Climate Change

Sciences, Environmental/Climate issues, Academia and Technical interests
Bogan

Re: Climate Change

Post by Bogan » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:45 am

f11j.png
Another rational HIGW supporter. He probably thinks that HIGW is real because spacemen from the ORB told him so. Glad he is one of your supporters, Brian. Another font of rational thought. What's the bet he lives entirely on social security? He can't make a success of his own life, but he can sure tell everybody who pays for his upkeep what they are doing wrong.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Outlaw Yogi

Post by Outlaw Yogi » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:30 pm

Bogan wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:04 am

Saying that "11,000 scientists" agree that HIGW is a fact, tells us nothing about who these scientists are. ...
Turns out one of these esteemed "scientists" is Micky Mouse.
Another is Albus Dumbledore (Hogwarts - Harry Potter)
The first name on the list (forget who) claims to have a PhD in "sexology".

When the Anthropologic Global Warming theory is tested by scientific rigour its proponents will have a case.
Until such time, crying foul about scrutiny of this theory is akin to the church locking up Galileo.
If Donald Trump is so close to the Ruskis, why couldn't he get Vladimir Putin to put novichok in Xi Jjinping's lipstick?

Bogan

Post by Bogan » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:24 am

Yeah Yogi. It sounds just like a repeat of the "97% of climate scientists agree with HIGW". "97" of ABC journalists agree that the ABC is not a hopelessly biased advocacy group for the Labor Party and the Greens, but the public knows better. The "3%" of ABC journalists who would not agree that the ABC is not biased, had better keep their mouths shut or they won't have a job.

brian ross

Climate Change

Post by brian ross » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:37 pm

OPINION Mr Morrison, I lost my home to bushfire. Your thoughts and prayers are not enough

A cynic would say - here is the prefect opportunity to galvanise the public into doing something to mitigate the precursors to the fires (and droughts and ...) but the realist in me would say that the governments of multiple levels will just carry on. Inertia in its truest sense... :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:58 pm

brian ross wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:37 pm
OPINION Mr Morrison, I lost my home to bushfire. Your thoughts and prayers are not enough

A cynic would say - here is the prefect opportunity to galvanise the public into doing something to mitigate the precursors to the fires (and droughts and ...) but the realist in me would say that the governments of multiple levels will just carry on. Inertia in its truest sense... :roll:
Not much hope with the coalition in charge !!

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:30 pm

Redneck wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:58 pm
brian ross wrote:

One of the fires around Sydney today was started by some idiot using an angle grinder which sparked some of the huge amount of brittle and dry fuel that the Greens don't like to have removed during the colder months as a safety precaution.

Perhaps you should be directing some of your angst at the latte sipping inner city Greens who have probably never even been on a real bush walk except to chain themselves at the gates so the firies can't do burn offs.

EDIT: It will take awhile before they know about most of the fires but some kids lit 4 fires around Newcastle. Did the climate change moon Gods drive them? :roll:

The fire at Turramurra was also deliberately lit. 'Climate deniers' trying to make a point?

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:33 am

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:04 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:30 pm
Redneck wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:58 pm
brian ross wrote:

One of the fires around Sydney today was started by some idiot using an angle grinder which sparked some of the huge amount of brittle and dry fuel that the Greens don't like to have removed during the colder months as a safety precaution.

Perhaps you should be directing some of your angst at the latte sipping inner city Greens who have probably never even been on a real bush walk except to chain themselves at the gates so the firies can't do burn offs.

EDIT: It will take awhile before they know about most of the fires but some kids lit 4 fires around Newcastle. Did the climate change moon Gods drive them? :roll:

The fire at Turramurra was also deliberately lit. 'Climate deniers' trying to make a point?
Oh, dearie, dearie, me. Black Orchid there always have been and more than likely always will be fools who make the mistake of using an Angle Grinder on a Total Fire Ban day. The 1983 Ash Wednesday bushfires were lit in South Australia in the Adelaide hills by a man doing the same. It seems that some people don't think about the consequences of their actions.

Children - usually but not totally - males will often be infatuated by fire and will light them to lash out at parents and others who have done them wrong (in their opinion). I have read some interesting psychological papers on the topic of pyromania. However, while they are to be condemned, they shouldn't be consigned to prison or anywhere like that IMO. They need help. Help I suspect you'd never condone, seeing it as "mollycoddling", rather than punishment.

As for the Greens - they are a convenient scapegoat for the most part for people such as yourself to lash out at. I've known quite a few Greens over the years. Indeed, I even considered standing as one of their candidates many years ago but didn't. They are not to blame for people who refuse to clean up 'round their homes/work areas - that is because of laziness, not any policy that the Greens might endorse/enact. People need to take responsibility for their own actions rather than blame others who more than likely never had a hand in what has occurred.

It seems to me that every 15-20 or so years, each state has a bad bush fire season. This is because of many factors but I'd suggest that it is because of laziness and the inability for people to see that what has happened in WA, Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania could well happen in NSW and Queensland - which is what has occurred. :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:30 pm

brian ross wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:51 pm
Bobby wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:56 pm
Neferti wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:41 pm
I tried Red Hat a long time ago on a mate's computer and he had both Windows and Linux. Didn't like it. I don't like Microsoft either. The ONLY people I know who use Linux are OLD FARTS. Really OLD FARTS.
Linux is the basis of many Govt. and professional systems.
That way the people who use it have some sort of control over the source code.
With Microsoft you have no idea of what they are actually doing.
Yes and no. No one in Government cares about the source code - although they should. They don't have time or the money to be worried by what their computer systems are doing without their knowledge. You're right we don't know what Micro$oft is up to. All I know is that it needs constant updating to plug holes, left. right and centre. It annoys me that my kids are downloading gigabytes just to keep their OSs up to date.

The real problem for Micro$oft is that they have a single-user operating system which they have attempted to turn into a multi-user system, whereas Unix and Linux started with the reverse. What Micro$oft has excelled at is marketing. Walk into a computer shop today and all they talk about is Windoze. You mention Linux and they stare at you. :roll:
Same here. Apple is always sending through updates. But with unlimited downloads, on the fastest plan, it doesn't really bother me. :PC
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:29 pm

brian ross wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:21 pm
Oh, dearie, dearie, me. I suspect I know a lot more about computers and operating systems than you do, Neferti. I got my first Apple II way back in 1983. I bought an Apple IIe in 1984 and then my first PC in 1987. I could go on boasting but hey, what would be point? Your ideas on how the world of computing works is very different to mine but hey, I'm a professional IT Systems Engineer and you're a? :roll:
That was very condescending Brian... She didn't deserve that
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."