Day/Night Owls Chit Chat

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
BigP

Re: Day/Night Owls Chit Chat

Post by BigP » Wed May 27, 2020 1:34 pm

Texan wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 12:07 pm
I called into the doctor first thing this morning. They scheduled a video appointment. They didn't prescribe or suggest a thing and they wouldn't even guarantee me a covid19 test. I politely told them that it seems to be a waste of time calling them. They told me that tests are limited and someone above the doctor's office does triage for tests.
They told me to quarantine for 2 weeks and I told them that I had a family to support and until they verified that I had the disease, that I was going to support my family as soon as my symptoms disappeared. With my high fever and the fact that I'm an essential worker, the hospital called this afternoon and my test is scheduled for 1005 in the morning at a tent in the hospital parking lot. Sometimes you have to play hardball.
""at a tent in the hospital parking lot.""

WOW , you are getting a covid test at a tinny house,,

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed May 27, 2020 1:52 pm

Texan wrote:
I called into the doctor first thing this morning. They scheduled a video appointment. They didn't prescribe or suggest a thing and they wouldn't even guarantee me a covid19 test. I politely told them that it seems to be a waste of time calling them. They told me that tests are limited and someone above the doctor's office does triage for tests.
They told me to quarantine for 2 weeks and I told them that I had a family to support and until they verified that I had the disease, that I was going to support my family as soon as my symptoms disappeared. With my high fever and the fact that I'm an essential worker, the hospital called this afternoon and my test is scheduled for 1005 in the morning at a tent in the hospital parking lot. Sometimes you have to play hardball.
That's terrible but I am glad you are getting the test. I had one a couple of weeks ago with no problem at all. I just walked in and they tested me in minutes. It was negative and I assumed it would be because I didn't have a fever but that's not always an indication either apparently.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Wed May 27, 2020 2:15 pm

Texan wrote:

But I thought anyone could get a test if they wanted one - no questions?
Trump sort of said that.

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Wed May 27, 2020 2:57 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 1:52 pm
Texan wrote:
That's terrible but I am glad you are getting the test. I had one a couple of weeks ago with no problem at all. I just walked in and they tested me in minutes. It was negative and I assumed it would be because I didn't have a fever but that's not always an indication either apparently.
Thanks for the update. Good to here. :thumb
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

BigP

Post by BigP » Wed May 27, 2020 3:12 pm

Nom De Plume wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 2:57 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Texan wrote:
""Good to here.""

its great to hear as well :tease

Texan

Post by Texan » Wed May 27, 2020 3:35 pm

BigP wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 1:34 pm
Texan wrote:
""at a tent in the hospital parking lot.""

WOW , you are getting a covid test at a tinny house,,
It makes sense. No sense risking spreading this in a place full of sick people unless I am being admitted. I gave them a description of my car and they will give me the test without getting out. I'm sure my doctor will give me a follow up call with results.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed May 27, 2020 3:45 pm

I had two choices with the results here. I could hook up to an SMS thing where the nurse told me I would have to give them almost every detail of my life or I could wait three days and call another number where she said I may not even get through to talk to someone.

I'm a bit sick of the government wanting to know every detail of my life so I opted to call the other number in three days. I had no problem getting through and just had to give them my date of birth and name. My Doctor was a bit horrified at that thinking anyone could ring them but who would want to do that? lol

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed May 27, 2020 3:47 pm

Nom De Plume wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 2:57 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Texan wrote:
Sorry I thought I mentioned it at the time but apparently didn't. I almost wish it was CV then at least I would know what has been attacking me. As it stands they don't have a clue.

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Wed May 27, 2020 3:48 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 3:45 pm
I had two choices with the results here. I could hook up to an SMS thing where the nurse told me I would have to give them almost every detail of my life or I could wait three days and call another number where she said I may not even get through to talk to someone.

I'm a bit sick of the government wanting to know every detail of my life so I opted to call the other number in three days. I had no problem getting through and just had to give them my date of birth and name. My Doctor was a bit horrified at that thinking anyone could ring them but who would want to do that? lol
Hey BO...
Hows the public transport system going in Sydney ATM....nothing on the box positive or negative....
I suppose they have to keep the plebs in the dark......
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed May 27, 2020 3:59 pm

billy the kid wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 3:48 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 3:45 pm

Hey BO...
Hows the public transport system going in Sydney ATM....nothing on the box positive or negative....
I suppose they have to keep the plebs in the dark......
They have green circles on the seats but I have no idea if people are taking any notice of that and 11,000 cameras in place to catch out 'offenders'.

Town Hall station is apparently packed with both school kids and workers.

I read earlier that public transport is at capacity and they were going to stop the trains for 15-20 minutes. What is that going to do? Please tell me! :rofl

So all in all? It's a mess!