Day/Night Owls Chit Chat

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Texan

Re: Day/Night Owls Chit Chat

Post by Texan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:53 am

Wood burning stoves are up to 90% efficient and if you have land with trees you have free fuel. You can cook on some of them.

Texan

Post by Texan » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:59 am

I busted a gut at work last week. A hernia operation is in my near future.

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:58 pm

Texan wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:59 am
My brother also needs one but his DR wont do it until he has lost some weight!
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Texan

Post by Texan » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:41 pm

Nom De Plume wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:58 pm
Texan wrote:
I need to lose some weight, but I think my hernia is more of a result from my gallbladder operation last year. The hernia happened when I was installing 100 lb batteries(45kg?) into a cabinet by hand, but the hernia is at the point of one of my incisions near my navel to remove the gallbladder. Because it could get worse and kill me, (odds are low) I am getting it fixed soon. Because it happened on the job, my employer pays all insurance costs and I pay nothing. I'm eager to get it fixed.

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:59 pm

Texan wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:41 pm
Nom De Plume wrote:
Texan wrote:
I need to lose some weight, but I think my hernia is more of a result from my gallbladder operation last year. The hernia happened when I was installing 100 lb batteries(45kg?) into a cabinet by hand, but the hernia is at the point of one of my incisions near my navel to remove the gallbladder. Because it could get worse and kill me, (odds are low) I am getting it fixed soon. Because it happened on the job, my employer pays all insurance costs and I pay nothing. I'm eager to get it fixed.
I lost 25 kilos a couple of years ago just by walking 45 minutes every day and changing my diet...
(It took about nine months)
Each to his own....
GL with the op...
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:13 pm

Texan wrote:
Nom De Plume wrote:
Texan wrote:
My brother has also had his gallbladder removed, so perhaps that's what caused his hernia... what ever the case, it was obesity what is the real cause... he also has high blood pressure and has adult onset diabetes...

All of which could be resolved if he lost weight.
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Texan

Post by Texan » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:31 pm

billy the kid wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:59 pm
Texan wrote:
Nom De Plume wrote:
Texan wrote:
I lost 25 kilos a couple of years ago just by walking 45 minutes every day and changing my diet...
Each to his own....
GL with the op...
That's about what I should lose. I let myself gain some weight and carried it around playing sports until I tore my ACL. Then I gave up sports and my inactivity led to more weight gain. As said, I need to get active and adjust my diet. I'm strong as an ox, but I am much slower than I used to be. I like carbs way too much.

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:57 pm

Texan wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:31 pm
billy the kid wrote:
Texan wrote:
Nom De Plume wrote:
Texan wrote:
Each to his own....
GL with the op...
That's about what I should lose. I let myself gain some weight and carried it around playing sports until I tore my ACL. Then I gave up sports and my inactivity led to more weight gain. As said, I need to get active and adjust my diet. I'm strong as an ox, but I am much slower than I used to be. I like carbs way too much.
Hey Tex...
I see the NRA has declared bankruptcy and is moving to Texas...
What are your thoughts on that....??
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

Texan

Post by Texan » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:18 pm

billy the kid wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:57 pm
Texan wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:31 pm
billy the kid wrote:
Texan wrote:
Nom De Plume wrote:

Each to his own....
GL with the op...
Hey Tex...
I see the NRA has declared bankruptcy and is moving to Texas...
What are your thoughts on that....??
I think their performance has been mediocre at best the past few years, but if they get their head on straight they are welcome. New York has been hamstringing them with nuisance law suits for years.

Texan

Post by Texan » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:48 am

Mrs. Texan is doing well at her job and seems to enjoy it. She hired on as a temp and many of them don't stick around long. The big boss pulled her aside yesterday and told her that she was going to work in another remote area for a while. Layoffs were happening today and he didn't want anybody to resent the fact that she was keeping her job. Mrs Texan kept her mouth shut and the layoffs happened. I think it was mostly the temp employees who were lazy tht got the axe. They use the temp agencty to hire on a trial basis and it makes laying them off less messy. I hope they hire Mrs Texan outright. I assume there would also be a pay raise.

Besides character and work ethic, it's funny that what her employer finds so valuable is that she is one of the few who knows how to drive a car with a manual transmission. It's a lost skill on the vast majority of millennials. We call the manual transmission the millennial antitheft device.

I'm getting lazy and tired of spelling out Mrs. Texan all the time. From now on, I will refer to her as MT.