Terrorist attack in NZ by Muslim

Discuss any News, Current Events, Crimes
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
Bobby

Re: Terrorist attack in NZ by Muslim

Post by Bobby » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:34 am

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/126285 ... ror-attack

Countdown, Foodstuffs remove knives
from sale following terror attack

Tina Morrison12:31, Sep 04 2021

Countdown and Foodstuffs have removed sharp knives from sale after a man injured six people with a knife in a terror attack at a Countdown store.

The attacker, who was an extremist terror group sympathiser, obtained the knife after entering the Countdown supermarket in New Lynn mall in Auckland on Friday afternoon, and stabbed six people before being shot dead by police.

Countdown’s general manager of safety Kiri Hannifin said the supermarket operator last night made the decision to temporarily remove all knives and scissors from shelves while they considered whether they should continue to sell them.

“This is in no way a reflection on our customers, but an act of support for our team,” she said. “We want all of our team to feel safe when they come to work, especially considering the events of yesterday.”

READ MORE:
* Auckland terror attack: 'He looked like an evil guy' says man who confronted terrorist
* Auckland supermarket terrorist inspired by Isis can be named - but not yet
* Auckland terror attack: Countdowns nationwide delay opening to offer staff support

Foodstuffs NZ, which owns the New World, Pak’n Save and Four Square chains, has also removed sharp knives from sale following the attack.

“Our thoughts are with the Countdown team and customers injured and affected by the terrible event at Lynn Mall yesterday,” said Foodstuffs NZ head of corporate affairs Antoinette Laird.

“Everyone deserves to be able to go to work and visit essential services like the supermarket safely,” she said. “While we consider the event and take some time to review the safety of our customers and staff, Foodstuffs stores have removed sharp knives from sale.”

Countdown stores across the country did not open until 10am on Saturday in a show of solidarity after the terrorist attack.

Hannifin said Countdown was grateful to customers who had supported the company’s decision to open a little later, and for all the messages of support they had received.

“This morning many of our teams throughout Aotearoa have taken some time to get together to talk, share a physically distanced cup of tea, and support each other following yesterday’s event in our Lynnmall store,” she said. “Our thoughts are with our customers who were injured and their families.”

Hannifin thanked emergency services for their support.

The LynnMall store will remain closed until further notice as multiple investigations into the incident continue.

The incident is the second high profile stabbing at a Countdown supermarket in recent months.

In May, four people - two men and two women – were seriously injured in a knife attack at a store in Dunedin.

The man has denied charges of attempted murder and is due to stand trial.

Valkie

Post by Valkie » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:07 am

THUMBS DOWN

New Zealand PM Jacinda Arden’s refusal to name the “hateful ideology” behind Friday’s Islamist terror attack is gutless. You can’t defeat what you won’t even name and it allows haters to claim ‘Islam’ and ‘Islamism’ are the same thing. Words matter.

Bungles that led to terror stabbing
JAMES MACSMITH

Ahamed Aathill Mohammad Samsudeen.

WARNINGS have been issued over the high possibility of more terrorist attacks in New Zealand, as five people remain in hospital, three in critical condition after Friday’s shocking incident in an Auckland supermarket.

Jacinda Ardern’s government is under fire in the aftermath of the ISIS-inspired attack by Ahamed Aathill Mohammad Samsudeen, a 32-year-old Sri Lankan who entered the country in 2011.

Samsudeen, who came from the same area of Sri Lanka as two involved with the Easter Sunday bombings in Colomno in 2019, was officially identified last night after a suppression order was lifted.

Ms Ardern claimed authorities had run out of ways to incarcerate the Samsudeen after a judge reportedly recently denied requests for him to wear an ankle monitoring device. Despite 24-hour surveillance, police did not follow him into the supermarket because of concerns about Covid-19 restrictions.

Ms Ardern has said she was “gutted” by news of the attack at a Countdown supermarket in New Lynn Mall in the west of Auckland, which came twoand-a-half years after 51 people were murdered in a terrorist attack on the Al Noor Mosque in Christchurch.

Condemnation of “lax” terror laws has come from victims of that attack and terror experts who called for accountability from the Ardern government, amid warnings another attack “is going to happen”. Christchurch’s Temel Atacocugu, who was shot nine times in the attack, said news of the supermarket stabbings made him feel sick.

“The storm inside me began again,” Atacocugu told the New Zealand Herald.

“We must expect law that is strong enough to stop terrorist acts before they happen. My early feelings are that New Zealand authorities have failed again, just like on March 15, 2019. As a survivor of terrorism, I want as soon as possible for the Government to show accountability for 3 September, 2021, just like the accountability that was demanded of them following 15 March, 2019.” Ms Ardern promised to change terrorism laws by the end of the month, saying it is hard to stop the “lone wolf”.
I have a dream
A world free from the plague of Islam
A world that has never known the horrors of the cult of death.
My hope is that in time, Islam will be nothing but a bad dream

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:28 am

Thanks Valkie - please provide the link for your copied and pasted text.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:46 am

Jacinda said all legal options were exhausted - it's a lie.

Why wasn't he deported after 3 years in jail?

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:29 am

Bobby wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:46 am

Not sure if their laws currently allow that, if not they should be changed to allow it.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:24 pm

Redneck wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:29 am
Bobby wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:46 am

Not sure if their laws currently allow that, if not they should be changed to allow it.
You'd kind of hope they could deport refugees who were doing anything wrong?

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:50 pm

I've solved the Muslim terrorist problem.

I think Muslims should only allowed a Koran which is redacted -
all the verses about killing infidels etc blacked out
with a black Texta pen.
That would solve it.

Valkie

Post by Valkie » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:13 am

Bobby wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:50 pm

with a black Texta pen.
That would solve it.
You cannot do that, its apostasy to them.

They have to leave everything in it because its the absolute truth.
Even the bits about Mo the mad riding a flying donkey
And Mo the mad seeing the sun set into a muddy hole
And the bit where Mo the mad wins an argument with Satan, his boss.

You cannot argue with stupid, tried it with bbbbbrwyannnn many times.
I have a dream

Valkie

Post by Valkie » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:36 am

From the Daily Telegraph this morning.

Why cant a country simply piss off criminals without having to go through the woke courts?
His family and those of his mosque must now be shipped back to hell, where they belong.
NZ tried for years to deport terrorist

WELLINGTON: New Zealand had been trying for years to deport an ISIS-inspired radical who went on a frenzied stabbing attack, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern revealed.

The lifting of suppression orders showed the attacker, Sri Lankan Ahamed Aathil Mohamed Samsudeen (inset), was served a deportation notice in April 2019 after his refugee status was revoked.

While the legal process dragged on, Samsudeen grabbed a knife off a supermarket shelf in Auckland on Friday and injured seven people, leaving three critically wounded, before he was shot dead by police who were tailing him.

Ms Ardern, who referred to Samsudeen as “the terrorist” and did not mention his name, outlined steps New Zealand had taken to try to deport him after the legal suppressions were removed late Saturday. Samsudeen arrived in New Zealand as a 22-year-old in 2011 on a student visa and was granted refugee status two years later.

In 2016, he came to the attention of the police and intelligence agencies after expressing sympathy on Facebook for terrorist attacks.

It came as the man’s mother declared he had been “brainwashed” by neighbours.

Ismail Fareeda spoke to a local TV channel about her son as the Sri Lankan government promised to work with New Zealand authorities to investigate Friday’s attack.

Samsudeen’s mother accused neighbours of radicalising her son in an interview with the Hiru TV network from her home in Kattankudy, 330km east of Colombo.

She said that Samsudeen was injured in a fall in 2016 and that the neighbours, whom she did not name, seized the opportunity to influence him, adding they “were the only people who helped him as he recovered”.

“Those neighbours from Syria and Iraq are the ones who brainwashed him,” she said. Her son had started posting radical views on social media after meeting the neighbours, she said.
I have a dream

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:30 am

Valkie wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:13 am
Bobby wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:50 pm

with a black Texta pen.
That would solve it.
You cannot do that, its apostasy to them.

They have to leave everything in it because its the absolute truth.
Even the bits about Mo the mad riding a flying donkey
And Mo the mad seeing the sun set into a muddy hole
And the bit where Mo the mad wins an argument with Satan, his boss.

You cannot argue with stupid, tried it with bbbbbrwyannnn many times.
They need to be forced by law.