The World of the Politically Correct

Discuss any News, Current Events, Crimes
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
Black Orchid

The World of the Politically Correct

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:32 pm

This is where 'gender studies' leads. The last train to loonsville.
Writing for The New York Times, Professor Daniel Pollack-Pelzner – a gender studies professor at Linfield College, Oregon – sharply criticises the scene where Mary Poppins joins Dick Van Dyke’s chimneysweep Bert to dance on a rooftop. The pair both get covered in soot as the dance number “Step in Time” is performed.

Pollack-Pelzner says that, while the scene may be comic, the author of the Mary Poppins books, PL Travers, often associated chimney sweeps’ blackened faces with racial caricatures.
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-ente ... l3cX6XipSU

This article was in 2019 but Mary Poppins in blackface? Give me a break! Suffering from Poppinsophobia no doubt.

Black Orchid

Re: The World of the Politically Correct

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:20 pm

Redskins and Chicos are about to bite the dust!

Black Widow hasn't even been released yet and the snowflakes are calling for it to be banned because they reckon it fat shames people. God give me strength.

What a bunch of pansies.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:13 am

It's becoming ridiculous!

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:56 pm

Former Australian chess representative John Adams has slammed the ABC for organising a radio segment discussing whether the popular board game is racist.

Professional economist Adams received a call from a Sydney-based ABC producer on Tuesday asking whether the game was racist because white always moves first.

“I just received a phone call from an ABC Sydney based producer seeking a comment about the game of chess,” Adams posted to Twitter.

The ABC have taken the view that chess is RACIST given that white always go first!

“They are seeking comment from a chess official as to whether the rules of chess need to be altered!

“Trust the taxpayer-funded national broadcaster to apply ideological Marxist frameworks to anything and everything in Australia!

“With all the drama resulting from COVID-19, I am amazed that the ABC is broadcasting on irrelevant topics!”
https://www.news.com.au/sport/more-spor ... 5f4d9fff48

Now Chess is racist? Good onya Ita! :roll:

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:26 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:56 pm
Former Australian chess representative John Adams has slammed the ABC for organising a radio segment discussing whether the popular board game is racist.

Professional economist Adams received a call from a Sydney-based ABC producer on Tuesday asking whether the game was racist because white always moves first.

“I just received a phone call from an ABC Sydney based producer seeking a comment about the game of chess,” Adams posted to Twitter.

The ABC have taken the view that chess is RACIST given that white always go first!

“They are seeking comment from a chess official as to whether the rules of chess need to be altered!

“Trust the taxpayer-funded national broadcaster to apply ideological Marxist frameworks to anything and everything in Australia!

“With all the drama resulting from COVID-19, I am amazed that the ABC is broadcasting on irrelevant topics!”
https://www.news.com.au/sport/more-spor ... 5f4d9fff48

Now Chess is racist? Good onya Ita! :roll:
I do not fkn believe it...……….
But coming from stupid Ita….yes I do...…..
I suppose if the player playing white will be called racist....
What if the player playing black turns the board around and plays the white pieces....
Is he/she now a racist because he/she rejected the use of the black pieces...…
FFS...…
We are all just "pawns" in this ludicrous fiasco....
Blackjack will be next....change that name...
Roulette will be also under the spotlight with black and white sections on the wheel...
Probably have to be changed to blue and green.....
Get rid of playing cards with black spades and clubs.....change them to...umm.....purple....
They've all gone mad..... :WTF
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

DreamRyder

Post by DreamRyder » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:24 am

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I will be taking my own personal approach. Any time I'm aware that what I say or do might be construed as "Politically Incorrect", I will be purposely taking the Politically Incorrect route, whatever the price, unless it is...in my mind...an outright hurtful slap in someones face....something that goes far beyond them experiencing a perceived 'being offended'.

To me there is nothing more important in being Free, & enjoying Liberty, than exercising the Freedom of Free Speech/Freedom of Expression.....everything is hinged on that.

.............Image

..............Arguing with people who have lost all sense of reason is like administering medicine to the dead