Black Orchid

Re: The impeachment inquiry

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:44 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmjVYIIl ... =emb_title[/youtube]

Stupid links ARGH!!

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:24 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The4thEstate

Post by The4thEstate » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:03 pm

Congressman Jim Jordan really tore into the Democrats' star witness. His best line was this one, in which he summarized Bill Taylor's testimony:

“Ambassador Taylor says that he recalls that I told Mr. Morrison that I convinced Mr. Yermak in connection with Vice President Pence’s meeting to Warsaw, and so we have six people having four conversations in one sentence and you are telling me this is where you got the clear understanding,” Jordan said.

"I’ve seen church prayer chains that are easier to understand than this."

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:36 pm

The4thEstate wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:03 pm
Congressman Jim Jordan really tore into the Democrats' star witness. His best line was this one, in which he summarized Bill Taylor's testimony:

“Ambassador Taylor says that he recalls that I told Mr. Morrison that I convinced Mr. Yermak in connection with Vice President Pence’s meeting to Warsaw, and so we have six people having four conversations in one sentence and you are telling me this is where you got the clear understanding,” Jordan said.

It was a joke although Dems are still flapping around thinking their 'evidence' is real and not third hand hearsay. How can 2 groups of people look at the same thing and come away with a totally different view of events? Beats me!

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:57 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:36 pm
The4thEstate wrote:

It was a joke although Dems are still flapping around thinking their 'evidence' is real and not third hand hearsay. How can 2 groups of people look at the same thing and come away with a totally different view of events? Beats me!
Beats me how one group can convince themselves that they are right about what witnesses have said, when the witnesses actually said something completely different. What matters is whether or not they convince the Congress people that there is a case to answer and that it should go to the congress for a vote. Then there is completely different game. If it gets past that vote then the trial in the Senate can commence.

el Presidente' Trump can claim it is a false impeachment as much as he desires. However, the rest of the world knows it is really happening. :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:04 pm

brian ross wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:57 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
The4thEstate wrote:

Beats me how one group can convince themselves that they are right about what witnesses have said, when the witnesses actually said something completely different. What matters is whether or not they convince the Congress people that there is a case to answer and that it should go to the congress for a vote. Then there is completely different game. If it gets past that vote then the trial in the Senate can commence.

el Presidente' Trump can claim it is a false impeachment as much as he desires. However, the rest of the world knows it is really happening. :roll:
This "rest of the world" is in your head and Taylor wasn't in on the conversation, never talked to the WH Chief of Staff and has never even met the President. That is NOT "evidence". :roll:

It's a joke and something you desperately cling to just to coddle your irrational hate.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:21 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:04 pm
brian ross wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:57 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
The4thEstate wrote:

This "rest of the world" is in your head and Taylor wasn't in on the conversation, never talked to the WH Chief of Staff and has never even met the President. That is NOT "evidence". :roll:

It's a joke and something you desperately cling to just to coddle your irrational hate.
We shall just have to wait and see, now won't we, Black Orchid.

Unlike yourself who believes they know an outcome before it occurs, I prefer to actually wait and see what the result will be.

Also, unlike you, I am not irrational. If el Presidente' Trump gets off, he gets off. If he doesn't and he has to front the Senate, well, as I keep pointing out, that is a whole different game and all his bluster won't work any longer. :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:27 pm

Brian more than anything I am SO grateful that I am "unlike you". :thumb
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:55 pm

Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Slick Rhodes

Post by Slick Rhodes » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:14 am

The4thEstate wrote:

What's really been exposed is that Diplomats over-rely on gossip and rumors and then act on them as though they are real, something many have long suspected. They pride themselves on doublespeak and reading between the lines until someone like Trumps comes along and makes a mockery of their whole silly business. Winks and nudges don't work well with people who want to get things done.