Are Jihad and Martyrdom in the Bible?

Sciences, Environmental/Climate issues, Academia and Technical interests
Nom De Plume

Re: Are Jihad and Martyrdom in the Bible?

Post by Nom De Plume » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:17 pm

brian ross wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:57 pm
Nom De Plume wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:15 pm
Psst... hey Baron! Are you a Christian?
Same question to you Brian.
I doubt you'll get a straight answer out of the Baron, Nom. No, I am a lapsed Christian. I had my belief in God beaten out of me by the Brothers. They didn't like my questioning the most basic aspects of Christianity.
I’m not religious either which is why I don’t usually engage in these kind of debates. But I get why you do...Freedom of religious expression... Yes?
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:30 pm

Nom De Plume wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:17 pm
brian ross wrote:
Nom De Plume wrote:
I doubt you'll get a straight answer out of the Baron, Nom. No, I am a lapsed Christian. I had my belief in God beaten out of me by the Brothers. They didn't like my questioning the most basic aspects of Christianity.
I’m not religious either which is why I don’t usually engage in these kind of debates. But I get why you do...Freedom of religious expression... Yes?
At it's most basic level, yes. The overwhelming majority of Muslims are harmless people who do not support Terrorism or Jihad in the military sense. They are IMO unfairly persecuted for the crimes of a minority. Islamophobes do so out of it appears ignorance. They refuse to discuss the issue rationally for the most part, relying upon insults, etc. instead. What is usually forgotten is that Muslims are invariably the victims of Islamists - far more than Westerners. :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:56 pm

brian ross wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:30 pm
Nom De Plume wrote:
brian ross wrote:
Nom De Plume wrote:
At it's most basic level, yes. The overwhelming majority of Muslims are harmless people who do not support Terrorism or Jihad in the military sense. They are IMO unfairly persecuted for the crimes of a minority. Islamophobes do so out of it appears ignorance. They refuse to discuss the issue rationally for the most part, relying upon insults, etc. instead. What is usually forgotten is that Muslims are invariably the victims of Islamists - far more than Westerners. :roll:
Agreed. And like the Jewish faith they don’t preach publicly. But you do on their behalf without consent, implied or not.

I wonder if that is wise... given the conservative nature of the forum

Baronvonrort

Post by Baronvonrort » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:43 pm

brian ross wrote:
Nom De Plume wrote:
brian ross wrote:
Nom De Plume wrote:
I have no religion.

Can a muslim who believes apostates (atheists) blasphemers and homosexuals should be killed as is the law in quite a few Islamic countries be considered harmless?
What about child brides and FGM which is rampant in Islamic countries should we turn a blind eye to that as well?

Jihad is just one of many repulsive aspects of Islam, we go through all this security at airports because muslims flew a few panes into buildings along with the failed attempts to bring planes down with the undie and shoe bomber. If muslims stopped doing Jihad tomorrow it would still be very repulsive belief in having death penalty for atheists, blasphemers and homosexuals along with allowing child brides and FGM.

Islam is a political ideology that governs in many parts of the world, the Saudi constitution says the Quran and Sunnah are the constitution, Iran also governs with Mad Mullahs since the Islamic revolution in 1979. morally bankrupt Islamic apologists like Brian think political Islam should never be criticised. Religious freedom does not extend to allowing any aspects of Sharia law in secular countries.

Brian has shown he cannot even criticise the Islamic death penalty for atheists in numerous Islamic countries which proves he thinks political aspects of islam should be above criticism.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:08 pm

Nom De Plume wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:56 pm
brian ross wrote:
Nom De Plume wrote:
brian ross wrote:
Nom De Plume wrote:
Agreed. And like the Jewish faith they don’t preach publicly. But you do on their behalf without consent, implied or not.
I preach nothing, except tolerance, Nom. I do attempt to convert anybody to any religion. I do not believe people should be allowed to promote hatred on the basis of any belief or disbelief. Be they or their victims be Jewish, Muslim, Christian or Kimbuctooism. If you don't like somebody or something and cannot tolerate it, then I would recommend that you do not belong in Multicultural Australian society.
Perhaps the forum needs a little shaking up, rather than being allowed to wallow it's complacency and persecution? :roll:

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:19 pm

What is interesting is how the Baron always personalises these discussions. "Brian believes this, Brian believes that..." In reality, he has no idea about what I believe or even what I know. If you cannot keep this away from the personal, Baron, I suggest that you bugger off. It's boring. :roll: .

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:41 pm

brian ross wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:08 pm
Nom De Plume wrote:
brian ross wrote:
Nom De Plume wrote:
brian ross wrote:

I preach nothing, except tolerance, Nom. I do attempt to convert anybody to any religion. I do not believe people should be allowed to promote hatred on the basis of any belief or disbelief. Be they or their victims be Jewish, Muslim, Christian or Kimbuctooism. If you don't like somebody or something and cannot tolerate it, then I would recommend that you do not belong in Multicultural Australian society.
Perhaps the forum needs a little shaking up, rather than being allowed to wallow it's complacency and persecution? :roll:
Very well put and I agree with you. Most would agree with you so far. The sticking point always seems to be how much tolerance is expected.

FLEKTARN

Post by FLEKTARN » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:14 am

Brian,

With racists like Nicole who say Australia "is stuffed" and don't need any Eastern Europeans, I always knew Hitlerites to be the dumbest of them all.

Yes, I admire the genius of Hitler, and I also support Nazi Germany on some occasions, like how the French oppressed them heavily with war reparations and they had an enormous hyperinflation and went bankrupt and jobless in 2 years, and then went back on their feet.

I also like how Hitler stood up before the JewUSA and declared war on them and German bullets pierced invading American hearts!

But Hitler, mate, you're a dumb motherfucker, overall speaking. And Nicole is just like you - a racist. Whitesʼ racism on Whites never works. It's dumb as fuck. It's the most stupid, retarded, backward concept.

Saying that other White people are worse than you, and in the same time praising Nogs, I mean, how dumb could one be.
The one that says the least can often have a very different perspective and hold the answer. The least qualified person may hold the most wisdom. When you don’t have knowledge or experience blocking your perspective, you can see problems and solutions.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:38 pm

Nom De Plume wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:41 pm
brian ross wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:08 pm
Nom De Plume wrote:
brian ross wrote:
Nom De Plume wrote:

Very well put and I agree with you. Most would agree with you so far. The sticking point always seems to be how much tolerance is expected.
I think the real sticking point is that Islamophobes make no effort to differentiate between the criminal elements and the much more plentiful, peaceful, law-abiding elements within the Muslim population. They simply declare all Muslims are bad, all Muslims support Terrorist, all Muslims are Terrorists. When I suggest they are overstepping the mark, they get upset and resort to personal insults and suggest I am a Terrorist supporter/sympathiser. I believe I am justified in finding that rather annoying, don't you think, Nom?

Bogan

Post by Bogan » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:53 pm

Brian, the Germans are nice, decent people. The Japanese are nice, decent people. The Russians are nice, decent people. The North Koreans are nice, decent people. But if those nice, decent people are subjects of a totalitarian regime and that regime orders it's nice, decent people to kill you and your family, and take all of your possessions for their greater collective good, then those nice, decent people will do just that.

Nice, decent people have never counted in totalitarian countries or within totalitarian religions. And when the bullets start flying, you have to regard all of those nice, decent people as THE ENEMY and do whatever it takes to stop them committing hostile acts upon you, your family, and your people.

If you can not judge individual Muslims by their group associations then you can not do the same thing for Nazi Germans or KKK members. Muslims, Nazi Germans and KKK members are all simply "groups of people." Groups united as an identifiable group through their general acceptance of the groups core values. What applies to one group must apply to others or you are using double standards to judge different groups of people. Every person with an IQ above 85 can understand that simple concept. The more that you try to apply a different standard to Muslims than you will with Nazis or KKK members, the more bankrupt your logic becomes in the eyes of any impartial reader.

You lefties are losing the debate. And it is because of the contradictions, double standards and bankrupt logic of your unsupportable ideological positions.