The bullshit thread

Discuss any News, Current Events, Crimes
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
Black Orchid

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:16 pm

Texan wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:36 am
billy the kid wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:27 am
Texan wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:21 am
Woe is me. I won't be able to eat for about 36 hours starting at midnight tonight. I'm having a colonoscopy Friday morning. It's a routine thing, but it's my first. I'm more upset about the fasting than the procedure. I'll be knocked out. How often do Aussies get this done and at what age do they start?

The only reason I feel comfortable enough to bring this up is because I'm anonymous and on the other side of the World.
Do I detect a note of American condescension...that wouldnt happen now would it.... :rofl
Not at all. I'm just curious if Aussies go through the same screening we do for colon cancer. We typically start at 50 to get colonoscopies.

I'm more comfortable with my anonymity and almost nil chance that I will ever meet any of you.
I sense more apprehension than condescension. Don't mind Billy he gets a bit excitable.

But like Nef said, the worst thing is actually drinking the preparation, it's foul, and 36 hours of fasting seems extreme. You only have to fast for about 18 hours here.

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:24 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:16 pm
Texan wrote:
billy the kid wrote:
Texan wrote:
Woe is me. I won't be able to eat for about 36 hours starting at midnight tonight. I'm having a colonoscopy Friday morning. It's a routine thing, but it's my first. I'm more upset about the fasting than the procedure. I'll be knocked out. How often do Aussies get this done and at what age do they start?

The only reason I feel comfortable enough to bring this up is because I'm anonymous and on the other side of the World.
Do I detect a note of American condescension...that wouldnt happen now would it.... :rofl
Not at all. I'm just curious if Aussies go through the same screening we do for colon cancer. We typically start at 50 to get colonoscopies.

I'm more comfortable with my anonymity and almost nil chance that I will ever meet any of you.
I sense more apprehension than condescension. Don't mind Billy he gets a bit excitable.

But like Nef said, the worst thing is actually drinking the preparation, it's foul, and 36 hours of fasting seems extreme. You only have to fast for about 18 hours here.
:thumb
Impetuosity is my weakness......
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

Texan

Post by Texan » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:18 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Texan wrote:
billy the kid wrote:
Texan wrote:

I think I misunderstood the intention of this thread. In America, bullshitting can mean idle talk or tall tales. I didn’t see tall tales going on and the discussion was all over the place, so I assumed the topic was open.

My apologies. I wasn’t trying to make light of your topic. Carry on.

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:04 pm

Texan wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:18 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Texan wrote:
billy the kid wrote:
Texan wrote:

I think I misunderstood the intention of this thread. In America, bullshitting can mean idle talk or tall tales. I didn’t see tall tales going on and the discussion was all over the place, so I assumed the topic was open.

My apologies. I wasn’t trying to make light of your topic. Carry on.
:thumb
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire

Valkie

Post by Valkie » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:01 pm

Texan wrote:

I have had three of the things
The first when my bowel scan came up with 3 positives.
They turned out to be polopps, sometimes a precursor to cancer, but generally harmless

The second was when my bowel split after a serious bout of food poisoning
They wanted to be sure that it wasn't cancer. It wasn't.

The last, was a follow up on the first.
Again, no problems.

Now.....
The actual ok and afterward is nothing, zip, completely painless and discomfort free.
Even the removal of the pollops gave me no issues at all.

But......
The damnn prep is horrible.
Drinking that liquid, very salty and tastes like crap, in the quantity and timeframe is really nasty.

And of course, the result of drinking that stuff.
Always be sure the toilet is readily available for the day, you will need it.

Then it's just liquids for a day or so before the op.

My wife has to have one very 3 to 5 years, bowel cancer in her family.
She struggles with the drink, she throws it up.
We have to have 2 lots, just so we get enough of it through her.

But the main thing is not to worry.
Caught early, this is the single most survivable cancer even if you do have it.
And the doctor told me that only one in 50 or so are cancer, the rest are other things

Take it easy mate
Post how you go
All the best
I have a dream
A world free from the plague of Islam
A world that has never known the horrors of the cult of death.
My hope is that in time, Islam will be nothing but a bad dream

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:57 am

Can someone sort this bullshit out for me please.

Trump withdrew from the ATT (Arms Trade Treaty) with Iran...
Australia and China support the ATT
Australia and the US continue to sell weapons to Saudi Arabia..
"Arms sales to Saudi Arabia have been suspended by Germany, Finland, Norway, the Netherlands and Denmark, and condemned by the UK House of Lords and the US Congress. The UK High Court last week found UK sales of weapons to Saudi Arabia were illegal, given the Saudi record on human rights. Despite this growing boycott, and despite being a signatory to the Arms Trade Treaty, Australia also continues to sell weapons to the Saudis.
In other major treaty withdrawals, the US has also withdrawn from the Intermediate-range Nuclear Forces Treaty, the UN Human Rights Council, and is seriously considering withdrawing its signature from the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty. Recently the director of the Defense Intelligence Agency declared at a public forum that the "United States believes that Russia probably is not adhering to its nuclear testing moratorium..despite no credible evidence. Walking away from the test ban treaty would remove constraints on the resumption of nuclear testing by others far more than on the United States."

The ANZUS Alliance does not require us to attack Iran.

Will Australia be dragged into another war as an ally of the USA...

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... r-on-iran/

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:50 pm

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06-23/ ... y/11222606

I wonder who's paying for this....
I suppose if we can lease part of Australia to China...we might as well lease a bit more to the USA...
Maybe give a few more hectares to the indigenous...maybe give a few hectares to immigrants...
maybe a few more hectares to the muslims...maybe lease a few more Cubbie Stations to the Japanese/Chinese..
Yeah...whatever...give it all away.....we dont want it....

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:05 pm

Maybe the Americans will pay for it, but why should they? The NT Government should be made liable for the cost even if it takes forever. How they could get away with selling Darwin Port without the knowledge of the Federal Government and the ADF is beyond understanding.

The measly $505 million they received is all spent and gone with 96 years to go on the 'lease'. They should all be shot up there or jailed for treason.

$506 million dollars for 'leasing' a port for 99 years to potential future enemies and jeopardising the security of 25 million Australians is well beyond STUPID!

It should not be necessary but, as things stand because of their stupidity, I am all for the new port.

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:25 pm

https://www.news.com.au/finance/economy ... 10f0c2d94e
All Australian States are stony broke....they just dont tell us..."keep them in the dark and feed them bullshit"

FLEKTARN

Post by FLEKTARN » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:57 am

Grown men talking about their asses and liquids in their bums....what can go wrong. The world is truly a fucked up place.
The one that says the least can often have a very different perspective and hold the answer. The least qualified person may hold the most wisdom. When you don’t have knowledge or experience blocking your perspective, you can see problems and solutions.