“Allahu Akbar!”

Discuss any News, Current Events, Crimes
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
BigP

Re: “Allahu Akbar!”

Post by BigP » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:02 pm

"{Yeah, I am surprised that people cannot see that ordinary, everyday, moderate, assimilated Muslims are being persecuted simply because they share a religion that has the same name as the Islamists. Are you one of those people, BigP?""

Everyday moderate anyone is OK , But the problem with Islam is that various cultures that practice it have a large minority that dont understand what moderate means ,,

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:18 pm

Perhaps Brian needs to start his own thread about "ordinary, everyday, well assimilated, moderate, Muslims" instead of derailing, apologising for and trolling threads that are about the 400 million or so who are anything but. :roll:

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:07 pm

billy the kid wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:01 pm
brian ross wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:17 pm
billy the kid wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:31 pm
Hey arsewipe...youve been calling me an islamophobe from day one....and on this thread you opened the door for insults...
In any case..whats your fkn point...you refer to another website which has a definition of allahu akbar and its numerous uses....
but yet you conveniently overlook the fact that allahu akbar has been shouted on countless occasions by murdering jihadists
for decades.....
They use the phrase when they kill the kaffir in the name of their god.....
Undeniable....prove it is otherwise......
Put up or fkn shut up...….
You just cannot understand your own language can you, Billy? I called you an Islamophobe because you keep posting Islamophobic language. Your persecute Muslims and make no difference between them and Islamists. You have chosen to be an Islamophobe and I suspect no matter how often I explain to how you're being an Islamophobe you won't care. It is like telling a Racist that they are being a Racist. Tsk, tsk. :roll: :roll:
Listen arsewipe....the thread is not about muslims....its about allahu akbar....
You decide to quote from wikipedia in an attempt to make it about muslims....
As usual you derail the thread to suit your own argument...
Ill ask you again...whats your point....
The pos killed in the name of his god.....
That is undeniable.....
The thread has nothing to do with muslims...its about a killer shouting allahu akbar...and murdering for his god....
Face facts arse wipe......
I linked to a Wikipedia article, I did not quote it. What I find interesting is that your incensed that someone might look to different sources than you. You only look it appears, at Islamophobic sources and your language is full of Islamophobia. I defend ordinary, everyday, well assimilated, moderate Muslims. You attack them.

This thread has everything to do with Muslims. You are talking about the use of an Arabic term. The overwhelming majority of Arabs are guess what? Muslims. Funny that, hey. You seem unwilling to talk about the people who originated and still use the term, "Allahu Akbir." I wonder why? :roll: :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:08 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:18 pm
Perhaps Brian needs to start his own thread about "ordinary, everyday, well assimilated, moderate, Muslims" instead of derailing, apologising for and trolling threads that are about the 400 million or so who are anything but. :roll:
Perhaps, Black Orchid you need to stop protecting Islamophobia. Oh, wait, you're an Islamophobe yourself aren't you. That explains why you've chosen to protect the worst of the Islamophobes on this site. What next? Neo-Nazis? Racists? All free from criticism, hey? Tsk, tsk. :roll:

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:10 pm

BigP wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:02 pm
"{Yeah, I am surprised that people cannot see that ordinary, everyday, moderate, assimilated Muslims are being persecuted simply because they share a religion that has the same name as the Islamists. Are you one of those people, BigP?""

Everyday moderate anyone is OK , But the problem with Islam is that various cultures that practice it have a large minority that dont understand what moderate means ,,
In your opinion. How many Muslims do you actually know, BigP? I have served with/studies with/worked with numerous Muslims over the years. They have never been anything other than well adjusted, moderate, people. I've met more extreme Christians than I have Muslims. :roll:

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:13 pm

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... s-of-islam

SO the solution to the shutdown of critiques of islam is not to be politically correct....
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:55 pm

billy the kid wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:13 pm
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... s-of-islam

SO the solution to the shutdown of critiques of islam is not to be politically correct....
You can criticise Islam but you need to understand the religion properly before you can properly criticise it, Billy. Your problem is that you keep using language which is based upon ignorance and bigotry towards Muslims rather than towards their religious beliefs. Islam itself is not one religion. It is basically 1.6 billion individual religions - all Muslims believe what they want to believe about their religion.

Unlike Christianity, there is no central hierarchy, no single authority figure. The result is that people end up following what and who they want. There is also mass ignorance of what Islam is meant to be about. Muhammed changed what he believed, depending on circumstance. When he wanted his followers to be bloody, he emphasised the bloody aspects of his religion. When he wanted them peaceful, he did the reverse.

The Qu'ran was compiled after Muhammed had died and is based upon recollections of what he taught. Unlike Christianity, which came from a long written tradition, Islam came from a vocal tradition with all the associated problems that engenders. Indeed, Arabic, the language of Islam has changed markedly since Muhammed was alive and today, the Qu'ran is written in an old form without accents and archaic spellings. Relatively few learn to read it because of that. Most learn to recite it by rote. There are no original copies of the Qu'ran in existence any more either.

Then we have the Hadiths - the sayings supposedly of Muhammed which weren't considered important enough to be included in the Qu'ran. However, what is known is that many of the Hadith were created well after Muhammed's deaths by unscrupulous Muslim rulers who created them for their own political ends. There is a long term project in Turkey, examining all of the Hadiths and ascertaining their providence.

There is meant to be no one between the believer and God in Islam. However, because of the difficulties in interpreting the Qu'ran, the Imam?Mullah has arisen as a clerical class. He has learnt to read the Qu'ran "correctly" - he knows how to interpret it. Most Imams are good men, some are bastards. Many Muslims are lazy and they follow the Imam that they like or who teaches what they believe. Imams however tend to be the least worldly, the most ignorant of modern life of Muslims because of their long hours spent rote learning the Qu'ran. This is why Hilali came out with his worst comments about Australian society and why he was eventually replaced.

So, you have to understand at least the most basic elements to really be able to criticise Islam. You cannot simply repeat what bigots and Islamophobes say because it simply shows that you are being lazy yourself. You cannot keep persecuting ordinary, everyday, moderate, well assimilated Muslims. You are merely repeating the mistakes we have seen made with each successive group of migrants in Australian society. We have seen it with Jews, Catholics, Eastern Orthodox. We have seen it with Italians, Greeks, Yugoslavs, Serbs, Croats, Indochinese, Chinese. We have in the past been riven with religious bigotry, with Protestants discriminating against Catholics. Don't you think it is time to stop all the bigotry and act like adults?

IQS.RLOW

Post by IQS.RLOW » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:17 am

Ahh the marxist kiss of death. :thumb
Even Islamists are repulsed by societal cockroaches
Quote by Aussie: I was a long term dead beat, wife abusing, drunk, black Muslim, on the dole for decades prison escapee having been convicted of paedophilia

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:19 am

IQS.RLOW wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:17 am
Ahh the marxist kiss of death. :thumb
Even Islamists are repulsed by societal cockroaches
Welcome back Mr IQ.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:17 pm

brian ross wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:08 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:18 pm
Perhaps, Black Orchid you need to stop protecting Islamophobia. Oh, wait, you're an Islamophobe yourself aren't you. That explains why you've chosen to protect the worst of the Islamophobes on this site. What next? Neo-Nazis? Racists? All free from criticism, hey? Tsk, tsk. :roll:
Perhaps you need to stop being a forum Nazi and accept free speech and opinions that differ to your own instead of trying to censor everyone and everything. Most of us know how that turned out for you in the past!