Day/Night Owls Chit Chat

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Black Orchid

Re: Day/Night Owls Chit Chat

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:47 pm

Just spent 40 minutes on the phone with JAL (Japan Airlines) but none of them speak any great semblance of English. It's so frustrating!

First he leaves me on hold forever and when he comes back he says "I can't find your email". At this point I have given him no details. No name and no email. Yet here he was trying to find it. :roll:

I explained very slowly what I needed and now he says he will call me back. I won't hold my breath and expect I will have to repeat this again tomorrow. Call centre for Australia is in Hong Kong and he sounded Chinese and not Japanese anyway.

cods

Post by cods » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:06 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:47 pm
Just spent 40 minutes on the phone with JAL (Japan Airlines) but none of them speak any great semblance of English. It's so frustrating!

First he leaves me on hold forever and when he comes back he says "I can't find your email". At this point I have given him no details. No name and no email. Yet here he was trying to find it. :roll:

I explained very slowly what I needed and now he says he will call me back. I won't hold my breath and expect I will have to repeat this again tomorrow. Call centre for Australia is in Hong Kong and he sounded Chinese and not Japanese anyway.
I hope you are not trying to leave the country...lolol..we have a ban on China you know...I do hope everyone sticks to it...if we bring in Hong Kong refugees.......then most definitely give china a big miss for years to come..Japan should be nice though..I know so many people who have lost on their trip of a lifetime this year..and now its looking like next year wont be any different....sad.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:08 pm

Nah not planning on leaving the country til early next year, if possible. I'm wondering why so many people are flying in daily from overseas though when we can't fly out.

cods

Post by cods » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:19 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:08 pm
Nah not planning on leaving the country til early next year, if possible. I'm wondering why so many people are flying in daily from overseas though when we can't fly out.

mostly people trying to come home....they have to hire a private plane...and then fill it up...my daughter is due to go back to Laos end of July
as far as I know thats still on..she will have to do 14 days over there but it will be in the home she lives in...I am hoping she wont go back but I cant see that happening.. I think you will find diplomatic persons are still able to come and go.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:26 pm

cods wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:19 pm
Black Orchid wrote:

mostly people trying to come home....they have to hire a private plane...and then fill it up...my daughter is due to go back to Laos end of July
as far as I know thats still on..she will have to do 14 days over there but it will be in the home she lives in...I am hoping she wont go back but I cant see that happening.. I think you will find diplomatic persons are still able to come and go.
I can understand your daughter's circumstances but there still seem to be a lot of people flying in that have nothing to do with work.

Those not working have had plenty of time to return home. They let hundreds of Indian Australians into SA a couple of weeks ago and then they refused to get tested. The whole thing is ridiculous.

cods

Post by cods » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:43 am

Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:26 pm
cods wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:19 pm
Black Orchid wrote:

I can understand your daughter's circumstances but there still seem to be a lot of people flying in that have nothing to do with work.

Those not working have had plenty of time to return home. They let hundreds of Indian Australians into SA a couple of weeks ago and then they refused to get tested. The whole thing is ridiculous.

they cant stop aussie citz from returning thats the problem...why they were never made to take a test before they left India I will never know...but its the way this cockamamie thing is run anyway... we cant complain much really its only Victoria that seems to be letting us down...
trouble is its hard to see a way out of this thing.....THANKS CHINA...lets hope they come up with something real soon.

BigP

Post by BigP » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:45 pm

I have just culled a few ducks , I put some food out in the paddock , they all rushed out, as did the cows , I shot 3 of them between the cows , i hit 2 with the first round ,then the 3rd with the 2nd, short and sweet, These guys have been getting a little to smart for their own good, when I feed the pigs they follow me down and eat half the pellets i put in there ,

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:55 pm

That lying f*****g sod. I did NOT post his "information" in Sparta! He has started a thread in Relationshits about the PA Election. :mad :mad :mad

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1594539167

I cannot reply there as I am banned from OzPol!

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:05 pm

It appears that Aussie's attempt to frame me has been "disappeared". Only Freediver online (after I took a screenshot). :rofl

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:53 pm

Latest office wear for the woke!