The fight for Kashmir

Sciences, Environmental/Climate issues, Academia and Technical interests
Black Orchid

The fight for Kashmir

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:21 pm

India's crackdown on protests and dissent in Kashmir will drive more of the world's Muslims into extremism, Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan said during a fiery speech on Friday, in the part of the disputed territory administered by Pakistan.

India revoked the special status of its portion of Kashmir, known as Jammu and Kashmir, on Aug. 5 and moved to quell unrest by clamping down on communications and freedom of movement. Authorities in Indian Kashmir have arrested nearly 4,000 people since then, government data seen by Reuters showed.

"When atrocities get to their peak, people would prefer that death is better than this insulting life," Khan said at a rally of several thousand people in Muzaffarabad, the capital of Azad Kashmir.

"I want to tell India that, by detaining thousands of people, you are pushing people into extremism," he said.

"People will rise against India, and it is not just about Indian Muslims, there are 1.25 billion Muslims around the world. They all are watching this."

Khan said he would attend the United Nations General Assembly in New York next week to defend Kashmiris' cause.

He urged people in Azad Kashmir not to approach the Line of Control that separates it from Indian-controlled Kashmir, but to wait for him to press their case in New York.

On Tuesday, Pakistan's foreign minister told the United Nations human rights forum that India's military presence in Kashmir raised the specter of genocide.

The Delhi government has said its abolition of Kashmir's special status, which had allowed it to write many of its own laws, is meant to help to combat terrorism and to boost the region's economic development.

About two-thirds of the population of Jammu and Kashmir is Muslim, while India has an overall Hindu majority.

India rules the heavily populated Kashmir Valley and the Hindu-dominated region around Jammu city, while Pakistan controls a wedge of territory in the west. China holds a thinly populated high-altitude area in the north.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/pakistani-pm ... 06408.html

Both India and Pakistan are nuclear capable and both have refused to sign the Treaty on Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT) which has been signed by 190 other nations.

Both are as mad as cut snakes and both have unresolved tensions and are openly hostile with each other. Pakistan is rife with militant muslim groups and is a haven for terrorists. India is talking about pre-emptive strikes and Khan is inciting muslim terrorism.

Meanwhile the fat little twat with the bad hair in NK holds them up as exemplary nuclear examples.

brian ross

Re: The fight for Kashmir

Post by brian ross » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:21 pm

It is easy to condemn Pakistan and India for their nuclear stances. Neither is guilt free about nuclear matters. However, there is a good point they make about the NPT (Non-Proliferation Treaty) - it was designed from the outset to limit non-proliferation and supposedly to promote disarmament. It has been moderately successful at the former but an abject failure at the latter - not one nuclear signatory to the treaty has made any effort to renounce nuclear weapons. Indeed, only South Africa has renounced nuclear weapons and it wasn't even an original signatory to the treaty!

India and Pakistan are serious about their nuclear weapons. The Indians were more prepared than the Pakistanis because they conducted their first test back in 1974 and then did nothing until the loonies of the BJP came to power. Their attitude was that their first test was to prove they could build nuclear power systems, they made no nuclear weapons. The BJP however are a bunch of Hindu nationalists who declared they would build nuclear weapons after they undertook tests in 1998. Pakistan followed the Indian tests. So, perhaps the people whom should have the fingers pointed at them are the BJP. They decided to move into the Nuclear Weapons club. The Pakistanis responded in kind. Both now face each other nuclear weapons. It has created a more stable sort of relationship between the two Governments.
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:29 pm

I think you have it the wrong way around. India's first nuclear test was in 1974 code named Smiling Buddha whilst I don't believe Pakistan did their first tests until 1998.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:22 pm

There is only one Kashmir

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfR_HWMzgyc[/youtube]
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:24 pm

Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:47 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:29 pm
I think you have it the wrong way around. India's first nuclear test was in 1974 code named Smiling Buddha whilst I don't believe Pakistan did their first tests until 1998.
Appears you need to learn to read what is written, Black Orchid. What is difficult about this sentence, which I am quoting from my post?
The Indians were more prepared than the Pakistanis because they conducted their first test back in 1974 and then did nothing until the loonies of the BJP came to power.
Who conducted their first test? The Indians. Thank you for confirming what I had written, Black Orchid.

How is that soup going, BTW? :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Bogan

Post by Bogan » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:27 am

Hey Brian, could you get back on the "races are equal" thread so that I can continue to kick your arse?