Are Jihad and Martyrdom in the Bible?

Sciences, Environmental/Climate issues, Academia and Technical interests
Bogan

Re: Are Jihad and Martyrdom in the Bible?

Post by Bogan » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:51 pm

Brian Ross wrote

Have you ever spoken to a Muslim, ever? Get back to us with the stunning news
I ask you a question, and instead of answering it, you reply with a question. You realised that whenever somebody makes a sweeping generalisation about the attitudes of some minority group that you anti white racists consider need protecting, that your own default comeback has always been .... " How do you know? Have you conducted a poll with every person from (insert protected minority group here) in the world to see if that is their majority view?"

But when I turn the tables and use your own standard retort back on you, you dodge the question. The reason why you dodged it is becaue you do not want your protected minority groups judged in the same way as white people. Prejudging two groups of people by different standards is called "discrimination", Brian. I thought that you opposed that?

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:46 pm

I recollect once the voice of reason referred me to a survey of muslims in Australia, in an attempt to prove
to me that very few muslims actually even attended daily prayers.
His quote suggested that of 100 people surveyed, only a small percentage attended prayers.
He was attempting to prove "most" muslims were moderate and didn't even follow the koran…
When I questioned the small size of his sample as being totally irrelevant, his answer was that it
was sufficient to prove his point...
That was when I pretty much gave up conversing with the "voice of reason"...(his words..not mine)
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:38 pm

Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:40 pm

billy the kid wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:46 pm
I recollect once the voice of reason referred me to a survey of muslims in Australia, in an attempt to prove
His quote suggested that of 100 people surveyed, only a small percentage attended prayers.
He was attempting to prove "most" muslims were moderate and didn't even follow the koran…
When I questioned the small size of his sample as being totally irrelevant, his answer was that it
That was when I pretty much gave up conversing with the "voice of reason"...(his words..not mine)
They don't have to actually "attend" prayer they can be bum up at home/work 5 times a day.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:17 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:40 pm
billy the kid wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:46 pm
They don't have to actually "attend" prayer they can be bum up at home/work 5 times a day.
Provided that they face Mecca .... or something. :D I worked with a Muslim, years ago, nice bloke and we all asked him about his religion, etc. and he was happy to inform us.

Outlaw Yogi

Post by Outlaw Yogi » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:07 pm

An old bloke (7th Day Adventist) across the road didn't pay his land rates (was $800 per year) for 3 years (so $2400 + 11% interest). The council demanded $10k, which he failed to pay, so they auctioned his block off from under him. Once he knew his land was a lost cause he gave his belongings on it away. I got mostly building materials, but in an old (over loaded and falling apart) donga were a heap of books.
I'm not religious, despite at one stage being a meditation instructor in a yogic cult, but do take an interest in religion/s for a historical perspective. From amoungst the books I acquired and old King James bible, the Book of Mormon and the Qu'ran.
I'm yet to read any of them yet (the Qu'ran does have English translations after the Arabic text) but if I do, it'll be so I can put shit on Islam from the source, because I admit to being openly anti-Islamic.
brian ross wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:19 pm
What is interesting is how the Baron always personalises these discussions. "Brian believes this, Brian believes that..." In reality, he has no idea about what I believe or even what I know. If you cannot keep this away from the personal, Baron, I suggest that you bugger off. It's boring. :roll: .
You hypocrite!
Many many times I see your posts making personal criticisms and innuendo at BO.

So if you cannot take your own advice, why don't you piss off?
If Donald Trump is so close to the Ruskis, why couldn't he get Vladimir Putin to put novichok in Xi Jjinping's lipstick?

The Reboot

Post by The Reboot » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:49 pm

Outlaw Yogi wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:07 pm
An old bloke (7th Day Adventist) across the road didn't pay his land rates (was $800 per year) for 3 years (so $2400 + 11% interest). The council demanded $10k, which he failed to pay, so they auctioned his block off from under him. Once he knew his land was a lost cause he gave his belongings on it away. I got mostly building materials, but in an old (over loaded and falling apart) donga were a heap of books.
I'm not religious, despite at one stage being a meditation instructor in a yogic cult, but do take an interest in religion/s for a historical perspective. From amoungst the books I acquired and old King James bible, the Book of Mormon and the Qu'ran.
I'm yet to read any of them yet (the Qu'ran does have English translations after the Arabic text) but if I do, it'll be so I can put shit on Islam from the source, because I admit to being openly anti-Islamic.
brian ross wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:19 pm
What is interesting is how the Baron always personalises these discussions. "Brian believes this, Brian believes that..." In reality, he has no idea about what I believe or even what I know. If you cannot keep this away from the personal, Baron, I suggest that you bugger off. It's boring. :roll: .
You hypocrite!
Many many times I see your posts making personal criticisms and innuendo at BO.

So if you cannot take your own advice, why don't you piss off?
Careful now, you will be accused of the ultimate crime called, "the denigration of Brian Ross". :lol: