Are Jihad and Martyrdom in the Bible?

Sciences, Environmental/Climate issues, Academia and Technical interests
Baronvonrort

Re: Are Jihad and Martyrdom in the Bible?

Post by Baronvonrort » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:30 pm

brian ross wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:38 pm

I think the real sticking point is that Islamophobes make no effort to differentiate between the criminal elements and the much more plentiful, peaceful, law-abiding elements within the Muslim population.
Muslims cannot pick and choose which parts of Islam they follow it's a package deal if they want the rivers of wine and an everlasting erection to service all those houris in that afterlife that sounds like a heavenly brothel.

Allah makes it pretty clear in this verse-
So do you believe in part of the Scripture and disbelieve in part? Then what is the recompense for those who do that among you except disgrace in worldly life; and on the Day of Resurrection they will be sent back to the severest of punishment. And Allah is not unaware of what you do.

https://quran.com/2/85
If muslims are good it's in spite of Islam not because of Islam.

Who are the munafiqs (hypocrites) in the Quran Brian is it those who think they can pick and choose what parts to believe in, does allah say it's off to the hellfire for them so he can burn their skin off then replace it so he can burn it off again, this allah sounds like a real sadist.

Baronvonrort

Post by Baronvonrort » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:34 pm

What sort of God demands 20% of all war booty?
Allah speaking-

And know that anything you obtain of war booty - then indeed, for Allah is one fifth of it and for the Messenger and for [his] near relatives and the orphans, the needy, and the [stranded] traveler, if you have believed in Allah and in that which We sent down to Our Servant on the day of criterion - the day when the two armies met. And Allah, over all things, is competent.

https://quran.com/8/41

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:07 pm

What the Bible has to say about Martydom:

Matthew 10:21
"Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; and children will rise up against parents and cause them to be put to death.

Matthew 24:9
"Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name.

John 16:2
"They will make you outcasts from the synagogue, but an hour is coming for everyone who kills you to think that he is offering service to God.

Matthew 10:28
"Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Revelation 2:10
'Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to cast some of you into prison, so that you will be tested, and you will have tribulation for ten days Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.

Matthew 16:24-25
Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. "For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.

Acts 21:13
Then Paul answered, "What are you doing, weeping and breaking my heart? For I am ready not only to be bound, but even to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus."

Hebrews 12:4
You have not yet resisted to the point of shedding blood in your striving against sin;

Revelation 6:11
And there was given to each of them a white robe; and they were told that they should rest for a little while longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brethren who were to be killed even as they had been, would be completed also.

Revelation 17:6
And I saw the woman drunk with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus. When I saw her, I wondered greatly.

Revelation 18:24
"And in her was found the blood of prophets and of saints and of all who have been slain on the earth."
Luke 11:50-51

so that the blood of all the prophets, shed since the foundation of the world, may be charged against this generation, from the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah, who was killed between the altar and the house of God; yes, I tell you, it shall be charged against this generation.'
Revelation 18:20-24

"Rejoice over her, O heaven, and you saints and apostles and prophets, because God has pronounced judgment for you against her." Then a strong angel took up a stone like a great millstone and threw it into the sea, saying, "So will Babylon, the great city, be thrown down with violence, and will not be found any longer. "And the sound of harpists and musicians and flute-players and trumpeters will not be heard in you any longer; and no craftsman of any craft will be found in you any longer; and the sound of a mill will not be heard in you any longer;read more.

2 Chronicles 24:21
So they conspired against him and at the command of the king they stoned him to death in the court of the house of the LORD.

Mark 6:27
Immediately the king sent an executioner and commanded him to bring back his head. And he went and had him beheaded in the prison,

Luke 11:51
from the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah, who was killed between the altar and the house of God; yes, I tell you, it shall be charged against this generation.'

Acts 7:58
When they had driven him out of the city, they began stoning him; and the witnesses laid aside their robes at the feet of a young man named Saul.

Acts 12:2
And he had James the brother of John put to death with a sword.

Hebrews 11:37
They were stoned, they were sawn in two, they were tempted, they were put to death with the sword; they went about in sheepskins, in goatskins, being destitute, afflicted, ill-treated

Revelation 6:9
When the Lamb broke the fifth seal, I saw underneath the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God, and because of the testimony which they had maintained;
[Source]
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Bogan

Post by Bogan » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:44 am

Brian, post up any quote from the Bible where God or Jesus instructs Christians to kill, crucify, mutilate, decapitate, or humiliate, non Christians.

Bogan

Post by Bogan » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:45 am

Or terrorise them. I (forgot that one)

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:53 pm

It is easy to quote quotes out of context, Bogan. The Bible is full of contradictory quotes, just as the Qu'ran is. I can quote quotes until I am blue in the face and it will not sway your views one iota. Indeed, you'd make a good Madrassah candidate with your attitudes towards all non-believers and apostates to your way of thinking. Your religion is facism and your writ is holy and always has been and always will be.

How about this?

1 Samuel 15:3
Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.
Psalm 137:9
Happy is the one who seizes your infants
and dashes them against the rocks.
:roll:

Baronvonrort

Post by Baronvonrort » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:06 pm

brian ross wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:53 pm
The Bible is full of contradictory quotes, just as the Qu'ran is.
If you knew any muslims they will tell you there are no contradictions in the Quran.

If you read the fine print the Quran says it isn't from Allah.
Allah speaking-

Then do they not reflect upon the Qur'an? If it had been from [any] other than Allah, they would have found within it much contradiction.

https://quran.com/4/82

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:04 pm

Baronvonrort wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:06 pm
brian ross wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:53 pm
The Bible is full of contradictory quotes, just as the Qu'ran is.
If you knew any muslims they will tell you there are no contradictions in the Quran.
I know Muslims. Do you, Baron?

What Muslims say publically and what they say privately are two different things, just as they are for Christians.

You seem to think all Muslims are like the Borg. Such a silly idea. Tsk, tsk. :roll:

Bogan

Post by Bogan » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:41 pm

Brian Ross wrote

You seem to think all Muslims are like the Borg. Such a silly idea. Tsk, tsk
How do you know, Brian? Have you conducted a poll with every Muslim on earth knowwhat they believe?

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:51 pm

Bogan wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:41 pm
Brian Ross wrote

You seem to think all Muslims are like the Borg. Such a silly idea. Tsk, tsk
How do you know, Brian? Have you conducted a poll with every Muslim on earth knowwhat they believe?
Have you ever spoken to a Muslim, ever? Get back to us with the stunning news... :roll: :roll: