Does Surveillance Make Us Morally Better?

Self evident. Any special interest matter can be raised here, including current affairs which might not suit either of the Politics Forums.
sprintcyclist

Re: Does Surveillance Make Us Morally Better?

Post by sprintcyclist » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:00 pm

Texan wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:10 am
I'm not a fan of public traffic cameras, facial recognition, and 24/7 public scrutiny by camera, but an army of private citizens offering their footage up after a crime is an awesome thing.

A couple of years ago, we had a crime spree where over 50 car windows were shot out in one night with a BB pistol. They shoot small metal ball bearings with air pressure. It's a kid's toy here, although they have received a lot of scrutiny lately because of crimes like this. My parents were one of their victims. They turned over their home security camera footage over to the police who gave it to the local news. The footage identified the car used in the crime and revealed the face of the shooter. Someone turned them in and they were busted for shooting out all of the windows. The video of the drive by was from when they shot my mom's van. Dad has upgraded his cameras to get license plates from cars and now the police come to my parents for time stamped video of people fleeing the neighborhood after a crime in the area.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaPworEY ... go[youtube][/youtube]
good work from your parents
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.