Day/Night Owls Chit Chat

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Nicole

Re: Night Owls Chit Chat

Post by Nicole » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:29 pm

Nothing wrong with a Bloody Mary for breakfast but. :lol:

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:37 pm

I think the last time I had a Bloody Mary was just before landing after being in the air all night. Very nice it was too.

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:51 pm

I might do it twice a year, when I’ve got a raging hangover. The cure truly is ‘hair of the dog’, but alcohol is the last thing you can stomach. The tomato juice, Tabasco, worstershire, salt and pepper cover the taste of the vodka marvellously, which is of course what cures the hangover.

Handy hints tip 119 bought to you by mistress nicole. Sponsored my Berri.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:02 pm

OK you convinced me! I might have to buy some tomato juice next shopping day. I have all the rest :thumb

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:16 pm

Use white pepper. And mix/consume with a stick of celery.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:52 am

I was once advised by a senior medico in the Army that the best cure for a hangover is to consume at least a litre of water and a couple of aspirins before retiring the night before. The reason why people have a headache is because the alcohol dehydrates them. The water prevents that and the aspirins just make sure.

And no, it wasn't 'cause I had a hangover. One of my diggers did and I wanted to stop her from being charged (which is what would have happened if it had been discovered). His advice wasn't much use but it worked the next time the soldier went on a bender.
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Texan

Post by Texan » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:48 pm

I'm not much of a night owl, but I think that qualifies me for this thread, considering my location.

So there are tractors installing a sewage pipeline in the utility easement along the back of my property. They are making awful noise and I have my own septic system. They have torn down my fence and cut down a line of trees that were on my neighbors property, just behind the fence. I'm beginning to wonder if the money they paid me is enough. I thought living outside the city limits would be quiet. Overall, it is, but the sounds are different here. I typically just hear animals and occaisional gun shots from people hunting and target shooting. These tractors and chain saws are annoying.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed May 01, 2019 12:19 pm

I lived on 300 acres for many years but due to circumstances out of my control we had to move back to the city.

Funnily enough there is more anonymity living in the city but I really do miss being able to get up and walk outside and not see any neighbours. Both have their pros and cons.

Even though I am back in the city I am close to a river and a national forest. Lots of trees around and lots of Cockatoos! This is what I hear every evening around dusk and this video does NOT do it justice. The noise in real time is much much louder!

Gordon

Post by Gordon » Wed May 01, 2019 12:27 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:37 pm
I think the last time I had a Bloody Mary was just before landing after being in the air all night. Very nice it was too.
I'd never think of a BM but I always have one on a long flight, along with 5mg of valium.

Gordon

Post by Gordon » Wed May 01, 2019 12:33 pm

brian ross wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:52 am
I was once advised by a senior medico in the Army that the best cure for a hangover is to consume at least a litre of water and a couple of aspirins before retiring the night before. The reason why people have a headache is because the alcohol dehydrates them. The water prevents that and the aspirins just make sure.

And no, it wasn't 'cause I had a hangover. One of my diggers did and I wanted to stop her from being charged (which is what would have happened if it had been discovered). His advice wasn't much use but it worked the next time the soldier went on a bender.
It's just alleviating symptoms. Ethanol is toxic and you have to wait for it to leave your system. Much better to drink plenty of water between drinks.