The Greens - the no credibility party?

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
boxy

Re: The Greens - the no credibility party?

Post by boxy » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:36 pm

Super Nova wrote:There are gender neutral toys already. Why legislate. Government should have other priorities like making sure the toys are safe.
Who's legislating? :?
"But you will run your fluffy bunny mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

mantra

Post by mantra » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:40 pm

Neferti~ wrote:Little Kids love to "play act". Some little girls want to be like Daddy and go off to work (whatever job that may be) some little boys want to be like Mummy and cook, clean and do stuff around the house. It is PLAY ACTING! Assuming these children are pre-schoolers, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with a little boy wanting to be like Mummy or a little girl wanting to be like Daddy. In fact, I would say it is NORMAL. It is the parents who want their girl/boy re-assigned as the opposite to what they were born and those parents need Psychiatric help, ASAP.
The article was just another beat up about the Greens. The Greens' Senator is only advocating that toys shouldn't be marketed as gender specific so that boys or girls could choose their toys without being discriminated against. It's no big deal.

As far as transgender children go, obviously when we were kids - we never saw or heard anything to indicate they existed. I know that up until the 80's if a child was born with an indiscriminate sex - doctors would operate on that child as they saw fit and choose their gender. They made a lot of mistakes. The transgender kids these days are born with their genitals in tact, but just feel emotionally like the opposite gender.

I also think we've gone too far by letting young kids make their own decision to change their sex. Who knows how they will feel in a couple of decades. They'll probably end up suing the government if they change their minds.
The latest Newspoll shows prime minister’s approval rating has dropped to a five-month low. A Fairfax Ipsos poll from last month showed women voters were abandoning the prime minister, with just 37% choosing him as preferred leader.

Waters said the No Gender December initiative highlighted how toys were being marketed to children.

“Children shouldn’t have to conform to gender stereotypes. Boys might be interested in toys that are marketed as for girls and vice versa. This isn’t about some toys being off limits. It’s about children being free to play with whatever toys interest them without fear of being judged or bullied,” Waters said.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/d ... es-in-toys

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:06 pm

boxy wrote:
Super Nova wrote:There are gender neutral toys already. Why legislate. Government should have other priorities like making sure the toys are safe.
Who's legislating? :?
Its only when if this nonsense is not nipped in the bud
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

boxy

Post by boxy » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:27 pm

What nonsense? People expressing an opinion?

Want my opinion? It's all marketing, and convenience. Corporations selling bland, stereotypical toys, and extended families unthinkingly buying the obvious shit, without consideration for the child as an individual.
"But you will run your fluffy bunny mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

TheCult

Post by TheCult » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:30 pm

After seeing this toy nonsense that says it all about the intellectual capability of the greens. I just shook my head and wondered why they even gave them media coverage on that utterly silly nonsense. As for the UN they have been a joke for years.

Gender toy rage now good god. Anyone that takes these crazies seriously needs to take a good long hard break.

mantra

Post by mantra » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:58 am

TheCult wrote:I just shook my head and wondered why they even gave them media coverage on that utterly silly nonsense.
I agree especially as there is so much more important legislation they should be pushing for, but they got a response from Abbott and that's why they were given media coverage.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:41 pm

Oh bullshyt mantra they got a media response almost a full day before Abbott responded.
Most of the sensible media condemned them for their stupidity.
Academics condemned them for their stupidity.
They derserved it... act like a lunatic expect to get called on it... you need to stop the everything is about Abbott crap too mantra, bad enough the looney greens do it. :du :du :du
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

The Uncanny Hengeman

Post by The Uncanny Hengeman » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:24 pm

Hahahaha! What a pack of idiots. All credibility lost.

The Uncanny Hengeman

Post by The Uncanny Hengeman » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:24 pm

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:03 pm

mantra wrote:
The article was just another beat up about the Greens. The Greens' Senator is only advocating that toys shouldn't be marketed as gender specific so that boys or girls could choose their toys without being discriminated against. It's no big deal.
Does she (the Senator) have kids? Toys are marketed as "gender specific"? Where? Wander around Toys 'R Us and note that toys are grouped, obviously, but there is no sign saying "Boy's Toys" or "Girl's Toys" or even " Toys for transgender/gay/lesbian Parents' kids". :mrgreen:
As far as transgender children go, obviously when we were kids - we never saw or heard anything to indicate they existed.
Back in old days, boys who wanted to be girls became transvestites ... or part-time females. Some males still think it is fun to dress up as females, or wear female under garments under their business suit! Why, I have no idea. I doubt there are masses of females out there wandering around in y-fronts and singlets under their dresses. :rofl The idea is ludicrous. Even lesbians don't want a penis!
I know that up until the 80's if a child was born with an indiscriminate sex - doctors would operate on that child as they saw fit and choose their gender. They made a lot of mistakes. The transgender kids these days are born with their genitals in tact, but just feel emotionally like the opposite gender.
Where did you hear that, Mantra? Children born with indiscriminate sex? Doctors playing God? Oh come on! The so-called transgender kids probably have parents who vote Green! Geeze!

Some lesbians often choose to be that way AFTER a marriage and bearing children. You have undoubtedly known some ... or at least heard about some ... like I have. I consider it a "I hate men" thing. The thought of being with a female, sexually, makes me want to throw up! I imagine that some Heterosexual males feel the same about Homosexual males. It's creepy! I was most interested to hear a 14 year old girl refer to one of her teachers as Homosexual, rather than "Gay".
I also think we've gone too far by letting young kids make their own decision to change their sex. Who knows how they will feel in a couple of decades. They'll probably end up suing the government if they change their minds.
Who has gone too far? We the public haven't, most people abhor that sort of thing, i.e. little boy/girl kids wanting to be a girl/boy. Kids pre-pubescent haven't a clue what they "want to be". Mostly they just want other kids at school to "like them". Parents put these crazy ideas into little kids' minds. Presumably, many of these parents have "progressive" agendas.