Why are these countries worst affected?

All things Health (including Viruses like Covid)
sprintcyclist

Why are these countries worst affected?

Post by sprintcyclist » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:17 am

Spain, Italy, Belgium, France, Holland, Switzerland, UK, Luxembourg, Sweden, Ireland.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

They have the most deaths per head of population.
I thought they are pretty wealthy healthy countries?
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Black Orchid

Re: Why are these countries worst affected?

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:31 pm

Tens of thousands of Chinese labourers work in Italy and were flying in and out. 300,000 Chinese nationals live there that come and go just like they do here. Maybe that's the same with them all?

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:18 pm

Why is USA becoming the worst infected?

It has Trump as POTUS who is a dill!

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Closed the border to Chinese, only trouble is New York was infected by Europeans apparently

But dont worry it will all be over in a few weeks!

MORON !

(With all due respect to our American members and BO (the closet American))

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:03 pm

Talk about dills! :roll:

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:00 pm

Various countries throughout the world have taken differing approaches to the virus....The
USA has 50 states...can you imagine Morrison trying to co-ordinate a virus defence with 50 states....
Each state has its own political agenda...New York has a population of 19 million...
I read somewhere once that there are about 400 different sub cultures in NY...someone
correct me if Im wrong...Im working off memory here....try to get them all to conform to social distancing etc...
All the heavily populated countries will be hard hit...
When the world became aware of the virus, I noticed in about the middle of January on the US section of another forum
a distinct air of complacency among Americans...almost as though...its in China..who gives a flying fig....
There was only maybe one or two threads on the topic, with very few comments....
I think when the shit hit the fan in Italy, the world started to realize that this was serious.....too late.....
We are an island...we have been lucky...flights to Australia could have been suspended earlier....
The Ruby Princess was/is a debacle...we should have learnt from the Diamond Princess fiasco....we didn't....
But I digress......
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:32 pm

Yes we are lucky we are an island and I agree flights should have been suspended much much earlier but we seem to be doing well.

The problem is that once things start to look good we will need to buckle down a bit longer or it could flare up again.

The US is also doing well considering the pushback from their Democratic states. I read a denigrating and biased ABC article the other day whinging about the US. It said they had more cases than Italy, Spain and the UK put together like that was a shocking thing and all the fault of Trump. They failed to say that the US has double the population of those 3 countries combined and also has a third of the deaths.

China still claims their death rate is 2 per million. Ummmm BS!! :b

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:05 pm

:thumb
I just hope that the various state governments don't listen too much to the bleating from various
media sources, calling for plans for an early exit, and lifting of various restrictions...
Qld, for example have already legislated for tenants on the bones of their arse to get up to $500
per week rent paid for four weeks...they have also advised that their border lockdown pass runs out
at midnight tomorrow night and a new pass with more severe restrictions will now have to be applied for....
It would be a hell of a gamble by a state premier at the moment to lift restrictions bit by bit....just to appease the media...
All the numbers suggest we are flattening the curve etc....
I cant see this lasting for six months....not even three.....
My ballpark estimate is that state premiers may start to relax restrictions eg let people go fishing in maybe
the middle of May...just an opinion...
Of course this becomes a conundrum when we compare lightly and heavily populated areas....
Can you lift restrictions in the country but not in Sydney...remembering there were cases recently in Inverell,
of all places.....
Can you lift restrictions for various businesses and not others....
How do they take the gamble out of the decision to lift restrictions.....
You don't make the decision....you wait...but for how long....
The Police can only enforce the laws that the people are prepared to accept..then they revolt...
In breaking news Don Harwin MP has offered his resignation...good..all we need now is for the other muppet,
the Minister for Health to fall on his sword..... :rofl
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:21 pm

Don Harwin handing in his resignation should put more pressure on Brad Hazzard to do the right thing. He put people at risk and cost lives! Out of the two of them it's Hazzard who should be resigning!

Gordon

Post by Gordon » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:19 pm

Redneck wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:18 pm

Closed the border to Chinese, only trouble is New York was infected by Europeans apparently

MORON !

Blaming Trump is an easy way to explain it.
NY is one of the most densely populated places on earth + huge air traffic + they all use public transport.
It was a disaster waiting to happen.

BTW, left leaning news papers were playing it down MORE than Trump after the China ban.

BTW2, most EU countries are worse than USA in case load, deaths and testing per capita.

BTW3, we're only doing well because we're an Island.

cods

Post by cods » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:47 am

Redneck wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:18 pm

MORON !

HOW DID THE EUROPEANS GET IT RED???

just wondering!