Re: Bankrupt Victoria - Labor can't manage money

Discuss any News, Current Events, Crimes
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu May 09, 2024 6:43 pm

I don't think Charlie or William will dump Australia and they don't look after us anyway lol.

It should be law that all of these immigrants the politicians keep cramming in here can only be housed in the red centre. The coast is FULL. Most of them come from similar environments anyway.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Thu May 09, 2024 6:47 pm

Jasin wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 4:19 pm
Landlords love it. They have people paying $200 for just a bed in a shared room in a house that has been made boarded up into many rooms bar kitchen and toilets. ALP and Albanese are depreciating the quality of life in this country and inducing 'mass poverty' to exploit.
The ALP and Albanese are out of control and THERE IS NOTHING THAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT IT. It will only continue and get worse, regardless if the NLP get in next election. Damage is done. The World is pressuring Australia to 'carry the load' of an over-populated world and many nations are making sure Australia will begin to take the majority of such people - being a 'New World'. Expect Australia's population to explode within the next 10 years and beyond.

...King Charles will hand over to William soon and King William will say "We're not going to look after 'everyone else' (other than British born) in Australia!" and remove the Union Jack from off the Australian Flag and all 'Royal' titles from Government offices, etc. Britain/UK will 'dump' Australia in all aspects culturally. Australia will be a case of 'everyone for themselves!'. Running to the USA will just make things worse here.
I fear - Australia will become a violent place indeed. Safest bet is to move to New Zealand or Tasmania at least.

Canada / Tasmania
USA / Australia
Mexico / PNG

Trust me. Things will NOT get better in this country.

I hear NZ is getting pretty bad too especially in Auckland.

It's a common problem all around the Western World:
UK,
Canada,
USA,
Europe.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Thu May 09, 2024 6:49 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 6:43 pm
I don't think Charlie or William will dump Australia and they don't look after us anyway lol.

It should be law that all of these immigrants the politicians keep cramming in here can only be housed in the red centre. The coast is FULL. Most of them come from similar environments anyway.
Yes - we could start a new city called New Calcutta
complete with open sewers, no running water and homes built from roofing iron.

Calcutta slum:
https://fotservis.typepad.com/photos/mo ... slums.html

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Thu May 09, 2024 8:36 pm

And where does a lot of the money go?

Public servants:

https://www.spectator.com.au/2021/11/no ... r-was-won/

It is pay walled, so here's the important bits.

"Without the slightest hint of irony, the Australian Bureau of Statistics yesterday released the latest Employment and Earnings, Public Sector data for Australia. On the eleventh day of the eleventh month, Australians learned about how many people work for our bureaucratic leviathan."

"In the 12 months to end June 2021, the number of public sector employees across the three levels of Australian (Commonwealth, State and Local) government increased by 3% to 2.1 million. Yes. In a country where the working age population is 12.5 million,
2.1 million people work for the government. One in six people."

and finally, a dig at Victoria ..
"But Victorians should fret not. Its public sector had a great pandemic.
Victorian public sector total wages and salaries increased by 9% reflecting both increased costs and an extra 19,000 public servants. This compared very well with a national (State and Territory) wages and salaries increase of 5%.
Did the Victorian economy grow by 9%? No. Did the Victorian population grow by 9%? No. But the cost of the Victorian public sector grew that much. So many achievements for the Andrews government to be proud of in addition to the world’s longest citizen lockdown (or was that lock up?)."

Jasin

Post by Jasin » Fri May 10, 2024 8:23 am

Hence why I live as far from Sydney and Melbourne as I can be. They have literally become Turd Factories. Both have become very 'over-populated' and 'over-priced'. You pay double the price for mince through the grinder that now has double the fat content. Both cities have become Stress-Cities.

To throw so many people from socio-independent cultures together in shemozzle-like conditions not only leads to the stress trying to adapt to 'all the others', but the failures to do so as well.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Fri May 10, 2024 8:40 am

Jasin wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 8:23 am
Hence why I live as far from Sydney and Melbourne as I can be. They have literally become Turd Factories. Both have become very 'over-populated' and 'over-priced'. You pay double the price for mince through the grinder that now has double the fat content. Both cities have become Stress-Cities.

To throw so many people from socio-independent cultures together in shemozzle-like conditions not only leads to the stress trying to adapt to 'all the others', but the failures to do so as well.
Why Australia’s Housing Crisis Is a Warning for the World

Jasin

Post by Jasin » Fri May 10, 2024 9:04 am

Great clip. I could see this a long time ago and that's one of the reasons why I left. Wasn't going to waste my money on a place that wasn't worth its prices. Would you pay double on a bomb of a car, when you can move to the country and pay less for a brand new one?

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Fri May 10, 2024 9:24 am

Jasin wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 9:04 am
Great clip. I could see this a long time ago and that's one of the reasons why I left. Wasn't going to waste my money on a place that wasn't worth its prices. Would you pay double on a bomb of a car, when you can move to the country and pay less for a brand new one?
Yes - more here:

Jasin

Post by Jasin » Fri May 10, 2024 9:28 am

This country has gone insane from the Politico-Media standpoint of cultural interaction.

I don't know how you and BO and the others can afford to live in 'savage cities'?

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Fri May 10, 2024 9:40 am

Jasin wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 9:28 am
This country has gone insane from the Politico-Media standpoint of cultural interaction.

I don't know how you and BO and the others can afford to live in 'savage cities'?
Simple - I sold my house - rented for a while then downsized to a Unit -
I bought a Unit.
I don't have lawns to mow - only a tiny garden - I like it that way.
I'm close to all my friends and the supermarkets, shopping centers and medical places - dentist etc. :)