c ya

Discuss any News, Current Events, Crimes
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
cynik

c ya

Post by cynik » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:10 am

ciao

mantra.

Re: c ya

Post by mantra. » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:53 am

That's a bit sad. Hope you'll come back again soon. I, for one, have thoroughly enjoyed your posting. :P

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:53 am

They did provide a few laughs.

Rainbow Moonlight

Post by Rainbow Moonlight » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:46 am

Ciao. Take care.

JW Frogen

Post by JW Frogen » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:21 pm

The double post ghost.

Woooooooooooooo!
Last edited by JW Frogen on Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JW Frogen

Post by JW Frogen » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:23 pm

Wow that was quick! Ball and bat gone after only one day of a real game.

Cynik has rarely had the intellectual courage to endure a challenge for more than a month or so before an announced departure but this has to be his fastest surrender yet.

Cynik I have not read your responses today, I really don’t need to know what they are either politically or as personal insult, you can only hold the same ten or so ideas in your head at any given time, the Catholic Church is evil, Islam is dangerous, everyone is a slave to class and credit, all war is economically motivated by the military industrial complex yadda yadda yadda.

It is all tied together by a general idea of helplessness. (Philosophy is too grand a word.)

Five years, the same simple (and I do mean simple) concepts over and over. Though fashioned in an entertaining manner.

Sadly, even your writing is now the same old baroque cliché’s, often with lines that would make Oprah’s book club blush. Entertaining at first but now as old and familiar to me as a Brady Bunch re-run.

Same infantile insults too, a military bloodthirsty killer who will die of drink. The latter insult has some merit, or should have, but is a mystery to me, I should have already died of drink, but it would seem Cynik neither your malice nor my thirst can make it happen.

God, and my genes, are GREAT!

The former reveals your willful ignorance to the diversity of humanitarian missions democratic militaries are involved in and renders your claim of ever having been in the military one more strange lie, along with your Law, English, and History degrees.

The old cynik reflex kicks in, can’t defend a position, then insult the poster and ignore the content. Create a false, and rabid, it must be rabid, premise and argue with that. Argue with yourself.

In the end, this, like your politics, is all about you.

This is perhaps why you could not finish University, actually get that English degree, the one you really did attempt, as they do demand a bit more. Hence your vitriol toward Shrink when his honor paper was published, he can do what you can not even try. It gets even worse Cynik, now Shrink holds a major role as a writer and scholar at significant institution in Canberra. See, he actually thinks, evolves and tries.

I have always believed you fear to submit your writing for publication because you fear an editor’s critique, your political ideas could not make any serious publication, even you probably know that, but you could be a fiction writer. You simply cannot endure criticism, and that is what editors do, they hone you down and make you better.

You don’t have the guts to submit to this, put simply. You are too precious.

Even on the Internet, you stayed primarily on PA because it was largely, though not entirely, composed of an adoring audience with the same “woe is me” philosophy but no real details on how to do anything about anything real in the world.

Largely composed of people who cannot challenge your often ludicrous, if comical, and usually entertaining view of the world.

You need an adoring audience so avoid larger forums where the shear critical mass of people will insure you are challenged, thus testing your ideas.

You are as sure of your limited and vague idea of the world as any religious fundamentalist.

A fatalist born of a cracked conviction.

The publishing world will challenge you, that is their job. So you do not try to get published.

Larger forums will challenge you, that is their nature. So you do not post on very large forums.

The four or five people on PA will adore you, well most of the time, and when some of us don’t, you run.

Here is an idea as I have pretty much exhausted every idea you have ever composed, or ever will compose, years ago, and I am not on this version of PA all that much anyway, I will offer you the safety and security you soooo bury, buuuuury bawwwdly nweeeeed.

I will not post on this version of PA when you do or challenge the fantastical and entertaining world that is cynic’s wild ranting ride.

There, does whittle cynik fweeel safe now?

Have fun.

Assume the mantle of one-eyed king in the land of the blind.

Everyone wins, but you, though you may not ever really become aware of that.

Auzgurl

Post by Auzgurl » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:44 pm

yes I agree ..that was dissapointing..a dummyspit no less.

I think Frogens return to the fray frightened him off.

Shame I was eager to see the 2 of them thrusting and jousting here and there,under and over etc, a guaranteed feast of wordiness for wordiness sake?