Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:15 pm
Bobby wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:39 pm
Texan wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:37 am
Bobby wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:34 am

It sounds to me like she's conning you to get back with you
by using the furniture as an excuse to hang around and try her luck.
That is her motive, but it won't work. I made that clear last week and she signed the agreement. All that is left is for my lawyer to draw up the final documents for my signature and to get it before a judge.

I know a guy who was in your situation.
His wife is still living in his house 15 years after they were divorced.
She eventually had nowhere to go owing to her uncontrolled alcoholism.
No one wanted her but somehow the law prevented him from throwing her out on the street.
The cops bring her back and make him take her in -
there is no state accommodation for her - the Govt. doesn't want to know about it.
I don't understand it as she still drinks and goes into tantrums and has driven him crazy.
He even fears for his safety when she's drunk as she can do anything.
My wife gets a $110k and her truck as a parting gift when we part ways. She'll be on her own. She's a pretty girl. She'll find someone to use or vice-versa.

The best you can do is find another place that she doesn't know about because she'll
burn through that money and be back on your door step.
She will have no claim to me or my property. I could call the police and get a restraining order to keep her away if needed. The divorce will be complete and final

She is an adult with the same rights and responsibilities as me. She can keep a job and take care of herself.

Bobby

Re: You are what you think about

Post by Bobby » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:53 pm

Texan wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:42 pm
Bobby wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:17 pm
Texan wrote:
Bobby wrote:
Texan wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:37 am

That is her motive, but it won't work. I made that clear last week and she signed the agreement. All that is left is for my lawyer to draw up the final documents for my signature and to get it before a judge.

No one wanted her but somehow the law prevented him from throwing her out on the street.
there is no state accommodation for her - the Govt. doesn't want to know about it.
I don't understand it as she still drinks and goes into tantrums and has driven him crazy.
My wife gets a $110k and her truck as a parting gift when we part ways. She'll be on her own. She's a pretty girl. She'll find someone to use or vice-versa.

The best you can do is find another place that she doesn't know about because she'll
She will have no claim to me or my property. I could call the police and get a restraining order to keep her away if needed. The divorce will be complete and final

She is an adult with the same rights and responsibilities as me. She can keep a job and take care of herself.

There is some law here that says you can't throw someone out on the street
if they have nowhere to go.
My mate got trapped by it.
It was also to do with the fact he was her ex husband and
has a duty to protect her which lasts for a lifetime just like alimony payments.
I don't understand it.

Texan

Post by Texan » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:57 pm

Bobby wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:53 pm
Texan wrote:
Bobby wrote:
Texan wrote:
Bobby wrote:

has a duty to protect her which lasts for a lifetime just like alimony payments.
I don't understand it.
The judge won't let me leave her destitute, but I'm leaving her with a substantial amount of money and she is able bodied and capable of working just like me. I don't have a safety net. Women demanded equal rights and they also get the responsibilities that come with those rights.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:02 pm

Texan wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:57 pm
Bobby wrote:
Texan wrote:
Bobby wrote:
Texan wrote:

I don't understand it.
The judge won't let me leave her destitute, but I'm leaving her with a substantial amount of money and she is able bodied and capable of working just like me. I don't have a safety net. Women demanded equal rights and they also get the responsibilities that come with those rights.

You're lucky - if she was an alcoholic or a crack addict or a heroin junky
she'd be like a monkey on your back forever.

Texan

Post by Texan » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:07 pm

Bobby wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:02 pm
Texan wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:57 pm
Bobby wrote:
Texan wrote:
Bobby wrote:

I don't understand it.

You're lucky - if she was an alcoholic or a crack addict or a heroin junky
she'd be like a monkey on your back forever.
Not in America, and especially Texas. The most I could ever be on the hook for is 20% of my income for 10 years. Her adultery erased that. Texas has "at fault " divorce that weighs the settlement against the at fault party.
Last edited by Texan on Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:10 pm

Bobby wrote:
Texan wrote:
Bobby wrote:
Texan wrote:
Bobby wrote:

I don't understand it.
There is no law where people have a duty of care for life to an ex spouse that I have ever heard of.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:27 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:10 pm
Bobby wrote:
Texan wrote:
Bobby wrote:
Texan wrote:

I don't understand it.
There is no law where people have a duty of care for life to an ex spouse that I have ever heard of.
I have.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:30 pm

Texan wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:46 am
I've been consumed with my divorce for the past 4 months. Protecting myself and getting revenge where legal and ethical has ruled my life lately. My wife comes over several times per week to pack boxes and move things to storage. She has been living with her sister. She is desperate for me to take her back, but I have been watching her actions and reading her phone and text logs for the past 4 months and I can't trust her if I even wanted to. The divorce is almost final and I'm coming out of this situation great. I look forward to my prospects. My friends respect me and I'm saving huge money by divorcing. My sons are very protective of me and have defended me several times when talking to my wife. I told my sons that she didn't cheat on them and to leave my defense to me. I have this under control.

What has peaked my concern is that I almost made her cry yesterday during a conversation about our sons. I felt a glimmer of satisfaction when she teared up and her voice quivered. I've always been a nice "live and let live" kind of guy. I've never taken pleasure in someone else's misfortune, except when criminals get what they deserve. I guess it bothers me now because I spent 30 years loving this woman and giving her everything I am. She betrayed me and there is no going back anytime soon, but I still feel guilty about it because I've never felt this way about someone I know. I'll be glad when this is over and I can move to another place and put her behind me.

I'm not trying to take over this thread. I'm just noticing that I think about revenge often and I don't like living like this.
Divorce is one of the 5 biggest stressful times of a persons life.
I did a course on it :-)

You have every right to think bad thoughts. She has wronged you.
Forgive yourself. Exhale. Get to know the new you. It takes time
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Texan

Post by Texan » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:21 pm

sprintcyclist wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:30 pm
Texan wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:46 am
I've been consumed with my divorce for the past 4 months. Protecting myself and getting revenge where legal and ethical has ruled my life lately. My wife comes over several times per week to pack boxes and move things to storage. She has been living with her sister. She is desperate for me to take her back, but I have been watching her actions and reading her phone and text logs for the past 4 months and I can't trust her if I even wanted to. The divorce is almost final and I'm coming out of this situation great. I look forward to my prospects. My friends respect me and I'm saving huge money by divorcing. My sons are very protective of me and have defended me several times when talking to my wife. I told my sons that she didn't cheat on them and to leave my defense to me. I have this under control.

What has peaked my concern is that I almost made her cry yesterday during a conversation about our sons. I felt a glimmer of satisfaction when she teared up and her voice quivered. I've always been a nice "live and let live" kind of guy. I've never taken pleasure in someone else's misfortune, except when criminals get what they deserve. I guess it bothers me now because I spent 30 years loving this woman and giving her everything I am. She betrayed me and there is no going back anytime soon, but I still feel guilty about it because I've never felt this way about someone I know. I'll be glad when this is over and I can move to another place and put her behind me.

I'm not trying to take over this thread. I'm just noticing that I think about revenge often and I don't like living like this.
Divorce is one of the 5 biggest stressful times of a persons life.
I did a course on it :-)

You have every right to think bad thoughts. She has wronged you.
Forgive yourself. Exhale. Get to know the new you. It takes time
I'm stuck in this situation for now, but when it's done and I leave this city. I intend to concentrate on being productive and taking up a fun hobby. I'm thinking of building up a Jeep for overlanding and joining a Jeep club to do group outings. Maybe I'll meet someone there.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:39 pm

Bobby wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:27 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:10 pm
Bobby wrote:
Texan wrote:
Bobby wrote:

I don't understand it.
I have.
Can you cite it? I think someone is having a lend of you.