The bullshit thread

Discuss any News, Current Events, Crimes
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
billy the kid

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by billy the kid » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:11 pm

I am totally shocked and stunned at the Channel Seven news tonite….staggered....

They have advised in prime time news...wait for it....your grass grows during winter....
They are just so dedicated in bringing us the news as it happens...
Your grass grows during winter....
And what you need to do is...wait for it.....mow your grass....
This is fkn news is it...….

And as an encore...wait for it....
Someone has created an app for us to find a mate for your pet dog....
Riveting stuff....well done Channel Seven....

Don't forget to mow your grass this winter folks....

Fkn unbelievable....bullshit at its best...the nanny state at its best...
Also folks, don't drive for too long without stopping for a rest...
And don't drive too fast on wet roads folks....
And don't forget dont use your phone whilst driving...
Dumbing down the population......riveting stuff...…

How does this pass as news...please someone...abolish this crap....
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:32 pm

I must have missed all of that or maybe it's just Queensland's 'special news' :lol:

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:56 pm

Yep Qld news...we're still learning up here how to differentiate between "news" and crap.....
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire

Valkie

Post by Valkie » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:11 am

its totally stupid.

Next thing you know, and I know this sounds absolutely impossible.

You can be any sex you want.

Imagine someone stupid enough to say that.

I mean, what sort of a nut job could even envisage a statement like that?

Loony bin central, no one in their right mind could ever think of anything like that.

The only thing more stupid would be to say there were, oh I don't know, several different genders.
OMG what sort of a loony toons could think up that stuff?
I have a dream
A world free from the plague of Islam
A world that has never known the horrors of the cult of death.
My hope is that in time, Islam will be nothing but a bad dream

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:49 am

Valkie wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:11 am
its totally stupid.

Next thing you know, and I know this sounds absolutely impossible.

You can be any sex you want.

Imagine someone stupid enough to say that.

I mean, what sort of a nut job could even envisage a statement like that?

Loony bin central, no one in their right mind could ever think of anything like that.

The only thing more stupid would be to say there were, oh I don't know, several different genders.
OMG what sort of a loony toons could think up that stuff?
:thumb

Texan

Post by Texan » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:21 am

Woe is me. I won't be able to eat for about 36 hours starting at midnight tonight. I'm having a colonoscopy Friday morning. It's a routine thing, but it's my first. I'm more upset about the fasting than the procedure. I'll be knocked out. How often do Aussies get this done and at what age do they start?

The only reason I feel comfortable enough to bring this up is because I'm anonymous and on the other side of the World.

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:27 am

Texan wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:21 am
Woe is me. I won't be able to eat for about 36 hours starting at midnight tonight. I'm having a colonoscopy Friday morning. It's a routine thing, but it's my first. I'm more upset about the fasting than the procedure. I'll be knocked out. How often do Aussies get this done and at what age do they start?

The only reason I feel comfortable enough to bring this up is because I'm anonymous and on the other side of the World.
Do I detect a note of American condescension...that wouldnt happen now would it.... :rofl

Texan

Post by Texan » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:36 am

billy the kid wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:27 am
Texan wrote:

Do I detect a note of American condescension...that wouldnt happen now would it.... :rofl
Not at all. I'm just curious if Aussies go through the same screening we do for colon cancer. We typically start at 50 to get colonoscopies.

I'm more comfortable with my anonymity and almost nil chance that I will ever meet any of you.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:48 am

Texan wrote:

It is PAINLESS ... except for the "preparation" part (drinking all that horrible preparation stuff and the "runs") ... yuck! You won't feel a thing with the actual colonoscopy. :mrgreen:

Ours start at 50 too ...

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:22 pm

Texan wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:36 am
billy the kid wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:27 am
Texan wrote:

Not at all. I'm just curious if Aussies go through the same screening we do for colon cancer. We typically start at 50 to get colonoscopies.

I'm more comfortable with my anonymity and almost nil chance that I will ever meet any of you.
Im at a loss to understand why your discussion on a colonoscopy procedure appears on a thread highlighting
the bullshit that we are served in Australia...
We are served with a daily dose of bullshit by our media and they pass it off as news.
This thread is merely to highlight that bullshit..whether it be expert advice to let us know that our grass
grows in winter and we need to mow it...passed off as "news".... or if a building passed by licensed building "inspectors"
in Mascot is cracking at the seams....etc etc...
As far as colonoscopies go...once again we are conned by our government as they send out bowel cancer test kits
for everyone over a certain age...we do the test...we rush in and hand the test in...and surprise surprise..the test comes back
positive...we rush in and have a colonoscopy thinking the worst..and guess what...its only diverticulosis..
The government pats itself on the back as they always do ...we are looking after the peasants.........but in reality its only a method of stimulating the economy/medical profession....
Whilst I believe that periodical colon cancer testing should be done...I disagree with the ridiculous cost of mailing out
colon cancer testing to everyone....and the need to stimulate use of the medical profession..
Am I being cynical...probably...do I trust our government....no....