Day/Night Owls Chit Chat

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Black Orchid

Day/Night Owls Chit Chat

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:46 pm

Do we have any?

Nicole

Re: Night Owls Chit Chat

Post by Nicole » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:03 pm

I haven’t been sleeping well lately, but generally speaking I’m not a night owl.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:05 pm

I have always been a night owl but lately I tend to just go to bed and read til pretty late.

Back in the Yahoo days there were people up all night. Maybe we're just getting old.

The Reboot

Post by The Reboot » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:06 pm

I certainly am.

My mind 'comes alive' at night, and I absolutely detest mornings. Without the unhealthy combination of coffee and cigarettes, I would probably murder somebody.

I often wonder if this is linked to being an introvert as well. Night time is the only time I can really chill out and do my own thing in peace. I'm not much of a drinker or pub-crawler.

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:12 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:05 pm
I have always been a night owl but lately I tend to just go to bed and read til pretty late.

Back in the Yahoo days there were people up all night. Maybe we're just getting old.
It was called speed, black orchid :lol:

Now it’s all kids and jobs and mortgages and dinner and shopping and washing and cleaning the car and...

It’s fucking exhausting, I tell ya.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:12 pm

I do my best, or most rational thinking, at night time and I have never been a morning person.

I absolutely detest being woken by an alarm and usually set my own mental alarm and tell myself when I need to wake up. I use an alarm for backup but usually turn it off before it goes off.

On the odd occasions that the alarms gets me it takes me awhile to feel alive and I don't drink coffee so that doesn't help.

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:13 pm

The Reboot wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:06 pm
I certainly am.

My mind 'comes alive' at night, and I absolutely detest mornings. Without the unhealthy combination of coffee and cigarettes, I would probably murder somebody.

I often wonder if this is linked to being an introvert as well. Night time is the only time I can really chill out and do my own thing in peace. I'm not much of a drinker or pub-crawler.
What I wouldn’t give for a coffee and a ciggie.

The Reboot

Post by The Reboot » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:31 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:12 pm
I do my best, or most rational thinking, at night time and I have never been a morning person.

I absolutely detest being woken by an alarm and usually set my own mental alarm and tell myself when I need to wake up. I use an alarm for backup but usually turn it off before it goes off.

On the odd occasions that the alarms gets me it takes me awhile to feel alive and I don't drink coffee so that doesn't help.
I know that feeling. I have a part time job that requires me to get up around 6:30-7:00 three days a week. Hearing that alarm instantly puts me in a bad mood.

Tea drinker?

The Reboot

Post by The Reboot » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:33 pm

Mistress Nicole wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:13 pm
The Reboot wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:06 pm
I certainly am.

What I wouldn’t give for a coffee and a ciggie.
I am attempting to give up the ciggies.. starting with weening off. Nearly $100 for a 50g pack (and going up, up and up) is fucking ridiculous and the tax is probably going in those grubby bastard politician's back pocket anyway.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:37 pm

Occasionally some green tea but more generally not. Lots and lots of water through the day.

Oh and a bourbon or two doesn't go astray but not for breakfast lol.