Socks

Have a chat here and this is also where you start Petitions. Current election Threads will also be here. Some old election Threads are also here.
Jovial Monk

Socks

Post by Jovial Monk » Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:39 pm

After Demi had to be put down I did not dare get another dog—could not risk a puppy tripping Mum up. Earlier this month I looked on the Lonsdale RSPCA shelter—two female English Staffordshire terriers available, also one other puppy. Made a booking to visit there the next day. Oops, the next day I rocked up to find one staffy had been adopted and the other was being adopted. Drat!

That left the other puppy—a staghound cross. Staghound?

Staghounds were created by mating a greyhound with a Scottish deerhound—two dogs that course using sight, not track using smell that Demi did so well. Long legged, clever and eager to please their owner. Well, I thought “You wanted a puppy, here is a puppy” so I adopted “Stormy.” Looking at her front feet—they were white, suggesting socks so I called her Socks.

While I wanted a dog so I would do more walking, Socks can only be walked for like 20 minutes a day else she might get hip dypslasia where the ball on the femur does not go properly into the socket on the hip. Oh well.

Staghounds are not lurchers but are called long dogs—dogs formed by a cross between two sight coursing breeds of dog.

Took Socks to the vet the next week, Socks just bursting with health.

Socks is doing really well at the dog obedience club—learns fast. Demi was much more difficult, terriers want to do their own thing, not at all anxious about what their owners want them to do.

For some info re the breed: https://petreferred.com/the-australian-staghound/

Jovial Monk

Re: Socks

Post by Jovial Monk » Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:40 pm

This was a couple weekends ago:

Heh, nice day today.

Loaded dog into the car and headed to fave niece’s place where my fave greatniece lives. They have a desexed male miniature pinscher called Rocky. Rocky wasn’t happy another dog invaded ITS house. Rocky wasn’t happy the invader was a puppy. Grrrrowls were the order of the day. Socks is MUCH taller than little Rocky, much faster etc.

Eventually I noticed Rocky would have settled down but MY fucking dog was baiting it :rofl At one stage Socks did a 3 metre lateral leap and Rocky clearly was thinking “WTF? I can’t do that!”

My niece had bought something for Socks, a ball throwing stick and a squeaky toy. Very nice.

On the way home I had a thought—rare I know. Rang younger sis and changed my journey to call past her house. She has a very old, deaf, male Jack Russell. Socks was so gentle with that old mutt, no baiting etc. Nice! I have a heap of home grown tomatoes I will make tomato soup with. Also a box of homegrown greengage plums. Will stew them tomorrow and either preserve of just freeze some, depends on quantity.

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:44 pm

Since Socks is a coursing dog will enter her in the fun event next month: https://www.adelaidelurecoursing.com/upcoming-events

As a puppy she will just course a 100m straight course. Tell you what, she can fucking run FAST!

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:46 pm

Last Friday:

Did a bit of throwing the ball for the dog. She will be a fast runner but ATM she does this bunny hop now and then that slows her down and makes me laugh! She how she goes in the Apr 10th Puppy lure coursing event.

Hound had her first bath today—I nearly got as wet as her. She didn’t like the bath :rofl :rofl :rofl

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:48 pm

Here is Socks:

She is lying in what was an old dog bed a sister gave me. VERY OLD dogbed

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:49 pm

It was this sort of thread that Booby trolled, got warned, got banned from my MRB then warned again then banned from Ozpol.

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:04 pm

This topic reminds me of your blog.
I would rather die than sell my heart and soul to an online forum Anti Christ like you Monk

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:04 pm

I no longer have a blog, Larry, after I am settled in Tassie I will start one again.

My blog on my hip replacement operation was read avidly by surgeons, nurses and people facing such an operation. Hopefully helped some.

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:31 am

The mundane monologues continue .....😴
I would rather die than sell my heart and soul to an online forum Anti Christ like you Monk

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:35 am

AND I am talking about something real, Larry, not like your obviously fake stories.