Vaping Petition

Discuss any News, Current Events, Crimes
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
cods

Re: Vaping Petition

Post by cods » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:36 am

what exactly is the problem with vaping?...

they claim its better than smoking but I get there is a BUT
so what harm does it do to the smoker and or others?...

does it matter if a person become addicted to it?...

is it any worse than having an addiction to lets say

ice cream or peanuts????...

Texan

Post by Texan » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:20 am

cods wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:36 am

I'm not sure if nicotine itself is harmful or not, but I would advise against doing anything that will become addictive. That would include alcohol if you find that you lack self discipline.

I was a stupid drunk in my youth. I decided to quit and went years without drinking. I only drink at home now and that's just 3-4 times per year. It's been good for me. You do you.

DreamRyder

Post by DreamRyder » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:58 am

Texan wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:20 am

...........I'm not sure if nicotine itself is harmful or not, but I would advise against doing anything that will become addictive. That would include alcohol if you find that you lack self discipline........

......................................Read the CDC's Informational Booklet on Nicotine e-Cigarettes.

..........Image

..............Arguing with people who have lost all sense of reason is like administering medicine to the dead

cods

Post by cods » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:08 pm

Texan wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:20 am
cods wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:36 am

I'm not sure if nicotine itself is harmful or not, but I would advise against doing anything that will become addictive. That would include alcohol if you find that you lack self discipline.

I was a stupid drunk in my youth. I decided to quit and went years without drinking. I only drink at home now and that's just 3-4 times per year. It's been good for me. You do you.
I dont smoke but I did for many years . gave up cold turkey! nothing in those days to help you help yourself... they were about 80cents a pkt when I gave up... oh and yes I believe nicotine is the main harmful one....so if they are replacing cigarettes with nicotine which is a chemical and as we know almost a poison they should at least come up witha fake chemical.

Texan

Post by Texan » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:32 pm

Vaping has become so popular with teenagers, that the government is starting to crack down on it. They've raised the vaping age to 21 and taken away almost all of the flavors because they want to take away the lure to kids. I'm wondering how many of them will switch to smoking tobacco when they can't get their favorite vape flavors. It's like they got a whole new young crowd addicted to nicotine and then they lead them straight to cigarettes.

I know that vaping can be a great tool for quitting tobacco, but all I see is the government using nicotine to manipulate their cash cows.

Gordon

Post by Gordon » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:31 pm

Yeah sorry, I'm totally anti-vaping.

I just see it as another way for ciggy companies to stay relevant. And even for non nicotine flavours, would love to know what kind of shit they put in them. Mostly made in China, btw.

I'm usually not a nanny state kind of guy, but when you have big corporations using all kinds of skullduggery like big tobacco have over the years, I'm happy for the Govt to fight them.

5 years ago hardly any teens smoked and I had hopes that smoking would become extinct, now loads of kids are vaping and I bet a lot of those will convert to smoking.

Texan

Post by Texan » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:40 pm

Gordon wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:31 pm

I just see it as another way for ciggy companies to stay relevant. And even for non nicotine flavours, would love to know what kind of shit they put in them. Mostly made in China, btw.

I'm usually not a nanny state kind of guy, but when you have big corporations using all kinds of skullduggery like big tobacco have over the years, I'm happy for the Govt to fight them.

5 years ago hardly any teens smoked and I had hopes that smoking would become extinct, now loads of kids are vaping and I bet a lot of those will convert to smoking.
All of the anti-vaping PSAs on the radio talk about how chemicals like formaldehyde are in vaping liquids. You know it has some nasty stuff in it if most of it comes from China.

Gordon

Post by Gordon » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:43 pm

Texan wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:40 pm
Gordon wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:31 pm

All of the anti-vaping PSAs on the radio talk about how chemicals like formaldehyde are in vaping liquids. You know it has some nasty stuff in it if most of it comes from China.
Plus when you vape you inhale it deep into the lungs. This is really going to be a future health time bomb.