Madeleine McCann

Discuss any News, Current Events and Crime topics here
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
Black Orchid

Madeleine McCann

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:31 am

A German prisoner has been identified as a suspect in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann by British police.

The 43-year-old German national is known to have been in and around Praia da Luz on Portugal's Algarve coast at the time Madeleine vanished on May 3, 2007.

She had been on holiday with her parents Kate and Gerry McCann and her twin siblings Sean and Amelie.

A half-hour phone call was made to the German man's Portuguese mobile phone around an hour before Madeleine is believed to have gone missing.

The suspect, who is in prison in Germany for an unrelated matter, has been linked to a camper van that was pictured in the Algarve in 2007.

Scotland Yard said he was driving the vehicle in the Praia da Luz area in the days before Madeleine's disappearance.

He has also been linked to a 1993 Jaguar XJR6 with a German number plate seen in Praia da Luz and surrounding areas in 2006 and 2007.
https://www.9news.com.au/world/madelein ... 9077cd1af9

Sounds flimsy so I can only assume there is a lot more to it. I wonder if they will ever solve this? Too much shoddy police work in Portugal when it happened.

Shocking thing to happen but I would NEVER leave my kids alone whilst I went out. Not ever! It was a careless thing to do especially in a foreign country and they paid a shocking price.

Neferti

Re: Madeleine McCann

Post by Neferti » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:01 am

The parents should never have left those kids in a room by themselves and gone off for "dinner". There were babysitters available. Stupid people and they have been regretting it ever since and will do so for the rest if their lives. I doubt it will ever be solved.

Gordon

Post by Gordon » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:16 pm

They also had twin 2 year olds they left alone.

I wouldn't even want babysitters to look after kids that age.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:25 pm

It was irresponsible parenting and the paid the ultimate price.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:59 pm

German police have written to Kate and Gerry McCann to tell them their daughter Madeleine, who went missing in May 2007, was murdered.

Hans Christian Wolters, who is leading the case against convicted rapist Christian Brueckner, said he couldn’t share key evidence with Scotland Yard officers or police in Portugal over fears it could jeopardise the inquiry into the suspect.

“I sympathise with the parents but if we reveal more details to them it might jeopardise the investigation,” he said yesterday.

“We have concrete evidence that our suspect has killed Madeleine and this means she is dead. The parents have been told the German police have evidence that she is dead but we (have) not told them the details.”
https://www.news.com.au/world/europe/ma ... 7eae680f70