Should This Man Die?

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
AiA in Atlanta

Should This Man Die?

Post by AiA in Atlanta » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:42 am

Can an inmate be too fat to fry? Or should he be makin' bacon? Cooey claims he is too fat to be executed.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080804/ap_ ... alty_cooey

Undecided? Then read this. The line, "”hey Clint, put on the Bad Company tape,” is one no Hollywood screenwriter could top.
http://markgribben.com/?p=58

freediver

Re: Should This Man Die?

Post by freediver » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:02 am

I don't think the technical issue adds any dimension to the problem. The US spends a fortune on each death row inmate. A slightly bigger chair and a bit more power isn't going to break the budget.

IQSRLOW

Post by IQSRLOW » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:03 am

He should be put to the death simply because he is a ranga

pakistani_dalek

Post by pakistani_dalek » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:34 am

freediver wrote:I don't think the technical issue adds any dimension to the problem. The US spends a fortune on each death row inmate. A slightly bigger chair and a bit more power isn't going to break the budget.
The man is throwing up any obstacles he can to delay the inevitable.He's not ready to die at 41.
Maybe he is saying essentially that because he has a weight issue, the actual effectiveness of a quick death was not guaranteed therefore causing undue pain and suffering to him..the article doesnt really do much detail.
This may raise concerns about human rights abuses.Even tho he showed no mercy ..

Why would anyone dare murder another in the US?..it just seems crazy. And it doesnt seem to be a dissincentive as Ive heard the murder rate is just as high in America as in other countries.

From a cost saving perspective..being fat wont blow the budget.

mantra.

Post by mantra. » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:37 pm

You can't blame him for being scared - although the gutless wonder deserves to experience immense fear and horror. He inflicted terror on two girls and then murdered them and now he's squealing because it's his turn. He's going to go through hell to hell. From what I've heard most of the executioners are amateurs and often have difficulty not only finding the right veins, but administering the right doses - so his intuition is probably very accurate.

JW Frogen

Post by JW Frogen » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:41 pm

He should be forced to eat only McDonalds 'happy meals' until he dies from despair or a heart attack.

This process should be quicker than the current death penality process in the US.

slimD

Post by slimD » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:37 pm

Burn him alive. His fat will provide extra fuel, and there'll be a saving on crematorium costs, and an urn is cheaper than a coffin. You could even film the fire, and sell it on the net, thus actually making a profit.

JW Frogen

Post by JW Frogen » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:19 pm

slimD wrote:Burn him alive. His fat will provide extra fuel, and there'll be a saving on crematorium costs, and an urn is cheaper than a coffin. You could even film the fire, and sell it on the net, thus actually making a profit.
Hi Slim!

Why are you not running for President of the US?

You have my vote.

pakistani_dalek

Post by pakistani_dalek » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:04 pm

slimD wrote:Burn him alive. His fat will provide extra fuel, and there'll be a saving on crematorium costs, and an urn is cheaper than a coffin. You could even film the fire, and sell it on the net, thus actually making a profit.
Back to topic...

I think sitting on death row for years on end would be the worst punishment one could experience.
Can you imagine what that would be like? Much worse than getting it over with quickly.

The Americans know how to make pple suffer..there is no doubt.

JW Frogen

Post by JW Frogen » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:13 pm

pakistani_dalek wrote: I think sitting on death row for years on end would be the worst punishment one could experience.
Can you imagine what that would be like? Much worse than getting it over with quickly.

The Americans know how to make pple suffer..there is no doubt.
You would think so, I would too.

But some scum can sit on death row for years eating their meat loaf and dreaming of past crimes for years and years.

I could never live in prison for life, let alone on death row.

I would make my own date with eternity.

Death seems really easy to me, but the scum of the Earth appeal, they hang on and on and on in death row.

I guess most life just wants to live even if that life has no dignity or purpose.

What is up with dat?