Alien DNA?

Sciences, Environmental/Climate issues, Academia and Technical interests
Black Orchid

Alien DNA?

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:49 am

The oceans of our planet hide countless mysteries that could perhaps help answer numerous mysteries of life itself. During the last couple of decades, marine biologists have made small but steady progress towards a deeper understanding of nature and life.

A group of researchers decided to do some science and chose the cephalopods in order to try and break down their DNA code, hoping to understand them better.

The octopus, squid, and cuttlefish are integrated into the coleoid sub-class of the molluscs. They have an evolutionary history that goes back over 500 million years, a period long before plants moved onto land. These creatures inhabit nearly every single ocean at almost any depth.

They are mainly characterized by a vast range of incredible morphological wrinkles: camera-like eyes, really flexible bodies, and ‘sophisticated’ chameleonic response. All of this is ruled by the larger nervous system found among invertebrates, which makes these beings the rulers of the oceans.

They possess highly developed brains and are considered as the most intelligent invertebrate demonstrating elaborate problem-solving behaviours. And ss if it wasn’t freaky enough for octopuses to open up jam jars, scientists have just concluded that these aquatic creatures are even more mysterious.

Thanks to the first-ever full genome sequence, researchers have found that octopuses (NOT Octopi) are in fact entirely different from any other animals on our planet. Their genome shows a never-before-seen level of complexity with a staggering 33,000 protein-coding genes identified, more than in a human being.

US researcher Dr. Clifton Ragsdale, from the University of Chicago, said: The octopus appears to be utterly different from all other animals, even other molluscs, with its eight prehensile arms, its large brain, and its clever problem-solving abilities.
http://www.ancient-code.com/scientists- ... his-world/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FLEKTARN

Re: Alien DNA?

Post by FLEKTARN » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:37 pm

Where can I buy the same LED strip?
The one that says the least can often have a very different perspective and hold the answer. The least qualified person may hold the most wisdom. When you don’t have knowledge or experience blocking your perspective, you can see problems and solutions.

BigP

Post by BigP » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:49 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:49 am
The oceans of our planet hide countless mysteries that could perhaps help answer numerous mysteries of life itself. During the last couple of decades, marine biologists have made small but steady progress towards a deeper understanding of nature and life.

A group of researchers decided to do some science and chose the cephalopods in order to try and break down their DNA code, hoping to understand them better.

The octopus, squid, and cuttlefish are integrated into the coleoid sub-class of the molluscs. They have an evolutionary history that goes back over 500 million years, a period long before plants moved onto land. These creatures inhabit nearly every single ocean at almost any depth.

They are mainly characterized by a vast range of incredible morphological wrinkles: camera-like eyes, really flexible bodies, and ‘sophisticated’ chameleonic response. All of this is ruled by the larger nervous system found among invertebrates, which makes these beings the rulers of the oceans.

They possess highly developed brains and are considered as the most intelligent invertebrate demonstrating elaborate problem-solving behaviours. And ss if it wasn’t freaky enough for octopuses to open up jam jars, scientists have just concluded that these aquatic creatures are even more mysterious.

Thanks to the first-ever full genome sequence, researchers have found that octopuses (NOT Octopi) are in fact entirely different from any other animals on our planet. Their genome shows a never-before-seen level of complexity with a staggering 33,000 protein-coding genes identified, more than in a human being.

US researcher Dr. Clifton Ragsdale, from the University of Chicago, said: The octopus appears to be utterly different from all other animals, even other molluscs, with its eight prehensile arms, its large brain, and its clever problem-solving abilities.
http://www.ancient-code.com/scientists- ... his-world/
Their downfall is they dont live long enough to pass their knowledge to their offspring

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:38 pm

I have know about the intelligence of Octupi now for several decades. I used to like eating Octupi but now refuse to because of that intelligence. After having seen video of an Octopus leaving it's tank, crossing an Aquarium floor, entering another tank and eating the fish it contained and then leaving that tank and going back to it's original tank, there is no doubt in my mind that they are nearly as intelligent as many primates.
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

freediver

Post by freediver » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:46 pm

I expect someone would have noticed by now if they had alien DNA.

IQS.RLOW

Post by IQS.RLOW » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:00 am

brian ross wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:38 pm
I have know about the intelligence of Octupi now for several decades. I used to like eating Octupi but now refuse to because of that intelligence. After having seen video of an Octopus leaving it's tank, crossing an Aquarium floor, entering another tank and eating the fish it contained and then leaving that tank and going back to it's original tank, there is no doubt in my mind that they are nearly as intelligent as many primates.
It's possible that they share your DNA Bri Bri, given you are nearly as intelligent as many primates.
That they also lack a spine is a dead giveaway.
Quote by Aussie: I was a long term dead beat, wife abusing, drunk, black Muslim, on the dole for decades prison escapee having been convicted of paedophilia

BigP

Post by BigP » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:38 am

freediver wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:46 pm
Aussie is more likely to have alien DNA than your humble squid

FLEKTARN

Post by FLEKTARN » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:27 pm

BigP wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:38 am
freediver wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:46 pm
Aussie is more likely to have alien DNA than your humble squid
Then it must be a very retarded alien
The one that says the least can often have a very different perspective and hold the answer. The least qualified person may hold the most wisdom. When you don’t have knowledge or experience blocking your perspective, you can see problems and solutions.

Valkie

Post by Valkie » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:30 pm

brian ross wrote:
Of course you have
And I'll bet you led the research and discovered the DNA

Keep going bwyannnnnnn
you will be the God that gave birth to the world.
I have a dream
A world free from the plague of Islam
A world that has never known the horrors of the cult of death.
My hope is that in time, Islam will be nothing but a bad dream

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:13 pm

Valkie wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:30 pm
brian ross wrote:
Of course you have
And I'll bet you led the research and discovered the DNA

Keep going bwyannnnnnn
you will be the God that gave birth to the world.

If you add it up - Brian really has very minor scholastic achievements -
I mean he didn't study engineering or medicine -
it was all arty farty stuff.
He's a legend in his own mind.
I'd like to slaughter him in a few chess games.