Quoting

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Hebe

Quoting

Post by Hebe » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:39 am

Sorry to post this here. I couldn’t find an answer. How do you quote selectively from a previous post, so that the bits you post appear in yellow? Do you highlight them and then do something else? I used to be able to do it on a PC but now I’m using an ipad. Sorry to be so dumb. It’s been a long time.
The better I get to know people, the more I find myself loving dogs.

Texan

Re: Quoting

Post by Texan » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:36 pm

Hebe wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:39 am
Sorry to post this here. I couldn’t find an answer. How do you quote selectively from a previous post, so that the bits you post appear in yellow? Do you highlight them and then do something else? I used to be able to do it on a PC but now I’m using an ipad. Sorry to be so dumb. It’s been a long time.
You click on the " button next to the ! button in the upper right corner of a post. It will quote the entire post and you can follow with your own comment. My old Ipad mini is about to bite the dust. It's about 12 years old.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:52 pm

What Tex said re the quoting.

We don't have 'highlight' (yellow) here. If you want to emphasise part of a post make it bold by highlighting the part of the text you wish to emphasise and then hit B top left. Or you can go one step further by making it bold and using a larger font for said part you are trying to highlight.

Oh and welcome back Hebe.

Hebe

Post by Hebe » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:04 pm

Thank you both. :)
The better I get to know people, the more I find myself loving dogs.