Americans 'do not know....'

Sciences, Environmental/Climate issues, Academia and Technical interests
Super Nova

Re: Americans 'do not know....'

Post by Super Nova » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:24 pm

Rorschach wrote:You cannot be serious...
12345 sex...
fush n chups

no Australian speaks like that.
Yep. happened 2 days ago again.

They cannot tell the difference.
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

boxy

Post by boxy » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:25 pm

Rorschach wrote:You cannot be serious...
12345 sex...
fush n chups

no Australian speaks like that.
It's not that they cant tell the difference... it's that they don't care about the difference.
"But you will run your fluffy bunny mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:06 pm

I suppose it was only a matter of time that the racist and unintelligent people of the US (who are white) start to blame race and a black president for all their problems.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... erica.html

The KKK are recruiting now.

Ku Klux Klan on new recruitment drive with leaflet drop in towns across America

Residents wake up to find fliers declaring “The KKK wants you” as hatred of Obama and immigration fuels rise in white supremacy

Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:22 pm

To be fair if you call something like this a "documentary" how some people might believe it is all true. Geocentric theory that the sun revolves around the Earth is so bloody stupid what do these people take for drugs. I want some.

Star Trek is more a documentary than this.

Kate Mulgrew duped into geocentric documentary voiceover

The ex-Star Trek actress has reacted to the uproar caused by her involvement in a documentary supporting the geocentric theory that the sun revolves around the Earth

Kate Mulgrew, aka Captain Janeway from Star Trek: Voyager, has claimed that she was tricked into taking part in new geocentric documentary The Principle, which promotes the long discredited theory that the sun in fact revolves around the Earth.

A trailer for the controversial documentary, produced by Catholic apologist Robert Sungenis, begins with a voiceover from Mulgrew: “Everything we think we know about our universe is wrong.”

Mulgrew, who currently stars as Red in Netflix prison drama Orange is the New Black, posted an explanation on her Facebook page: "I am not a geocentrist, nor am I in any way a proponent of geocentrism. More importantly, I do not subscribe to anything Robert Sungenis has written regarding science and history and, had I known of his involvement, would most certainly have avoided this documentary."

“I was a voice for hire, and a misinformed one, at that. I apologise for any confusion that my voice on this trailer may have caused," she added.

Prominent scientist Lawrence Krauss claims he too was misrepresented in the documentary.

<noframe>Twitter: Lawrence Krauss - For all who asked: Some clips of me apparently were mined for movie on geocentricism. So stupid does disservice to word nonsense. Ignore it.</noframe>

In an article for online magazine Slate he said: “The notion that anyone in the 21st century could take seriously the notion that the sun orbits the Earth, or that the Earth is the centre of the universe, is almost unbelievable.”

He also explained his reluctance to sue the documentary-makers because “it would elevate the profile of something that shouldn’t even rise to the level of popular discussion”.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/star ... eover.html