If..

Discuss any News, Current Events, Crimes
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
Jovial Monk

Re: If..

Post by Jovial Monk » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:15 pm

Paris is great, Milan sucks--got to Florence and visit the Uffizi galleries, mindblowing!

Rainbow Moonlight

Post by Rainbow Moonlight » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:20 pm

I had it all planned a while back- my ex husband was making a high income and i thought if i went back to work and saved my income we could maybe all go. Had a few contracts but hard to get fulltime work. Now well - not enough money, nor likely to be. But a lot happier now.

yeah I wondered about Florence- write ups say so crowded - wouldn't do just the Uffizi though if i was there. Not quite so many of the picture is would want to see there though- oh Vatican city- art there would be good to see too. Sucked in by a picture on a tourist brochure to wanting to see the temple of the Oracle at Delphi, and lots of the indian carved temples, particularly Jain ones.

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:28 pm

Oh no, lots more than the Uffizi--I had the best pizza ever down there. Frutti de la mere or something, seafood. Cooked in a woodfired oven. Still dream of that one!

Rainbow Moonlight

Post by Rainbow Moonlight » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:33 pm

Vegetarian here. Bit worried whether they actually eat anything but seafood in venice. :)

Rainbow Moonlight

Post by Rainbow Moonlight » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:35 pm

Has anyone been on one fo those european coach tours? Looks so much to me like you'd be travelling heaps and wouldn't get to see the stuff you really wanted to. Are they any good?

JW Frogen

Post by JW Frogen » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:52 pm

I have been to Paris 14 times. Florence 4, Milan once (it does suck), Rome 20 + times lived in London for six years, Naples Italy (the most lively city on earth) for over six months, Sicily for four years, Okinawa for, Puerto Rico, The Middle East...............well, I could go on and on.

Military life is an exploitation of human life; they are robots and suckers, you "smarter"; scared civilians are better off avoiding it.

Rainbow Moonlight

Post by Rainbow Moonlight » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:57 pm

I don't envy you "frogen" - glad you got stuff out of the military life though. I could never be a military person. Just don't have it in me. Also don't know if i would like real travel instead of armchair sruff- i am pretty insecure and like to feel safe and secure.

JW Frogen

Post by JW Frogen » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:58 pm

I have had experiences where the entire world would envy me, and I had the grace to know it at the time.

Fuck me, my life has been good.