Should Tik Tok be banned ?

Discuss any News, Current Events, Crimes
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
Juliar

Should Tik Tok be banned ?

Post by Juliar » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:51 pm

THIS IS WHY WE NEED TO BAN TIKTOK NOW
written by Avi Yemini 10th July 2020

I hate cancel culture because I believe in the fundamental human right to free speech, even for silly ideas. People have the right to be wrong.
I’m not advocating cancelling TikTok because of the crap content it produces exploiting little kids. I’m not even pushing to ban the platform because of their clear elevation of content that PROMOTES communist-China.

We need to ban TikTok for one reason; the threat it poses to our national security.
Experts around the world have warned of the real danger TikTok presents to the west. Like every Chinese company, TikTok is bound by CCP regulation which means whatever TikTok has access to, so does the Chinese government.

That means, as we speak, as tensions between us and China escalate, our enemy has access to millions of our devices. They can hear everything we’re saying in private; they can steal our contacts, trace our movements and god knows what else they’re getting from our phones.

While you may think it’s harmless fun your teenager is having, nothing the communist party of China does is harmless. You merely having the app installed on your phone even without an account gives China the access they need.

Let’s make everyone happy and create an Aussie version of TikTok; we can call it G’dayMate.

https://www.tr.news/ban-tiktok/

Black Orchid

Re: Should Tik Tok be banned ?

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:07 pm

TikTok is a propaganda social media outlet for the CCP. It is meddling in the US election cycle and should definitely be banned here.

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:15 am

I have not allowed Tiktok ever to be installed on any of our devices. My daughter wanted it but I refused 2 years ago.

The rest of the world are waking up to it. There are warnings all over the internet. Plus I don't like it.Not the place for young girls.
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:08 am

Whatever any App has access to, so do our Governments.
I haven't deliberately loaded any App on my mobile.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:39 pm

A media mouthpiece for China’s communist party has said Australia is “shooting itself in the foot” by its increasing wariness of firms reportedly connected to Beijing and is now nothing more than America’s “guard dog” in the Asia Pacific.

The comments came in a blistering article in theGlobal Times, a newspaper that is widely regarded as trumpeting Chinese government thinking.

It follows Prime Minister Scott Morrison saying on Friday that the Government was looking into the “risks” of popular viral video app TikTok which has scores of Australian users.

“If we consider there is a need to take further action than we are taking now (regarding TikTok), then I can tell you we won‘t be shy about it,” Mr Morrison told radio station 3AW.

Owned by Chinese tech firm ByteDance, TikTok has already been banned in India following clashes between India and China on the pair’s disputed Himalayan border. The Trump administration has said it could even ban TikTok.
https://www.news.com.au/technology/onli ... 05e641a786

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:18 pm

Parents have been urged to keep their children and teenagers away from TikTok after vision began circulating of a man committing suicide.

The Chinese-run social media app is still struggling to delete the graphic video, which features a 33-year-old man from the US taking his own life.

The disturbing video, which is too graphic to share, was originally live-streamed on Facebook before making its way to the video-sharing app early on Tuesday.

But on TikTok, snippets of the video are not only widely accessible but are even being recommended to users without warnings.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/artic ... e-app.html

Hidden amongst vids of cute puppies and kittens. :roll:

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:01 pm

I have banned it for my daughter for the last 2 years.
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:18 pm

yes
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Juliar

Post by Juliar » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:43 am

Alarming articles about tik tok.

Dangerous TikTok video lures children through use of puppy footage
SEPTEMBER 9, 20206:35AM
It looks like a cute video of puppies and kittens but parents have been warned about a sickening new clip circulating on TikTok. Warning: Graphic.
https://www.news.com.au/technology/onli ... ce115ee5af

TikTok suicide video prompts warning for parents to keep children offline
ABC North Coast / By Samantha Turnbull Posted Yesterday at 3:04pm, updated Yesterday at 11:47pm
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-08/ ... r/12641136