personally do to improve the situation where you live?
The one that says the least can often have a very different perspective and hold the answer. The least qualified person may hold the most wisdom. When you don’t have knowledge or experience blocking your perspective, you can see problems and solutions.

Bogan

Post by Bogan » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:34 am

Redneck wrote

I am beginning to think Brian may be right!

This forum largely consists of right wing - anti immigration - Islamaphobes

Who are very intolerant of alternate views!!

Just wondering?
My answer to your question is "no", and I will explain why.

To begin with, Brian Ross owns his own debate site (Debate and Relate) which had been around for many years, and it was a good debate site until Brian somehow got control of it. At that point right wing contributors started to leave although I do not know why. My own posts were few because of time constraints but one fine day I decided to post an anti Muslim post of about 2000-3000 words. The only response I got was from Brian and another lefty who both responded in identical ways. Both wrote sneery one liners to the effect that I did not prove my points.

I thought to myself "Is this a debate site?" What Brian and his comrade had done was to frustrate my long and well reasoned post by simply dismissing it with a curt sentence. Now, I am not wasting my time posting replies to people who do not want to debate and who are simply using tactics to deliberately stifle debate. So I stopped contributing to Debate and Relate and went elsewhere.

It was some years before I had the inclination to give D&R another chance. I read through the posts on D and R and realised that it was almost dead. It seemed to consist of just a bunch of lefties reinforcing each other's worldview, and a house trained right winger or two vainly trying to make headway. I posted up exactly the same 2000-3000 word article I had posted previously to see if it got a better reaction this time around.

The reaction I got was to be banned from D&R. The rules of debate had changed so much in the intervening years that it was clear to me that D&R was now a PC site where freedom of speech was savagely curtailed. Nothing could be posted to "offend" any PC protected minority. Since immigration and multiculturalism, and especially Islamic immigration, are the two most hotly discussed issues among people who are interested in political debate, Brian had effectively banned from comment the two most important subjects people want to discuss.

That D&R is still politically constipated, and still threatening or banning right wingers who wish to verbally cross swords over important issues with lefties, can be deduced by the fact that Brian has come onto a right wing site to get some action. But unlike left wing sites like D&R and New Matilda, we don't try to muzzle our opponents or ban them from raising issues we don't want discussed.

The problem of attracting opponents of differing viewpoints so that a lively debate takes place, is common to lefty sites like D&R and New Matilda on one hand, and right wing sites like Political Animal on the other. But the lefties problem is caused by their banning effective right wing writers who refuse to be constrained by rules that prevent them speaking about what they think is important. The right wing problem is caused by the fact that any little young doe eyed innocent trendy lefty who comes on PA with little more than a superior attitude and a few memorised slogans for arguments, is going to be quickly torn to shreds by the right wing sharks.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:57 am

You broke ruled which you had agreed to abide by, Bogan. You were banned because you disputed that rules transgression and kept on attacking individuals and groups. Abide by the rules and you'd be welcomed back. However, what is the betting you can't abide by such rules? MMmmm? :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:51 am

I still think this forum largely consists of right wing - anti immigration - Islamaphobes

Who are very intolerant of alternate views!! (especially Bwians)

:h

Bogan

Post by Bogan » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:04 pm

Shove your site up your arse, Brian.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:21 pm

Bogan wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:04 pm
Shove your site up your arse, Brian.
Nice. So, you going to stop criticising it 'cause you can't abide by the publicly posted rules? Rules which you were asked to observe but didn't? :roll:

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:23 pm

brian ross wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:57 am

You broke ruled which you had agreed to abide by, Bogan. You were banned because you disputed that rules transgression and kept on attacking individuals and groups. Abide by the rules and you'd be welcomed back. However, what is the betting you can't abide by such rules? MMmmm? :roll:
You dumped my thread, “The Usual Suspects”. That was enough for me; I didn’t hang around long enough to be banned. What you have done to a once flourishing board is a travesty.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:29 pm

Nicole wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:23 pm
brian ross wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:57 am

You dumped my thread, “The Usual Suspects”. That was enough for me; I didn’t hang around long enough to be banned. What you have done to a once flourishing board is a travesty.
You were asked to abide by the publically displayed rules, "Nicole". You agreed before your membership was approved. Your "usual suspects" thread did not fit the rules. It was deleted. I am unsure why you find this hard to accept that rules exist and that they are enforced. :roll: :roll: