Day/Night Owls Chit Chat

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Black Orchid

Re: Day/Night Owls Chit Chat

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:27 pm

BigP wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:10 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:21 pm
How are you feeling Tex?

I'm starting to think the sickness I had was caused by a supplement I was taking. Gawd it almost killed me!
what supplement was that, Arsenic ?
LOL no! I fed it to myself so no outside tampering.

I was taking a few supplements but one I was taking is called Ashwagandha and that may or may not be the culprit. I stopped everything and am now too chicken to start introducing some again just in case. I would like to solve the mystery but that is outweighed by the fact that I don't want to feel like I am dying again.

BigP

Post by BigP » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:41 am

Black Orchid wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:27 pm
BigP wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:10 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:21 pm
How are you feeling Tex?

I'm starting to think the sickness I had was caused by a supplement I was taking. Gawd it almost killed me!
what supplement was that, Arsenic ?
LOL no! I fed it to myself so no outside tampering.

I was taking a few supplements but one I was taking is called Ashwagandha and that may or may not be the culprit. I stopped everything and am now too chicken to start introducing some again just in case. I would like to solve the mystery but that is outweighed by the fact that I don't want to feel like I am dying again.
""Indian ginseng, poison gooseberry, or winter cherry,""

Poison gooseberry ?

Texan

Post by Texan » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:54 am

I started back to work today. I had a normal work load and dragged my work tools about 2 miles through the corridors of a hospital and did fine. I'm just about back to normal. I've lost 10 lbs in the past 2 weeks even after becoming rehydrated. It wasn't an ideal start, but I'm planning on building on it. I need to lose another 40 lbs.

BigP

Post by BigP » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:54 am

Texan wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:54 am
I started back to work today. I had a normal work load and dragged my work tools about 2 miles through the corridors of a hospital and did fine. I'm just about back to normal. I've lost 10 lbs in the past 2 weeks even after becoming rehydrated. It wasn't an ideal start, but I'm planning on building on it. I need to lose another 40 lbs.
Good luck with that Tex, I hope you have more luck than I have with my many attempts to give up drinking lol

Texan

Post by Texan » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:29 am

I've been working almost 2 weeks and walking about 5 miles/day at work. I haven't had access to scales all week, but I've lost at least 22 lbs since before the gall bladder fiasco. 31 lbs to my goal of 199 lbs. I suspect I've lost another 3-4 lbs this week but can't confirm until I get home tomorrow.

Mrs. Texan was running errands around town with our 18 year old yesterday. They came across one of my son's friends from high school. He thought Mrs. Texan was my son's girlfriend. It has now happened with all 3 of our sons. She'll be 50 later this year. I think it's because I spoil her. She left today to babysit our granddaughter in KS this weekend. She called me for advice on which guns to take with her on the trip. Daughter in law is going out to celebrate her birthday with her friends.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:06 pm

My mother was pampered and always taken care of and always looked very young and fresh so I think you are probably right.

BigP

Post by BigP » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:12 pm

Texan wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:29 am
I've been working almost 2 weeks and walking about 5 miles/day at work. I haven't had access to scales all week, but I've lost at least 22 lbs since before the gall bladder fiasco. 31 lbs to my goal of 199 lbs. I suspect I've lost another 3-4 lbs this week but can't confirm until I get home tomorrow.

Mrs. Texan was running errands around town with our 18 year old yesterday. They came across one of my son's friends from high school. He thought Mrs. Texan was my son's girlfriend. It has now happened with all 3 of our sons. She'll be 50 later this year. I think it's because I spoil her. She left today to babysit our granddaughter in KS this weekend. She called me for advice on which guns to take with her on the trip. Daughter in law is going out to celebrate her birthday with her friends.
Guns are not popular here at the moment , It didnt help with that Aussie wanker coming over here and whacking 50 Muslims a while back. and today 2 cops were shot a mile from my place in west Auckland, ones dead and the other was left looking like a colander, poor bastards, when these clowns bag the police they forget what a dangerous thankless job these guys do..

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:51 pm

BigP wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:12 pm
Texan wrote:

Guns are not popular here at the moment , It didnt help with that Aussie wanker coming over here and whacking 50 Muslims a while back. and today 2 cops were shot a mile from my place in west Auckland, ones dead and the other was left looking like a colander, poor bastards, when these clowns bag the police they forget what a dangerous thankless job these guys do..

I hope they find who did it and
hang em and hang em high.

Texan

Post by Texan » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:21 pm

BigP wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:12 pm
Texan wrote:

Policing is a thankless job at times. They are expected to protect us while they have a target on their backs from criminals and now the left.

In Texas, civilians kill more criminals through justifiable homicide than the police. As under fire as the police are, I expect the trend to continue. Texas has over 1.5M civilians with a license to carry a concealed handgun. They have all been background checked, proven their proficiency, and been trained on the legal use of deadly force. Mrs Texan and I also have a lawyer on retainer should we ever have to use our guns in self defense.

Texas keeps statistics on crimes committed by CHL holders. They commit crimes at a rate about 12 times less than the average Texan.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:46 pm

I wouldn't want to be a cop now for anything. It is a thankless job.

Look at CHOP, formerly known as CHAZ. It's a violent and ugly slum for the deranged and the leftists want things that way. It's just a haven for assault, rape and murder without having to be accountable.

Their leftist leaders need to be tossed over the graffitied fence and locked in.