Elders pan Germaine Greer black rage theory

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
freediver

Elders pan Germaine Greer black rage theory

Post by freediver » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:05 pm

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/st ... 01,00.html

CONTRARIAN feminist Germaine Greer argues that Aboriginal men suffer a rage they "can't get over", one that is responsible for violence in their communities.

She also argues that indigenous women who supported the federal intervention in the Northern Territory Aboriginal communities will be seen as colluding "with the enemy".

But her arguments have angered indigenous leaders, who claim her comments discourage personal accountability and are a step backwards in tackling violence.

More Aborigines back welfare quarantining

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/st ... 01,00.html

A SURVEY of Aboriginal people affected by the Northern Territory intervention shows more are in favour of welfare quarantining than are against it, but 85 per cent are opposed to the Government acquiring communal land with five-year leases.

The survey was undertaken in communities - Titjikala, Papunya, Yuendumu, Ali Curung, Kintore and Hermannsburg - between February and June by researchers commissioned by the Central Land Council.

The survey found 51 per cent of people in favour of welfare quarantining and 46 per cent opposed. People on a wage were most in favour of income management.

Advantages of income management were seen to be increased expenditure on food and children, young men contributing to family shopping and decreases in gambling and drinking.

JW Frogen

Re: Elders pan Germaine Greer black rage theory

Post by JW Frogen » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:25 am

I am seriously conflicted here, should I side with the ever whining about everything but never responsible for anything Aboriginal elders or the ever raging about everything but never actually doing anything Germaine Greer?

Where is Uncanny when you need his advise?

White Indigine

Post by White Indigine » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:29 pm

Germaine smeer has no credibility, only deep misandrist rage and contrarian politics.

So too Bob Carr I would say, although his arguments seemed to hold water longer than GS. Its good that theyre both old, 'cause they will soon be as blackened as their entire hearts.

JW Frogen

Post by JW Frogen » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:33 pm

White Indigine wrote:Germaine smeer has no credibility, only deep misandrist rage and contrarian politics.

So too Bob Carr I would say, although his arguments seemed to hold water longer than GS. Its good that theyre both old, 'cause they will soon be as blackened as their entire hearts.
Hey, I am not one to condemn esoteric and creative spelling, so already I like you, you have made my Christmas list, and I agree contrarian politics is the easiest intellectual gig in town, the easiest thing in the world to do is rant, rage and say what you are against (right Cynik?), saying what you are for is the hard part, but anyone acquainted with Aboriginals have to admit they are creating a culture of permanent grievance and resentment, programming their children to believe self destruction and dysfunction is a form of legitimate protest.

Not all, but far too many.

White Indigene

Post by White Indigene » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:17 pm

JW Frogen wrote:[ anyone acquainted with Aboriginals have to admit they are creating a culture of permanent grievance and resentment, programming their children to believe self destruction and dysfunction is a form of legitimate protest.
Indeed.

In time thay may be able to install it in a Constitution. As it is, it is virtual policy on the run, supported by a dysfunctional judiciary and greedy Legal support infrastructure.

They can now cry 'I have rights!- rights to free money, free moneeee, free moneee for me, pooor bugger me, poor indigineee'. Labor leaps and weaps now, all distraught over fabricated history, and the non-truth of base level existance before white man came.

Interesting to see 4-Corners on Hedland. I know most of the characters portrayed; Hedland hasnt changed one bit, although it seems the Aboriginal problems have gotten worse. The good Senator would agree I spose.

I was going to do a post titled BHP v FMG, in light of flogged out BHP, but I thought better of it. Perhaps later as I get familiar with being a blogger.

Anyway, go FMG.

freediver

Post by freediver » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:20 pm

Welcome aboard Indigene, thanks for signing up.