Day/Night Owls Chit Chat

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Texan

Re: Day/Night Owls Chit Chat

Post by Texan » Mon May 25, 2020 3:12 pm

Bobby wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 1:00 pm
Texan wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 12:36 pm
Bobby wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 10:27 am
Texan wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 5:12 am
I came down with a virus yesterday, but it's not the China Virus. My stomach started hurting severely and I puked my guts out. My stomach ache kept me up most of the night and today, I measured a 101.9 temperature. My stomach ache is about gone. Maybe because I haven't eaten in 24 hours. I'm not hungry and medicine is keeping my fever in check. I've had no breathing issues. I hope I'm better before my granddaughter gets here for my son's graduation ceremony.

Sorry to hear that.
Have you actually had a Covid-19 test?
No. I haven't. I'm not coughing and have no sneezing, runny nose, etc....... After no medicine for several hours my temperature is back up to 100.1, so it's starting to come down. Doctors aren't open until Tuesday because of Memorial Day, unless I go to the ER and then it costs a fortune. Unless it's an emergency, I'll wait until Tuesday. My doctor was open Saturday morning, but I didn't realize I was sick until after they closed.

Wow - in Australia you can go to a drive in test place - there are many -
you don't even get out of your car.
There's not much they can do for a virus besides treat the symptoms and let it run it's course. Over the counter medicines are doing a good job. I'll just shut myself in my bedroom for a few days.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Mon May 25, 2020 5:49 pm

Texan wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 3:12 pm
Bobby wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 1:00 pm
Texan wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 12:36 pm
Bobby wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 10:27 am
Texan wrote:
I came down with a virus yesterday, but it's not the China Virus. My stomach started hurting severely and I puked my guts out. My stomach ache kept me up most of the night and today, I measured a 101.9 temperature. My stomach ache is about gone. Maybe because I haven't eaten in 24 hours. I'm not hungry and medicine is keeping my fever in check. I've had no breathing issues. I hope I'm better before my granddaughter gets here for my son's graduation ceremony.

Sorry to hear that.
Have you actually had a Covid-19 test?
No. I haven't. I'm not coughing and have no sneezing, runny nose, etc....... After no medicine for several hours my temperature is back up to 100.1, so it's starting to come down. Doctors aren't open until Tuesday because of Memorial Day, unless I go to the ER and then it costs a fortune. Unless it's an emergency, I'll wait until Tuesday. My doctor was open Saturday morning, but I didn't realize I was sick until after they closed.

Wow - in Australia you can go to a drive in test place - there are many -
you don't even get out of your car.
There's not much they can do for a virus besides treat the symptoms and let it run it's course. Over the counter medicines are doing a good job. I'll just shut myself in my bedroom for a few days.

But if it's Covid-19 then other people need to be tested too -
those who have had contact with you.

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Mon May 25, 2020 7:28 pm

Texan wrote:
Common Symptoms
Researchers in China found that the most common symptoms among people who were hospitalized with COVID-19 include:
Fever: 99%
Fatigue:70%
A dry cough: 59%
Loss of appetite: 40%
Body aches: 35%
Shortness of breath: 31%
Mucus or phlegm: 27%

Other symptoms may include:
Sore throat
Headache
Chills, sometimes with shaking
Loss of smell or taste
Stuffy nose
Nausea or vomiting
Diarrhea

Emergency Symptoms
Call a doctor or hospital right away if you have one or more of these COVID-19 symptoms:
Trouble breathing
Constant pain or pressure in your chest
Bluish lips or face
Sudden confusion

And because this virus clots the blood...as in causes strokes...

Strokes have also been reported in some people who have COVID-19. Remember FAST:

Face. Is one side of the person’s face numb or drooping? Is their smile lopsided?
Arms. Is one arm weak or numb? If they try to raise both arms, does one arm sag?
Speech. Can they speak clearly? Ask them to repeat a sentence.
Time. Every minute counts when someone shows signs of a stroke.

Call 911 right away.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/covid-19-symptoms#1
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

BigP

Post by BigP » Tue May 26, 2020 8:18 am

My dicks been a little numb and droopy of late, I think maybe it needs a stroke,lol

Texan

Post by Texan » Tue May 26, 2020 11:05 am

It's Monday evening here. I'll be going to the Dr. tomorrow. My fever is below 100F, but I don't feel quite normal. I'm going to be upset if this is the China Virus. We were planning on hosting a graduation party and attending the graduation ceremony this weekend in the Texas Ranger's brand new and unused indoor baseball stadium. My wife will kill me if I ruin it all.

BigP

Post by BigP » Tue May 26, 2020 11:33 am

Texan wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 11:05 am
It's Monday evening here. I'll be going to the Dr. tomorrow. My fever is below 100F, but I don't feel quite normal. I'm going to be upset if this is the China Virus. We were planning on hosting a graduation party and attending the graduation ceremony this weekend in the Texas Ranger's brand new and unused indoor baseball stadium. My wife will kill me if I ruin it all.
Hang tough there Tex, just focus on kicking what ever it is to the curb,, :beer

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue May 26, 2020 2:48 pm

Hope you feel better soon Tex. If you have a fever get a test?

I'm having a good day today so YAY!! I just hope it lasts through the night. 8 weeks is a LONG time!

BigP

Post by BigP » Tue May 26, 2020 3:26 pm

Nom De Plume wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 7:28 pm
Texan wrote:
Common Symptoms
Researchers in China found that the most common symptoms among people who were hospitalized with COVID-19 include:
Fever: 99%
Fatigue:70%
A dry cough: 59%
Loss of appetite: 40%
Body aches: 35%
Shortness of breath: 31%
Mucus or phlegm: 27%

Other symptoms may include:
Sore throat
Headache
Chills, sometimes with shaking
Loss of smell or taste
Stuffy nose
Nausea or vomiting
Diarrhea

Emergency Symptoms
Call a doctor or hospital right away if you have one or more of these COVID-19 symptoms:
Trouble breathing
Constant pain or pressure in your chest
Bluish lips or face
Sudden confusion

And because this virus clots the blood...as in causes strokes...

Strokes have also been reported in some people who have COVID-19. Remember FAST:

Face. Is one side of the person’s face numb or drooping? Is their smile lopsided?
Arms. Is one arm weak or numb? If they try to raise both arms, does one arm sag?
Speech. Can they speak clearly? Ask them to repeat a sentence.
Time. Every minute counts when someone shows signs of a stroke.

Call 911 right away.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/covid-19-symptoms#1
""Every minute counts when someone shows signs of a stroke.""

The art is to have a good one then you are oblivious to all that drooping an drooling, and people dont need to guess whats a happening lol

Texan

Post by Texan » Wed May 27, 2020 12:07 pm

I called into the doctor first thing this morning. They scheduled a video appointment. They didn't prescribe or suggest a thing and they wouldn't even guarantee me a covid19 test. I politely told them that it seems to be a waste of time calling them. They told me that tests are limited and someone above the doctor's office does triage for tests.
They told me to quarantine for 2 weeks and I told them that I had a family to support and until they verified that I had the disease, that I was going to support my family as soon as my symptoms disappeared. With my high fever and the fact that I'm an essential worker, the hospital called this afternoon and my test is scheduled for 1005 in the morning at a tent in the hospital parking lot. Sometimes you have to play hardball.

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Wed May 27, 2020 1:11 pm

Texan wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 12:07 pm
I called into the doctor first thing this morning. They scheduled a video appointment. They didn't prescribe or suggest a thing and they wouldn't even guarantee me a covid19 test. I politely told them that it seems to be a waste of time calling them. They told me that tests are limited and someone above the doctor's office does triage for tests.
They told me to quarantine for 2 weeks and I told them that I had a family to support and until they verified that I had the disease, that I was going to support my family as soon as my symptoms disappeared. With my high fever and the fact that I'm an essential worker, the hospital called this afternoon and my test is scheduled for 1005 in the morning at a tent in the hospital parking lot. Sometimes you have to play hardball.
Just Wow! I hate to say it, but that is terrible. :cry:
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."