When You Defend So-Called Biological Sex, You Sound Scientifically Ignorant

Self evident. Any special interest matter can be raised here, including current affairs which might not suit either of the Politics Forums.
Black Orchid

When You Defend So-Called Biological Sex, You Sound Scientifically Ignorant

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:03 pm

“Star Trek” actor and noted LGBT activist George Takei issued a veiled swipe at author J.K. Rowling this week when he said that those who defend “so-called biological sex” are actually scientifically ignorant.

“When you defend so-called ‘biological sex,’ you sound scientifically ignorant and you elevate transphobia,” the actor tweeted.

While becoming a social media star throughout the past decade, George Takei has issued multiple incendiary, far-left statements. During the controversy over standing for the National Anthem, the actor compared it to North Korea, prompting severe backlash online.

“You know where citizens are required to stand for the National Anthem? North Korea,” he tweeted at the time.

In 2017, during the height of the #MeToo movement, Takei came under fire when an interview surfaced of him on “The Howard Stern Show” appearing to brag about grabbing skittish men by the crotch. He later apologized, saying he liked to portray a type of raunchy grandpa when appearing on the shock-jock’s show.

Though Takei did not mention Rowling by name, his tweet came out on the same day that the “Harry Potter” author released a heartfelt essay about her experiences as a woman, arguing that the concept of men becoming women erases womanhood entirely.

“It isn’t enough for women to be trans allies,” she wrote. “Women must accept and admit that there is no material difference between trans women and themselves. But, as many women have said before me, ‘woman’ is not a costume. ‘Woman’ is not an idea in a man’s head. ‘Woman’ is not a pink brain, a liking for Jimmy Choos or any of the other sexist ideas now somehow touted as progressive.”

Rowling’s essay came in response to another wave of the controversy she created last weekend when she essentially said that the concept of transgenderism erases the struggles of women across the world.

“If sex isn’t real, there’s no same-sex attraction,” Rowling tweeted, as reported by Fox News. “If sex isn’t real, the lived reality of women globally is erased. I know and love trans people, but erasing the concept of sex removes the ability of many to meaningfully discuss their lives. It isn’t hate to speak the truth.”

“The idea that women like me, who’ve been empathetic to trans people for decades, feeling kinship because they’re vulnerable in the same way as women – ie, to male violence – ‘hate’ trans people because they think sex is real and has lived consequences – is a nonsense,” she continued.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/george-t ... y-ignorant

I know someone who would totally agree with 'Ensign Sulu' and say trans people have "overcome evolution" :rofl

Seriously though this all started when J.K. Rowlings drew attention to the fact that "people" don't menstruate. Women do! You can't slip into a dress, with or without surgery, don a wig and some makeup, choke down a few hormones and pretend you can menstruate.

She was accused of being anti-trans and transphobic, even after supporting these people for years, and they turned on her. Ohhh sounds familiar again lol. Think or be whoever you want to be but don't tell me I'm ignorant for saying only women can menstruate because it's not scientifically ignorant ... it's the truth!. It beats me why 'men' would even want to! Image

This is being "woke". Ahhh give me a break! :roll:

Texan

Re: When You Defend So-Called Biological Sex, You Sound Scientifically Ignorant

Post by Texan » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:29 pm

Did Georgie have 2 mothers or 2 fathers.?