Day/Night Owls Chit Chat

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
BigP

Re: Day/Night Owls Chit Chat

Post by BigP » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:31 am

Bobby wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:53 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:48 pm
Tip boiling water on the weeds, Cods, then boil it again for a job well done and a cuppa.

I tried poring boiling water and salt on couch grass growing in driveway cracks
and it still grew back.
It's indestructible.
A shit load of salt and a shit load of vinegar sprayed on the weeds should see them off

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:27 pm

BigP wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:31 am
Bobby wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:53 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Tip boiling water on the weeds, Cods, then boil it again for a job well done and a cuppa.

I tried poring boiling water and salt on couch grass growing in driveway cracks
and it still grew back.
It's indestructible.
A shit load of salt and a shit load of vinegar sprayed on the weeds should see them off

Read my last post -
I think only Roundup can destroy couch.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:38 pm

Roundup is toxic and carcinogenic. Never used it and never will.

cods

Post by cods » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:51 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
trouble with that I am back and forward boiling the kettle makes it hard work..

they are so ugly as well huge.. even those thistle things giants..I am now planting succulents..like a mad fool as
they do seem to keep the weeds down a little bit.. and I like them as well...but out the front its a nightmare....I am expecting nasty letters in my letter bos.complaining about bringing the neighbourhood down...lolol

cods

Post by cods » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:54 pm

BigP wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:54 pm
It was cold enough in the factory I work in to freeze hell over today and the heater ran out of diesel , The owner said he was going down to the gas station to refill, 3 hours later still no fuel, I went into the office and they had a fan heater going, nice and toasty in there, I turned it off opened the door to the office and told him if he turned it back on before he refilled the heater in the workshop I would come in and cut the fucken plug off it ,

It had the desired effect, lol
hilarious.. how come you didnt get the sack????

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:10 pm

A story about Melbourne:
Example of Somebody Else's Problem.

In an 80km/hr zone -
on the Princess Highway not far from where I live
there was a tree branch that was blocking half
of the right hand lane out of the 3 lanes.
It was causing cars to swerve from the right hand lane to the middle lane to avoid it.
Obviously it was a major traffic hazard.
It was still there 4 days later so
I pulled over to the side of the road and when there were no
cars I ran across & moved the heavy branch on to the median strip - grass area.
I drove away.

I estimate that over 100 police cars would have driven down that road in 4 days
yet they did nothing.
I also estimate that over 200,000 cars went past and did nothing over the 4 days.

I was the only person who removed the hazard.
That just goes to show you the attitude of most people in our concrete jungle.
People don't care about anything even if it affects them.
It's always Somebody Else's Problem.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:25 pm

Good job, Bobby! "It's always someone else's problem" seems to be the attitude nowadays. It's really quite shameful. I'm ok Jack so I don't care about anyone else sort of thing.

It's like when there is someone being attacked. They pull out their phones and video it. I don't recommend stepping into something horrible but surely there is more to do than just film it? Look at the abuse of that girl in Melbourne recently. People standing around videoing and doing nothing.

A few years ago I was coming home from work late and as I was walking through Town Hall Square I saw 4 girls attacking another girl violently and trying to steal her bag. They were ripping her hair out and when they got her on the ground 1 kept ripping her hair, 2 were kicking her and the 4th was trying to rip the bag off her shoulder. As I walked towards them at least 4-5 men walked past coming in the opposite direction and did absolutely nothing other than crane their necks to get a better look.

So, not even thinking, I stepped in and made a great deal of noise. Luckily for me they dropped her and took off. When I got home and told my sons they freaked out and told me how stupid I was lol.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:30 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:25 pm
Good job, Bobby! "It's always someone else's problem" seems to be the attitude nowadays. It's really quite shameful. I'm ok Jack so I don't care about anyone else sort of thing.

It's like when there is someone being attacked. They pull out their phones and video it. I don't recommend stepping into something horrible but surely there is more to do than just film it? Look at the abuse of that girl in Melbourne recently. People standing around videoing and doing nothing.

A few years ago I was coming home from work late and as I was walking through Town Hall Square I saw 4 girls attacking another girl violently and trying to steal her bag. They were ripping her hair out and when they got her on the ground 1 kept ripping her hair, 2 were kicking her and the 4th was trying to rip the bag off her shoulder. As I walked towards them at least 4-5 men walked past coming in the opposite direction and did absolutely nothing other than crane their necks to get a better look.

So, not even thinking, I stepped in and made a great deal of noise. Luckily for me they dropped her and took off. When I got home and told my sons they freaked out and told me how stupid I was lol.

Intervening when your personal safety is at risk is another matter.
If you were a big bloke like Hulk Hogan then it would have been a better idea.
Still - it was very kind of you.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:31 pm

On reflection is was pretty stupid but I just acted instinctively.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:37 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:31 pm
On reflection is was pretty stupid but I just acted instinctively.
Find someone like Hulk Hogan next time: