Easily Offended People Make Bad Employees

Discuss any News, Current Events, Crimes
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
Black Orchid

Easily Offended People Make Bad Employees

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:53 am

Study Reveals That Easily Offended People Are Less Productive, Bad Employees. They “consume a lot of time complaining about trivial matters”.

A study conducted by a Professor at San Diego State University has discovered that people who are easily offended make terrible employees because they never get anything done.

The study, conducted by Dr. Jeremy Berneth, involved asking almost 400 employees, aged 25.9 on average, across seven US colleges about different events that have recently gotten “substantial media attention”.

The study notes that the events consisted of “17 items developed to assess the proclivity to be offended, eight moral outrage items, 11 microagression items and nine political correctness items.”

It noted that some people have a high “proclivity to be offended” (PTBO), which the study describes as “a state-like tendency to be sensitive to customarily innocuous societal events and traditions,” for example “playing of the United States’ National Anthem.”

Those with a high PTBO have a “tendency to view an array of events and/or traditions as offensive.”

They also “are likely to feel that social events or traditions to which they take offense also violate moral or equitable standards,” the study notes.

Basically, they’re easily triggered by anything.

Dr Berneth found that high PTBOs are less productive, because they are constantly worrying about how the organisations they work for are “less fair,” than everywhere else, and they “consume a lot of time complaining about trivial matters.”

“The person offended by everyday occurrences diverts important and limited cognitive resources away from the client (and potential sale) towards a task-irrelevant stimuli.” the study notes.

The study also notes that the easily offended are less concerned with helping others, despite constantly engaging in virtual signalling to suggest that is their primary goal.

The study notes that while “their prescriptive morality dictates helping and providing for others”, they are actually less likely to engage in “citizenship behavior”.

The study noted that “PTBO negatively correlated with task performance and positively correlated with counterproductive work behaviors, suggesting not only that these individuals engage in fewer citizenship behaviors but also engage in behaviors managers and organizations want their employees to avoid.”
The study can be read at the link ... https://summit.news/2020/07/06/study-re ... employees/

I knew this already 8-)

cods

Re: Easily Offended People Make Bad Employees

Post by cods » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:22 am

sounds like the Public Service...lolol

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:24 am

It has finally dawned on me that was why I ended up in the managerial ranks before retirement!

Being as I am so tolerant.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:03 am

Redneck wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:24 am
It has finally dawned on me that was why I ended up in the managerial ranks before retirement!

I was in leadership roles less within 6 months of starting in the public services... What took you so long? :giggle
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:26 am

Nom De Plume wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:03 am
Redneck wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:24 am

I was in leadership roles less within 6 months of starting in the public services... What took you so long? :giggle
I think I was paying the wrong bloke! :huh?

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:43 pm

I think the study should have told us that the millennials of today are predominantly
whimps and sooks who have absolutely no coping skills...…
The males have no balls and the females all want to be men.....
Hence the lack of respect for one another....
And those in between cant decide which colour to dye their hair today
or whether to put on a dress or a pair of stubbies…. :rofl
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...