Family First

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
Jovial Monk

Re: Family First

Post by Jovial Monk » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:40 pm

Christians make me sick!

mantra.

Post by mantra. » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:42 pm

Hebe wrote:Anyone who goes into Parliament labelling themselves as a Christian scares the pants of me (so to speak - not doing a "Hanson" here).

The last real Christian and honest parliamentarian was Brian Harradine.

*Runs for the hills*
I can't stand Fielding either - never have. He doesn't deserve to be called Senator.
Jovial Monk wrote:Christians make me sick!
If they practised what they preached and weren't such hypocrites - they would be fine!

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:57 pm

if, biggest word in the English language

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:19 pm

Looks like fucking Fielding will vote against the alcopops tax because he didn't get his way on alcohol advertising at sports events which were advertised.

Some lying lib talking about Labor moving an amendment 'validating' the revenue gathered. Nope can't do that, there is a constitution old liar! Apparently Howard had to return money to breweries for some excise hike that never got validated in the end.

So the distilleries will get the tax refunded and can start ramping up alcopops sales again.

Christians! Bah!

Jubial Priest

Post by Jubial Priest » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:41 pm

:lol:
Good

Suck shit Labor. You couldn't pass a fart at the moment without having cave in like a whore with a habit

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:06 pm

Hmmm I think the actual alcopops tax will be tomorrow.

Yup, let us knock back a tax that had actually reduced alcohol taxation, because Fielding wants something unrealistic.

Hebe

Post by Hebe » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:41 pm

Bob Brown's given him a serve:

T
HE man threatening to scuttle the Federal Government's $1.6 billion alcopops tax is acting like a silly, immature child, the Australian Greens say.

Family First senator Steve Fielding is refusing to support Labor's tax hike on ready-to-drink beverages unless the Government promises to close a loophole that allows alcohol advertising on daytime television during sporting events.

Senator Fielding said he would give the Government until 2012 to meet his demand.

"I'm offering the Rudd Government a lifeline, a way to break this stalemate in the Senate on the alcopops tax,'' Senator Fielding said.

Greens leader Bob Brown said the stance was irresponsible.
http://tools.themercury.com.au/stories/ ... g-news.php

Did you see Fielding in Parliament yesterday? He was so whiny it was embarrassing. He sounded like a primary-school kid.
The better I get to know people, the more I find myself loving dogs.

skippy

Post by skippy » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:47 pm

Now that mr x has arrived I think Fielding is feeling a bit put out, I think he saw that nick got his way on the stimulous pack by holding out and Fielding might think he needs to do something to look relevent, it wont work, Fielding just isn't a poly, he just dosn't seem to have"it".

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:05 pm

Oh man, QT in Reps on the computer behind me: Rudd just called the Fibs the "party of binge drinking."

Spot on, Kev! 20 minutes of the Fibs trying to get Kevin to take that back without success :)

Roxon also gave the Fibs a huge serve.

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:19 pm

So the member for Some Families First just voted to hand the distillers $300m and lower the price of alcopops again.

Well done, dickhead!