Booster vaccination

All things Health (including Viruses like Covid)
Prime Minister for Canyons

Re: Booster vaccination

Post by Prime Minister for Canyons » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:30 am

If only Lisa there was a way for you to have some form of protection that develops in your immune system that allows you to go outside and have interactions knowing that 1) your chances of contracting COVID are lower and 2) if you do get it, the symptomology will be less severe

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:34 pm

lisa jones wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:54 am
• Still totally unvaccinated here.

• Still basically in lockdown ( my choice as I don't like the look of those daily Covid19 numbers I'm seeing on TV ).

• Still don't know anyone who has had Covid19.

• Hubby is about to get his 3rd shot. He's had 2 Pfizer shots. (He like many others needs his vaccine passport for work).

• All our neighbours reckon (and we agree) that the current Covid19 situation across all states is a test run to see what the relevant Covid19 stats look like before another enforced lockdown. So they're playing it safe by wearing masks/hand sanitizing/limiting their travel/doing everything they can online. These people are basically doing what I'm doing. But they're double jabbed. 😳
My son is also unvaccinated and working from home. I was helping him do his xmas shopping the other day, as he couldn't access the shops he wanted.. so I went in for him. We were at bayside shopping complex and what I found rather odd was that my son was allowed to eat in the the covered eatery, but he couldn't eat in the outside café.

Anyway, take care of yourself... I'm taking vit D and zinc daily even though I am fully vaxed.

I hope you all realize that it is predicted that everyone will become infected, putting a huge pressure on our systems and infrastructure... thousands of workers will be off in quarantine as dictated by the current rules... so expect services to be significantly disrupted over the next few months.

Still, the good news is this Omicron variant ain't so bad and does mark the beginning of the end of Covid pandemic.
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

northofnorth

Post by northofnorth » Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:42 pm

I don't believe this will end any time soon.

It's becoming more probable that omicron will slow or stop the reopening of nations within the next few weeks if not the next two months.

If current vaccination stats can be trusted (and that vaccination does slow mutation rates), the next variant is likely to be first detected in southern or central Africa.

I would not be surprised if we are still dealing with covid this time in 2024.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:01 pm

northofnorth wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:42 pm

It's becoming more probable that omicron will slow or stop the reopening of nations within the next few weeks if not the next two months.

If current vaccination stats can be trusted (and that vaccination does slow mutation rates), the next variant is likely to be first detected in southern or central Africa.

I agree with about all of that
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:58 pm

northofnorth wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:42 pm

The beginning of the end is still the beginning. And given that this is global, it makes sense that it will take about a year to move though populations... giving everyone it touches, immunity.

However the disruptions will be epic.

Even if another covid presents, it will be presenting to populations that have natural immunity, due to omicron.

northofnorth

Post by northofnorth » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:45 pm

Nom De Plume wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:58 pm
Even if another covid presents, it will be presenting to populations that have natural immunity, due to omicron.
The full impact of omicron is not yet known.

It's impossible to know the virulence of a variant after omicron.

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:03 am

northofnorth wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:45 pm
Nom De Plume wrote:

True, but at least it is not a naive population. they will have antibodies to protect them.

northofnorth

Post by northofnorth » Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:15 am

Nom De Plume wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:03 am
northofnorth wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:45 pm
Nom De Plume wrote:

True, but at least it is not a naive population. they will have antibodies to protect them.
And that pot will likely need to simmer for another 2+ years.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:22 am

I got the Moderna one today

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:24 pm

sprintcyclist wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:22 am
I got the Moderna one today
Wow , this is the real deal.
I had side effects after my pfizer vaccination too.
this is like the flu