mosques closed down

America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
sprintcyclist

mosques closed down

Post by sprintcyclist » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:15 pm

On Friday, the Austrian government announced that it plans to close down seven mosques and potentially expel about 60 imams from the country.

The announcement, which was made by Chancellor Sebastian Kurz, is rooted in a 2015 law that requires Muslim organizations to express a “positive fundamental view towards [the] state and society” of Austria, and bans foreign funding of religious institutions. “Political Islam’s parallel societies and radicalizing tendencies have no place in our country,” said Kurz at a press conference. His vice chancellor, Heinz-Christian Strache, added ominously, “This is just the beginning.”
https://www.vox.com/2018/6/8/17442240/a ... 8zhIbkatEA
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Valkie

Re: mosques closed down

Post by Valkie » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:17 pm

We can only dream
I have a dream
A world free from the plague of Islam
A world that has never known the horrors of the cult of death.
My hope is that in time, Islam will be nothing but a bad dream

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:22 pm

There are more mosques in Sydney than there are churches. I really do not see the need for more and more weekly. You can't help but wonder what they are being used for, or what is their intended use in the future.

They must be expecting a whole lot more people around to fill them.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:26 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:22 pm
There are more mosques in Sydney than there are churches. I really do not see the need for more and more weekly. You can't help but wonder what they are being used for, or what is their intended use in the future.

Or they are here now. There many Mosques but all the existing Mosques are small in capacity, Black Orchid. There are more Mosques than Churches 'cause there are fewer and fewer observant Christians. Australia is becoming an increasingly secular society, where church going has been relegated to the place it belongs. At the present moment, approximately 25% of Christian Australians regularly attend church. For Muslims, the number is about 40% who attend Mosques regularly, despite what you and all the other Islamophobes might believe. :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:43 pm

brian ross wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:26 pm
Black Orchid wrote:

There many Mosques but all the existing Mosques are small in capacity, Black Orchid.
What BS as usual. Maybe in podunk in WA but not where I was talking about :roll:

I wonder what you call large or even medium sized capacity? Both of the above are within a few short kilometres of each other with many many more 'smaller capacity' in between. :roll:

You talk a lot of nonsense Brian.

Outlaw Yogi

Post by Outlaw Yogi » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:55 pm

In the mid 90s I had a business at Chollora so I moved to Condell Park (next to Bankstown) to avoid traffic and do my own security.
The local rag kept running articles about an illegal (unapproved by council) mosque.
One night I went to have a look and see for myself what the fuss was about, so took my dog for a walk.
Just after entering this street a whit van with 3 grumpy looking wogs in the front gave me a dirty look while going in the opposite direction.
As I walked along this street I saw an East Asian (probably Vietnamese) man removing an item (suit case I think) from the boot of a car in a house front yard.
When I got to the culdesac end of the street butting up against the rail way line I let my dog sniff and urinate along the rail way chain wire fence and saw the Mozzies had 2 suburban blocks, 1 with a house converted into a mosque and the other demolished for a car park.
While standing in the street the white van with the 3 territorial wogs returned, pulled up beside me and the driver asked "What are you doing?" .. I replied "Walking my dog, what are you doing?" .. he answered "This is our street". I told him "This is my country".
He said "Yes, now leave". I replied "No, you leave".
My 40kg Shepherd X Cattle dog then stood up on his hind legs and stuck his head in the driver's window, and the wog was visibly intimidated ... which is fair enough 'coz they were there to intimidate me, but I stood my ground.
Then they drove away mumbling something inaudible.

20 odd years later this place is a legit mosque where some Islamic State volunteers got their indoctrination.

When I am dictator all mosques will be converted into bacon factories. :P
If Donald Trump is so close to the Ruskis, why couldn't he get Vladimir Putin to put novichok in Xi Jjinping's lipstick?

Outlaw Yogi

Post by Outlaw Yogi » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:04 pm

Top photo above (mosque with dome) looks like the one at Auburn ... it's enormous when you see it in real life.

In the early 90s it (Auburn mosque) sat half finished for ages, with the dome corroding to a copper carbonate green.
Years later I found out some mischievous characters stole 2 pigs from out near Leppington, took them to the mosque and cut the pigs throats so their blood sprayed up the wall with the sponsor plaques on it.
Work on the mosque stopped for 2 years 'coz the Mozzies wouldn't go in there.
If Donald Trump is so close to the Ruskis, why couldn't he get Vladimir Putin to put novichok in Xi Jjinping's lipstick?

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:07 pm

Black Orchid wrote:

Well they breed like friggin rabbits! :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:34 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:43 pm
brian ross wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:

There many Mosques but all the existing Mosques are small in capacity, Black Orchid.
What BS as usual. Maybe in podunk in WA but not where I was talking about :roll:

I wonder what you call large or even medium sized capacity? Both of the above are within a few short kilometres of each other with many many more 'smaller capacity' in between. :roll:

Really? I'm sure you could a hundred thousand Muslims in just two Mosques, in your weird eyed view of the universe, Black Orchid. Out here, in the real world, most Mosques are small, non-discript little buildings, often suburban sheds or houses. Funny that... :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:42 pm

brian ross wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:34 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:43 pm
brian ross wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:

Really? I'm sure you could fit? a hundred thousand Muslims in just two Mosques, in your weird eyed view of the universe, Black Orchid. Out here, in the real world, most Mosques are small, non-discript little buildings, often suburban sheds or houses. Funny that... :roll:
No, they would be called musallas and now occupy most old scout halls and community centres here.

You really have absolutely no idea what you are talking about and who the hell is talking about trying to fit (I assume you meant fitting them in?) a hundred thousand muslims into two mosques?

Brian go and take your medication and come back when you have an inkling of an idea about what you are typing.