Tuberculosis Cluster

Discuss any News, Current Events and Crime topics here
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
Black Orchid

Tuberculosis Cluster

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:17 pm

A cluster of tuberculosis cases has been identified at St Vincent’s Hospital in Sydney.

Five cases of TB have been discovered during whole genome sequencing, the hospital revealed in a statement.

Four of the cases overlapped at the hospital, in a specific timeframe and area within St Vincent’s.

All of the cases are the same strain and genetically identical.

“It is likely that one person, diagnosed at St Vincent’s hospital, has transmitted the infection to two other patients and one staff member while in hospital,” they said in a statement.

“The individual was not known to have TB at the time they were potentially infectious.”
https://7news.com.au/news/nsw/st-vincen ... -c-1128002

I'm not going to say what I'm thinking.

Bobby

Re: Tuberculosis Cluster

Post by Bobby » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:58 pm

As if Covid-19 wasn't enough - God help us.

cods

Post by cods » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:33 am

Black Orchid wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:17 pm
A cluster of tuberculosis cases has been identified at St Vincent’s Hospital in Sydney.

Five cases of TB have been discovered during whole genome sequencing, the hospital revealed in a statement.

Four of the cases overlapped at the hospital, in a specific timeframe and area within St Vincent’s.

All of the cases are the same strain and genetically identical.

“It is likely that one person, diagnosed at St Vincent’s hospital, has transmitted the infection to two other patients and one staff member while in hospital,” they said in a statement.

“The individual was not known to have TB at the time they were potentially infectious.”
https://7news.com.au/news/nsw/st-vincen ... -c-1128002

I'm not going to say what I'm thinking.

would have to be a foreigner from some backward country...shouldnt be too hard to track down....TB is like this virus
easily passed on..

Texan

Post by Texan » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:32 am

Usually, when we have an outbreak of some obscure disease, it came from Mexico or South America.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:12 pm

We've had lots of TB outbreaks in Sydney and they are all in the Chinese communities/enclaves.