Coalition in crisis

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
Wayne

Coalition in crisis

Post by Wayne » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:55 pm

Coalition down in the polls, Turnbull as popular as a pork chop in a synagogue, ministers rorting allowances left right and centre, corruption rife, and now Bernadi is leaving the fold. Mal still more popular as pm than shorten - but what a race to the bottom that contest is.

Looks like the right are slowly, but surely, splitting into pieces

IQS.RLOW

Re: Coalition in crisis

Post by IQS.RLOW » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:05 pm

Wayne wrote:Coalition down in the polls, Turnbull as popular as a pork chop in a synagogue, ministers rorting allowances left right and centre, corruption rife, and now Bernadi is leaving the fold. Mal still more popular as pm than shorten - but what a race to the bottom that contest is.

Looks like the right are slowly, but surely, splitting into pieces
That's because the libs have been infiltrated by leftists (mainly in NSW) and have done untold damage to the party and its core base.
The emergence of a new conservative force will be welcomed with open arms and will turn the ALP-lite libs into a rump of unelectable wets.
This is demonstrated by the Lib base bleeding to more conservative minor parties. The ALP hasn't picked up anything with regards to their primary, which is remarkable in itself.

Why would any centre left voter, vote for the ALP-lite Libs when they can go full retard and vote for the real thing?
The majority of Australians are conservative and are crying out for a return to conservative values. The left are being rejected even when they try to hide within a conservative party.

If Bernadi does do this, then he will attract support, MPs, experience and money.

I'd be very careful what you wish for Wayne.
A new conservative party without any of the internal leftists white anting policy will firstly be extracting their pound of flesh from the now wet Libs and drag them kicking and screaming to the centre right, similar to the way the ALP is dependant on the Greens to win elections and do backdoor deals while dragging them to the left. You can guarantee that a true conservative party will overtake a faux conservative party over run with leftists like Michael Photios and Trent Zimmerman.

There will only be one way for the ALP to move if this comes about, they will chase the Green left vote because as has been shown, they cannot win the conservative votes.

I bet you thought Trump couldn't win either...
Quote by Aussie: I was a long term dead beat, wife abusing, drunk, black Muslim, on the dole for decades prison escapee having been convicted of paedophilia

IQS.RLOW

Post by IQS.RLOW » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:14 pm

In fact the person who would be shutting themselves the most right about now would be Pauline Hanson because Bernadi has the potential to devastate One Nation with many conservative voters parking their vote ON as a protest. They will quickly bleed off to Bernardi as he is well respected by conservative voters.

I might even put up my hand if there's an opening and advance the cause of leftist extermination. :lol:
Quote by Aussie: I was a long term dead beat, wife abusing, drunk, black Muslim, on the dole for decades prison escapee having been convicted of paedophilia

LEFTWINGER supreme

Post by LEFTWINGER supreme » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:20 pm

54 46

Wayne

Post by Wayne » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:41 pm

IQS.RLOW wrote:In fact the person who would be shutting themselves the most right about now would be Pauline Hanson because Bernadi has the potential to devastate One Nation with many conservative voters parking their vote ON as a protest. They will quickly bleed off to Bernardi as he is well respected by conservative voters.

I might even put up my hand if there's an opening and advance the cause of leftist extermination. :lol:
Bernadi needs some heavies to defect to his party. I can't see anyone at the moment from either of the mains who would take the risk. I think he will sit by himself as an Independent and, may pick up some disgruntled, under performing Libs or Labs displaced or demoted by internal shuffles. The question is, are these the people he wants? He needs to avoid Hanson's issue where she did not not fully know the backgrounds and status of her representatives. Bernadi can't afford that to happen. Hanson can at the moment, because she is riding high on the dissatisfaction with both parties. That can change in an instant and blow her and Bernadi out the window. Abbott would be a perfect party member for him - but that wont happen - unless Turnbull gets a huge rise in satisfaction, polls improve and Abbott is then neutered

IQS.RLOW

Post by IQS.RLOW » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:53 pm

LEFTWINGER supreme wrote:54 46
A contribution to the discussion as worthy as the rest of your droppings at Ozpol.

IQS.RLOW

Post by IQS.RLOW » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:21 pm

Wayne wrote:
IQS.RLOW wrote:In fact the person who would be shutting themselves the most right about now would be Pauline Hanson because Bernadi has the potential to devastate One Nation with many conservative voters parking their vote ON as a protest. They will quickly bleed off to Bernardi as he is well respected by conservative voters.

Bernadi needs some heavies to defect to his party. I can't see anyone at the moment from either of the mains who would take the risk. I think he will sit by himself as an Independent and, may pick up some disgruntled, under performing Libs or Labs displaced or demoted by internal shuffles. The question is, are these the people he wants? He needs to avoid Hanson's issue where she did not not fully know the backgrounds and status of her representatives. Bernadi can't afford that to happen. Hanson can at the moment, because she is riding high on the dissatisfaction with both parties. That can change in an instant and blow her and Bernadi out the window. Abbott would be a perfect party member for him - but that wont happen - unless Turnbull gets a huge rise in satisfaction, polls improve and Abbott is then neutered
It won't take long with Turnbull being protected by the wets as he performs shockingly.
There will be quite a few who will take a chance on something new rather than watch as the left bring down the conservative party from the inside.

I hope the Libs can be strong enough internally to pull back, but until the party is purged of faux inner city conservatives who identify with many Green ideals, they will not enjoy the primary support of 40%+ that is needed to win elections without pandering to minority parties and govern effectively. New Zealand and the US is looking better every day- lower tax rates and falling cost of living. Something badly needed in OZ but unobtainable while the left hold the country hostage to identity politics and a party governing in their own right is looking like the distant past.

The ALP won't be able to govern effectively either and to be honest, I'd be happier if whoever wins elections are able to govern in their own right and their terms have something to be measured by. For the last 10 years we have had nothing but a revolving door of fuckwits swapping seats in parliament and fuckall meaningful policy that makes a difference to peoples lives.

Given Turnbulls inability to perform so far (and hasnt improved at all since he was dumped as opposition leader in 2009), the 54 bedwetters in the Libs are going to soak their mattresses as an election edges closer and will do exactly as the ALP did. Knife another sitting PM in an effort to show the voters how fucked they are and follow the lead of the rest of the pathetic NSW political establishment who decided that rotating leaderships is the answer to a question no one asked.

Where is the leadership in this country? Every party is lead and infested by frightened little rabbits too scared to say what needs to be said lest they find themselves being abused by tweens and sooks on Twatter, all egged on by a leftist media cabal searching for minor gotcha moments to feed their opinionated narrative.

I'll vote for Bernardi simply because his platform is the only option for someone looking for a conservative representative.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:40 pm

Wayne wrote:

WHATEVER! I can't vote for him even if I wanted to.

I did NOT vote for Malcolm ... I voted "informal".

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:18 pm

IQS.RLOW wrote:
In fact the person who would be shitting themselves the most right about now would be Pauline Hanson because Bernadi has the potential to devastate One Nation with many conservative voters parking their vote ON as a protest. They will quickly bleed off to Bernardi as he is well respected by conservative voters.

Correct!
Last edited by lisa jones on Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I would rather die than sell my heart and soul to an online forum Anti Christ like you Monk

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:21 pm

IQS.RLOW wrote:
LEFTWINGER supreme wrote:54 46
A contribution to the discussion as worthy as the rest of your droppings at Ozpol.
Put him on IGNORE. I have.

He hangs around PA like an annoying bad smell :evil:
I would rather die than sell my heart and soul to an online forum Anti Christ like you Monk