Whats the point?

Sciences, Environmental/Climate issues, Academia and Technical interests
billy the kid

Whats the point?

Post by billy the kid » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:16 pm

I came onto this forum to enter into sensible debate about various issues, one of which was islam.
I see that, from the replies on this topic, that its a total waste of time debating islam, when no-one is prepared
to answer any simple questions about islam, mohammed or any other news worthy of discussion.
All Ive received from this forum from islamic apologists has been relativism which displays a total inability to
debate at any level.
People can comment about islam until the cows come home but whats the point when all we receive is strawmen
and relativism from people who just want to shut down debate and use the excuse of islamophobia.
Posters cant just shut down debate using the excuse of islamophobia...all that does is create more confrontation.
This is the very reason why people are concerned about islam.
No-one gives any answers...they just plead islamophobia.
As I said in another post, islamic leaders know that islam cannot survive the criticism, therefore they plead islamophobia and attempt worldwide to shut down criticism of islam and shut down free speech.
If islam is free of criticism, lets here some answers, not just relativism and strawmen.
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

Redneck

Re: Whats the point?

Post by Redneck » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:19 pm

billy the kid wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:16 pm
I came onto this forum to enter into sensible debate about various issues, one of which was islam.
I see that, from the replies on this topic, that its a total waste of time debating islam, when no-one is prepared
to answer any simple questions about islam, mohammed or any other news worthy of discussion.
All Ive received from this forum from islamic apologists has been relativism which displays a total inability to
debate at any level.
People can comment about islam until the cows come home but whats the point when all we receive is strawmen
and relativism from people who just want to shut down debate and use the excuse of islamophobia.
Posters cant just shut down debate using the excuse of islamophobia...all that does is create more confrontation.
As I said in another post, islamic leaders know that islam cannot survive the criticism, therefore they plead islamophobia and attempt worldwide to shut down criticism of islam and shut down free speech.
If islam is free of criticism, lets here some answers, not just relativism and strawmen.
Sorry largely dont do Islam!!

Thats just me!

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:30 pm

Redneck wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:19 pm
billy the kid wrote:
debate at any level.

Thats just me!
So what are you suggesting...dont criticize islam...shut down all criticisms of anything and everything...
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:33 pm

billy the kid wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:30 pm
Redneck wrote:
billy the kid wrote:
debate at any level.

Thats just me!
So what are you suggesting...dont criticize islam...shut down all criticisms of anything and everything...
Criticize them as much as you like, that will give you and "Brian The Conscience" plenty to argue about!

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:39 pm

Redneck wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:33 pm
billy the kid wrote:
Redneck wrote:
billy the kid wrote:
debate at any level.

Thats just me!
Criticize them as much as you like, that will give you and "Brian The Conscience" plenty to argue about!
mr ross wont argue..he's got nothing..we all know that...
btw Im not criticizing "them" Im criticizing islam/mohammed/sharia law....

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:07 pm

billy the kid wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:39 pm
Redneck wrote:
billy the kid wrote:
Redneck wrote:
billy the kid wrote:
debate at any level.

Thats just me!
Are you? Sure could have fooled me. You have yet to demonstrate even a modicum of understanding of the basics of Islam, let alone anything advanced. I also fail to see the point in criticising a man who lived over 1400 years ago and who lived in a completely different society to any available today. However, if that floats your boat, go for it. Up till now, you've been criticising me, calling me imaginary names and assuming I am a Muslim. It merely demonstrates your Islamophobia. You don't want understanding, you want to dictate to others how they should live their lives and beliefs. :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:14 pm

Brian is not a good debater as you have quickly identified billy. Ask him a tough question, like “name 10 good things about Mohammad” and he deflects, name calls and scuttles like a cockroach.

I have never seen Brian conceed anything - even when he’s taken a worse beating than Rodney king. The point remains, however, that the audience sees it. People like me, see it.

And that’s what we need, because the media and politicians are not to be trusted. They should keep their grubby little hands off the internet - the peoples voice.

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:15 pm

brian ross wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:07 pm
billy the kid wrote:
Redneck wrote:
billy the kid wrote:
Redneck wrote:

Thats just me!
Are you? Sure could have fooled me. You have yet to demonstrate even a modicum of understanding of the basics of Islam, let alone anything advanced. I also fail to see the point in criticising a man who lived over 1400 years ago and who lived in a completely different society to any available today. However, if that floats your boat, go for it. Up till now, you've been criticising me, calling me imaginary names and assuming I am a Muslim. It merely demonstrates your Islamophobia. You don't want understanding, you want to dictate to others how they should live their lives and beliefs. :roll:
Relax Brian. As a heterosexual male you’re pretty safe.

You are however, an infidel.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:22 pm

Mistress Nicole wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:14 pm
Brian is not a good debater as you have quickly identified billy. Ask him a tough question, like “name 10 good things about Mohammad” and he deflects, name calls and scuttles like a cockroach.

I have never seen Brian conceed anything - even when he’s taken a worse beating than Rodney king. The point remains, however, that the audience sees it. People like me, see it.
When I am proved wrong, "Nicole", I concede. I have never seen you concede, "Nicole", on anything, ever. In over what, 20 years, I have never seen you admit an error in your arguments. Funny that.
And that’s what we need, because the media and politicians are not to be trusted. They should keep their grubby little hands off the internet - the peoples voice.
The Internet is a commercial enterprise, "Nicole". The grand old days were before the Internet was even created. I have seen antics which would have made your hair curl. When the commercial world discovered how useful the internet was, it was only a matter of time before government would start to regulate it. Time you woke up, all your days of it being a madhouse of the "peoples' voice" is over and looking further and further gone. Companies are starting to rely on the internet for business and they hate that to be interrupted by the antics of amateurs like yourself and Mr, Tarrant. :roll:

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:26 pm

Mistress Nicole wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:15 pm
brian ross wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:07 pm
billy the kid wrote:
Redneck wrote:
billy the kid wrote:

Relax Brian. As a heterosexual male you’re pretty safe.

You are however, an infidel.
Am I? Yet I am welcome in every Mosque I have visited and in the homes of all the Muslims I know, "Nicole". Even you, as a woman would be welcome.

If you consider honestly how Christianity suggests women be treated and compared it to how Islam suggests women should be treated, I think you'd be rather surprised. All religions are patriarchal in nature. Men unfortunately control a lot of the world and how most societies act. Feminism is only a relatively modern invention - something you appear not to understand. :roll: