NETFLIX...

Discuss Movies, TV, Music and general entertainment here
FLEKTARN

Re: NETFLIX...

Post by FLEKTARN » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:04 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:47 pm
Oooops yes you are right. I can't even remember what happened in season 2 so how can I be expected to remember that? :rofl

Got ahead of myself.

Tell me when you download the Avengers so I delete it from my Cloud.
The one that says the least can often have a very different perspective and hold the answer. The least qualified person may hold the most wisdom. When you don’t have knowledge or experience blocking your perspective, you can see problems and solutions.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:44 pm

It's okay thanks. I am going to see it at the movies as I haven't been to the movies for ages. I need the big tub of popcorn experience as it isn't the same at home. :lol:

FLEKTARN

Post by FLEKTARN » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:26 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:44 pm
It's okay thanks. I am going to see it at the movies as I haven't been to the movies for ages. I need the big tub of popcorn experience as it isn't the same at home. :lol:
Okey. What is the price for a 3D or IMAX ticket there?
The one that says the least can often have a very different perspective and hold the answer. The least qualified person may hold the most wisdom. When you don’t have knowledge or experience blocking your perspective, you can see problems and solutions.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:39 pm

No idea I haven't been for a long time.

FLEKTARN

Post by FLEKTARN » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:24 am

Black Orchid wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:39 pm
No idea I haven't been for a long time.

Me too. I watch movies alone at home, or with a girl, or friend, I'm so boring. We're usually only two people, or only me. I'm fucking boring old man.

cods

Post by cods » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:30 am

Neferti~ wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:51 pm
brian ross wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:38 pm
Interesting. No discussion of the matter of piracy. Tell me, do you believe in theft of intellectual property?

As a long-time Linux user I laugh at all the problems Windoze users have with virii and hacks and so on. Serves you right for using such an insecure OS. :roll:
FYI. The ONLY TV show that I want to watch on Popcorn is "Bodyguard" which is a BBC production. I thought that Foxtel's BBC channel would show it but, apparently, Netflix has bagged it and Foxtel won't show it. I pay for Foxtel and I am not going to pay for Netflix for just 1 TV program. The other TV Programs I am interested in are: Shetland; Endeavour; and Line of Duty ..... ALL are currently being shown on Foxtel. I have also paid for some DVDs but they don't send those to you until the TV show has been shown on Australian TV. I have been waiting since last October for the latest version of Shetland which is now just started on Foxtel. Not going to get caught like that again.

I watch them on ABC I enjoy most Brit shows.....tell me is it a new season for Line of Duty the one I am watching right now is a repeat I have already seen......Endeavour ans Shetland a re new.... I am still waiting on the Crown..

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:24 am

Neferti~ wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:51 pm
brian ross wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:38 pm
Interesting. No discussion of the matter of piracy. Tell me, do you believe in theft of intellectual property?

As a long-time Linux user I laugh at all the problems Windoze users have with virii and hacks and so on. Serves you right for using such an insecure OS. :roll:
FYI. The ONLY TV show that I want to watch on Popcorn is "Bodyguard" which is a BBC production. I thought that Foxtel's BBC channel would show it but, apparently, Netflix has bagged it and Foxtel won't show it. I pay for Foxtel and I am not going to pay for Netflix for just 1 TV program. The other TV Programs I am interested in are: Shetland; Endeavour; and Line of Duty ..... ALL are currently being shown on Foxtel. I have also paid for some DVDs but they don't send those to you until the TV show has been shown on Australian TV. I have been waiting since last October for the latest version of Shetland which is now just started on Foxtel. Not going to get caught like that again.
I bet you say that everytime you break the law, Neferti, right? "I was only speeding the once, Mr. Policeman." "I only killed one child, Mr. Detective." Everytime you break the law you are making a moral decision. Intellectual property is still someone's property. Would you steal a purse? A car? A computer? It all adds up to the same crime - theft. You are depriving the owner of that intellectual property an income from that property. Everytime you buy a DVD you are paying the owner a tiny fraction of it's worth for having created the work.

The proceeds from intellectual property theft go towards other nefarious activities such as human trafficking, drug running, etc.

Just think about those things the next time you decide to steal some else's property... :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:26 am

cods wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:30 am

I watch them on ABC I enjoy most Brit shows.....tell me is it a new season for Line of Duty the one I am watching right now is a repeat I have already seen......Endeavour ans Shetland a re new.... I am still waiting on the Crown..
Line of Duty is the new one, shown in the UK in March 2019. It is being shown on Foxtel. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2303687/ep ... ps_yr_2019

The ABC is showing the new Endeavour and I am recording that. Not sure I like Morse with a mo! https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2701582/episodes

The new Shetland is being shown on Foxtel. The ABC is showing repeats. :roll https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2396135/episodes

Check the links for more information about those 3 TV programs.

I haven't watched The Crown but think it was on Foxtel a while back. The ABC showed the latest Vera recently, they are still showing repeats on Foxtel!

I mostly watch British TV. I find a lot of American shows (similar types to the above ones) to be far too "Hollywood" ... the British ones are, to me, more realistic, the actors look like people you see in the street. :rofl

cods

Post by cods » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:16 pm

yeah we dont have the new Line of Duty....

but the others are the new ones...

the Crown is netflix...

have you been following Happy Valley gawd knows where that names came from..lol...

I like anything with that Sarah Lancashire in..

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:39 pm

cods wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:16 pm
yeah we dont have the new Line of Duty....

but the others are the new ones...

the Crown is netflix...

have you been following Happy Valley gawd knows where that names came from..lol...

I like anything with that Sarah Lancashire in..
I've seen both 2 series of Happy Valley. I think they plan for a 3rd series this year.

Oh, I worked out how to download an entire series of Popcorn-Time and save all episodes to an USB to plug into my DVD player, so I can see them on the Big Screen. :bgrin Not sure I really like this Bodyguard program ... pseudo sexual scenes ... in the second episode? At least I can fast-forward.

The rest of them, I shall wait until they are shown on Foxtel.